It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Employee's Anti-Diversity Manifesto Goes 'Internally Viral' - LiveLeak Video shows Proof Goog

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oooh here's one now! Is it a lie that google has been trying to employ people based on things like gender or race, rather than aptitude and talent?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

Oooh here's one now! Is it a lie that google has been trying to employ people based on things like gender or race, rather than aptitude and talent?

Why don't you prove that "Google has been trying to employ people based on things like gender or race, rather than aptitude and talent?" for starters?

Surely, if this is so obviously and well-stated in the video ... you can prove this truth, right?

Right?

(post by Outlier13 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Well, we have testimony from a reliable source that is the case.

Honestly though if you are employed and haven't noticed that employers try to signal how inclusive they are by employing women or racial minorities who's ability is less than a while male then you haven't been paying attention.

Unless you have noticed, but think it's a good idea. I'd get defensive too if I was you. But luckily for me, I'm not you.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

Well, we have testimony from a reliable source that is the case.

Honestly though if you are employed and haven't noticed that employers try to signal how inclusive they are by employing women or racial minorities who's ability is less than a while male then you haven't been paying attention.

Unless you have noticed, but think it's a good idea. I'd get defensive too if I was you. But luckily for me, I'm not you.

You have "testimony from a reliable source"? Who exactly? The disgruntled Google employee? The guy at LiveLink?

I'd love to see this "testimony" ... where is it?

I see that you have the opinion that employers hire "women or racial minorities" without merit. That's fine, and that's your opinion (as well as a gross, laughable, generalization.)

I'm still waiting for any facts that would back up all these opinions.

Got any?
edit on 6-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: your ---> you

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

the video is taking too long to get to the point. So far it is just a guys opinion. Anyway Im aware google is being sued by the EU for "showing its products first" in search lists.. The Federal Trade Comission said the same thing about google.

www.google.com...

You can pay companies to alter search results.

guaranteedremovals.com...[campaign]&u tm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_JrMBRDPARIsACis1HwQgXXQtbxn8D4h8M5L4KyZVC3sfp-RtsQqeuFia_MzEJjcZILfQ78aAtMVEALw_wcB

google personalizes search results..

www.google.com...

Anyway there have been times that I knew what I was looking for and knew it woukd be hard to find.. Using google tricks like quotation marks can give you better results and often it takes digging through random pages atarting on page 3 to find the non "picked" search results.

get used to using multiple search engines.
If everyone in the world came to me for advice, dont you think i could give you guys certain advice that makes me the influencer of all that is??

The guy who made the term "Net nutrality" made a study titled "Does google content degrade google search, experimental evidence."

here:

www.slideshare.net...

blah blah blah. The illusion of free choice is even worse when one cannot count on unbiased searches for information. My advice. Stop feeding mega corporations if you like not what they do.

The google has you Neo.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Awesome, at last, your opinion in your own words.

Do you really believe that something "going viral" proves that it's true?

Wow.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Wow...you even missed that one. Mic drop.

(post by GusMcDangerthing removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Not at all. Let me summarize for you.

You posted a video that discussed personal opinions based on the personal opinions of someone else (the guy at Google circulating the Google doc.)

You then resorted to ad homs and other illogical arguments to avoid the fact that you made no statements of fact in your OP.

Then, you claim that something "going viral" proves that it's true.

I don't think I'm the one "missing" anything here, friend. Also the "mic drop" ... loses a great deal when you do it for yourself.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
From what I can see most Google employees disagreed with the memo and made tweets disavowing it... which is totally expected. That does not mean however the author of the document had no valid point. The fact they would disavow a document calling for more ideological diversity in Google is highly ironic considering their love for diversity. It just proves his point. I guess diversity and freedom of thought is great until it messes with your agenda.
edit on 6/8/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
From what I can see most Google employees disagreed with the memo and made tweets disavowing it... which is totally expected. That does not mean however the author of the document had no valid point. The fact they would disavow a document calling for more ideological diversity in Google is highly ironic considering their love for diversity. It just proves his point. I guess diversity and freedom of thought is great until it messes with your agenda.

Is there something against diversity in NOT AGREEING with someone else's opinion?

How so?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

You are dead on. The internal memo and LiveLeak video posted in the OP is precisely about this type of person and their extremist left mindset.

edit on 6-8-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join