It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Employee's Anti-Diversity Manifesto Goes 'Internally Viral' - LiveLeak Video shows Proof Goog

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Do I believe that there's some vast "left wing" conspiracy controlling Google, Facebook, Youtube, etc.?

I haven't seen any evidence of that.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That wasn't the question. The question was: Is one of those things worse than the other?
edit on 7-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Update; the author of the memo has been fired.

Yesterday we reported that a 10-page document penned by an unnamed Google engineer titled "Google's Ideological Echo Chamber" which criticized the company's "left-leaning", "anti-conservative" culture and called for replacing Google's diversity initiatives with policies that encourage "ideological diversity" instead, led to angry outrage among fellow Google employees and Silicon Valley liberals. The document, published in its entirety by Gizmodo, quickly went "viral" both inside the company and within the broader Silicon Valley community.

The document's author also wrote that employees with conservative political beliefs are discriminated against at Google and lamented about how "leftist" ideology is harmful. It argued that the company should have a more "open" culture where its viewpoint would be welcomed. The document said that improving racial and gender diversity is less important than making sure conservatives feel comfortable expressing themselves at work.

And, as of moments ago, the author of the memo - whose name has since been revealed as James Damore - has been fired.

According to Bloomberg, "Google has fired an employee who wrote an internal memo blasting the web company’s diversity policies, creating a firestorm across Silicon Valley."

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What a surprise. Wrongthink is a fireable offense, even if it doesn't relate to your job or ability to do the job.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Well, I don't agree with him being fired, per se, but ... I'm fairly sure it's against company policy to issue a 10 page critique of the company by using internal communication methods.

If this were any other company, some would be crowing about private businesses' right to do what they choose.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

If this were any other company, some would be crowing about private businesses' right to do what they choose.

You mean like the bus company should be able to determine where Rosa sits?

I think we're past that these days.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And because he lacks the authority to do so (establish policy) he got fired. He used to be in an executive position, but cheer up, he can now start looking for another job, which is what he should have done in the first place.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: supermouse

A bit of a dated example, but yes, exactly ...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Stop confusing Hillary Clinton, for "The left". Now, not tomorrow, don't work on it for a couple of weeks and see where you get with it, just stop. I know it makes it easier to justify your position, but its invalid because it is inaccurate. She is part of the centre right, not the left, nor anything which even resembles it. She assisted in the trade of weapons to dictatorial and authoritarian regimes. The left does not support this. She supported, endorsed and aided in various global trade operations, which the left does not support. She was complicit in permitting the erosion of civil liberties, in response to "terror" threats (read: government sponsored murder of its own citizens, to legitimise crushing their freedoms), which the left does not support. She is not a left wing figure, by any definition of any value what so ever.

And yes, if you think she is, your position is invalid.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
"Leftist" is merely another authoritarian bogeyman ... like "anarchist" or "Communist" or "terrorist."

They can't define who the "leftists" are, and they can't define their characteristics, other than that they don't agree with them.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

"Leftist" is merely another authoritarian bogeyman ... like "anarchist" or "Communist" or "terrorist."

They can't define who the "leftists" are, and they can't define their characteristics, other than that they don't agree with them.

Well there is a problem with all labels on political affiliation.

I would argue the term alt right is used as an ambiguous boogey man to label people to silence them.

So it works both ways.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

a reply to: Dfairlite

Do I believe that there's some vast "left wing" conspiracy controlling Google, Facebook, Youtube, etc.?

I haven't seen any evidence of that.

*eyeroll*

Don't you KNOW??

Reality itself has a liberal bias!!!!

/s

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hillary Clinton is center right? Maybe around 25 years ago I would have considered her to be this but now she has publicly redefined her political fundamentals, detached herself from her original platform from times past, and adopted the cultural “change” that ever-shifting progressives demand at any given moment.

She is far from center right today and has moved decisively to far left.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

No.

The "conservatives" have moved so FAR right, everything seems "leftist" to them. They have shifted the "Overton Window".

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Yet that "bias" is no more liberal than Barry Goldwater.

When I'm not infuriated at the rank dishonesty, I'm saddened by the world of constant hatred, fear and anxiety that is crafted by their chosen media echo chambers.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I agree. I have NO IDEA, why the primaries were rigged to favor her over an energized, life long democrat as far as voting and support goes, that brought the right level of energy to his voters and was consistant with his careers trajectory. Freaking Bernie supporters lost the most in all this.

I could have voted for him.

But, we are supposed to defend the establishment Dems, fight the establishment Repubs, fight all non establishment entities on both sides, and give the DNC or the RNC another chance to defraud us next time.

Can we start a new party yet?

Screw both of them.

edit on 8 8 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Bernie Sanders was an Independent for the majority of his career.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I can't believe this is the management of such a large company and they don't get even it.

His words do not pertain to women working there.

Only the ones who choose not to. Like shooting whisky, most women choose not to. That doesn't say anything about the ones who do. They might be great at it and enjoy what they do, but are still a small subset.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

No.

The "conservatives" have moved so FAR right, everything seems "leftist" to them. They have shifted the "Overton Window".

Who even cares anymore. Have a look at what the average' leftist' thinks is a good idea and tell me that it's a bad thing to be far right these days.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join