It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local ATS - Relevant to Your Neck of the Woods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Again, it would be an optional tool to enhance your ATS experiance. And yes it could be used to narrow down your location. Users would need to use this feature wisely. Perhapse we limit acces to the feature for established members like Above Top Secret.

Thank you for your feedback.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

May I give you my input on why I think it's not the best idea? It's a bit wordy so bear with me.

One of my pet peeves with my mother to this day, and my father when he was still alive was that their focus was far too narrow. They would often ONLY see and find important what happened in "their neck of the woods" and would filter out relevant and frankly important world happenings. Now, one can argue that ignorance is bliss, but as we can see by our current hyper-partisanship that it has consequences.

I tend to come to ATS to see whats happening in people's minds across a broader spectrum and tend to get a more unfiltered view here than I would say, from a suite of postings at the end of an article on MSN (which they have discontinued now it seems due to the polarizing nature of the comments there).

With that said, I'm not ignorant to why you would find it a valuable tool, a community if you will, for those most affected to come together under the same umbrella....BUT what I find likely to happen instead will be unwelcomed opinion by those unaffected, at which point it will turn into a defensive stance instead of a community gethering.

edit on 7-8-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Yup, it seems I may have fallen for the assumption trap of "it's a great idea but only if everyone thinks like I do".

Thanks for the feedback.

In your example there seems to be an exclusion of a global focus. I agree that that is not healthy. This idea would keep intact the global perspective allowing members to move from narrow focus to large focus seamlessly. In my experience, not necessarily related to threads and forums but in life, when I have the flexibility to move from big picture to narrow focus I get #hit done.

Thanks again.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join