It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Come On All of You Big Strong Men

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

So what. I despise killing, and I don't take orders very well. Put those two together, and it indicates a highly reluctant soldier.

How about you? You ready to go if need be?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I'd be happy to deny serving machines of war again and again. Took a year of civil service instead. Back then, when we've had conscription laws in Germany.

Thank you for your service on the reluctant front, comrade!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Wait a second, so this entire thread was satire?

That makes better sense than thinking you would be the type to encourage invading a sovereign country without cause.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I remember when I registered (waaaaaay) back in 1988,the Post Office lady accused me of trying to steal her pen.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Vector99

So, you can relate to what Joe sang?

The alternative to preemptively attacking Kim is to sanction him until he has nothing to lose and launches. When he launches he will simultaneously attack the south with artillery and probably lob a few at Japan for good measure. We may shoot the missiles coming at the US and Japan down, but his artillery will already have flattened S Korea's cities and ports and rails.

So not preemptively striking has a decidedly advantage to Kim doing the most damage with his artillery.

And that's exactly what the Trump Administration is doing. They continue to use sanctions even though they do not work. They have refused to retaliate for the murder of Otto Warmbier and we STILL have citizens stuck over there in prison. Why?

The refusal of the powers-that-be to act tells me they are going to let Kim launch. It's a matter of time. I don't want anyone to die, whether it be here, North Korea, South Korea or Japan or wherever. But how can our Potus go along with these threats and not take action other than sanctions?

I just don't get it. We're playing into Kim's hands and he's being given more time to advance his nuke program and Washington could care less.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
When will you get stung by wasps? When you disturb their nest...kind of like throwing a rock at it (missile). Should the rock hit...expect a big swarm coming at you.

Enough of fear mongering Phage...just keep to your business in the nest...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Patience. ............

America is in the WAR business. Manufacturing and exporting.

Want to prosper in the coming Stock mkt crash? Here's a little tip

www.marketwatch.com...

It's an established pattern....

mutual funds for profit on the blood and lives of humans. What have we come to...???

edit on 6-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Yes, we have a lot of armchair warriors as of late. You have two leaders facing off, neither of which probably has the remotest idea of what a nuclear weapon is capable of. There are not even very many people now alive who have ever seen an above ground detonation. I think anyone who wants to "nuke'em" should read Hiroshima Diary by Michihiko Hachiya, who was a Japanese physician who was present at the bombing and attended to the dying and wounded. People burnt to a crisp and still alive, with their eyes burned out, skin coming off arms like a glove, people burning alive in the firestorm. It was the closest thing to hell on Earth we have ever experienced. And of course the weapons in play now are orders of magnitude more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb. We don't want these landing on our soil, and honestly we don't ever want to use them against other human beings. We better start learning to find away around this happening, or it WILL happen. There are too many countries within reach of getting the bomb and somewhere someone is going to miscalculate. I grew up during the cold war and we lived in fear of the end of the world, in was always a smoldering worry on everyones minds. Now we have come through a couple decades of "peace" and we seem to have forgotten the absolute lethality of nuclear war. Well, at least for those of us unfortunate enough not to have access to adequate shelters. That's pretty much everyone except the leaders who want to fight. Kind of ironic. Kim is like a child who found his fathers shotgun and is playing with it. Except if it goes off it could be the death of millions. So keep in mind that if we bring this horror to us, it wont be remembered in the form of a book, it will be on social media the world over. Be prepared to see horror on a scale no one can imagine. Except those few poor souls still alive who lived through Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The alternative to preemptively attacking Kim is to sanction him until he has nothing to lose and launches. When he launches he will simultaneously attack the south with artillery and probably lob a few at Japan for good measure. We may shoot the missiles coming at the US and Japan down, but his artillery will already have flattened S Korea's cities and ports and rails.

So not preemptively striking has a decidedly advantage to Kim doing the most damage with his artillery.

And if you preemptively strike another nation that hasn't attacked us first, you are committing war crimes. You are advocating for war crimes from the safety of your laptop pulpit. Good for you! You're so brave, such a bad ass! I asked you in the other NK thread when your were going to take one of the Chinese tourist trips to NK and try to take out Lil Kim yourself since you're so concerned with stopping an attack on SK. Have you booked your trip yet? Or are you going to keep sitting here talking tough on ATS.

AS I said in the other post, I'm a 44 year old cripple because when I was 17 I bought in, hook line and sinker, to the might of the American Military and how we could go where we want, when we want however we wanted to and I'm part of that 60% of service vets who the VA took a giant dump on.

I don't see any need for other kids to have to go through anything remotely resembling my situation or end up like the friends I've lost. Sorry, but very few 11 B's ever come home again if they earn their Combat Infantry Badge. What I mean by that is that even if the person physically comes back unscathed, the person that left home for Ft. Benning (or any of the others numerous bases that host basic, AIT and any other courses one may go through during their training prior to deployment) are not in any way the same person when they come back to the states. This callous attitude of yours with regards to ending quite literally, of millions of lives, is in my mind an afront to any and everyone who has ever worn a uniform and taken that oath. If you're that gung ho to topple Lil Kim, take one of those fine Chinese tours and go after him on your own. Your proposals are irrational and inconsiderate at best. And ATS T&C prevent me from saying much more on what I think here. But suffice to say, I've had my fill of cowards who talk tough online that wouldn't even make it off the cattle truck at Benning without crying for their mommy but feel that its ok to sit in their safe space and let their inner snowflake out on ATS while rallying for a preemptive strike on another country. Your proposal is both criminal and insane. Especially if you're not willing to go over there yourself. And since you're on ATS posting, it doesn't look like you're getting ready to go over and take care of business like the big tough guy you are.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Dont need boots on the ground. Hammer them until they are South Korea... simple as that.
edit on 6-8-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

But the US has nukes doesn't it? I presume they still work ? The point of these nukes (according to the pro nuke folks) is that they are a deterrent. As long as a country has nukes nobody will attack it. So why the hell is the US getting all agitated about NK....so what!!!! (if the deterrence logic is sound). South Korea is under the US nuke umbrella, so same difference, as is Japan.

Unless......the theory of deterrence is boll.cks. It only works with rational leaders and rational leaders don't lob nukes as a first strike under any circumstances (deterrence effect moot). Irrational leaders on the other hand (NK for example) do lob nukes thinking they can "win" whatever warped spoils of war it perceives and so the deterrence effect is dead.

I suspect people with brains in the US know that nukes are NOT a deterrent but highly dangerous in the wrong hands and great for funding a pointless weapon program that keeps tens/hundreds? of thousands of people in a military job for life.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Registered in '80 when I turned 18. With brain damage and needing heart surgery, I don't see the army taking me unless the Democratic Republic of California declares war on us.

I'm on the side that says let's launch missiles on NK for one or two weeks to give them the idea that we mean business. If the fat boy is still thinking about hurting us after than then it's time to roll up our sleeves and send in the SK army with plenty of US bomber support.

BTW, nice to see you back in action Phage!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So we start a war with NK with the hopes that will make their leader like us and not want to retaliate. Hmmm, not sure.

The US could have the CIA kill him which has been the main play in the game for many decades.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Page:

Are you subject to the draft? That's the topic, after all.

Wookiep:

I asked what you think the solution to the NK problem is.

I doubt very much that the draft will be required where North Korea are concerned, if conflict does occur with that country, it won't require boots on the ground, planes and missiles only.

As for a solution to North Korea, well...that has always been known as being China, and even China knows this full well. If North Korea was wholly isolated from any support at all, I should think North Korea would have been dealt with by now through a barrage of UN sanctioned cruise missiles.

China has always been the stumbling block, but modern China is slightly different from the China 40 years ago. It is not in China's interest to having a loose cannon neighbour with nukes run by a megalomaniac, and a very childish one at that. China needs North Korea in-situ to act as a buffer to western influences, and to prohibit a line of western missile defences along its border with North Korea, which is what it would get if North Korea was to fall to the South with American military support.

China cannot control Kim Jung-un, it can only influence him to a degree. Ideally, China should seek regime change in North Korea and end the Jong-un dynasty for good, and put in place a China-sympathetic North Korean government. This would result in less casualties than if America and South Korea sought it. Those Chinese troops amassed along the Chinese border with North Korea, are there for two purposes, one is humanitarian, the other is to repulse any western backed force that sought to gain any landmass of North Korea.

Any pre-emptive attack by the west on North Korea would see a response from Chinese and (probably) Russian forces. Western sanctions are the only thing the West can use against North Korea. The West cannot attack North Korea without lining itself up against an axis of powers it does not want to bring together militarily. That way is fraught with nuclear danger. The West has far more to lose than the combination of North Korea supported by China and Russia.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Dont need boots on the ground. Hammer them until they are South Korea... simple as that.

Strategic bombing has never worked.

Even japan it took 5 years of hard fighting before they where weakend enough to be pushed over the edge.

You see bombing peoples homes just pisses them off and makes them want to fight harder.

Lets put it another way......if USA citys where nuked or firebombed can you see US citizens just surrending without a fight to China or Russia? No? Well that holds the same with other countrys too.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
is this a hysterical liberal frantically posting after binge watching to much CNN?

Yes he was certainly triggered by some of that great late 60s anti war music. Well maybe the sound of an M-60 cracking of but who knowsa.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
So we start a war with NK with the hopes that will make their leader like us and not want to retaliate. Hmmm, not sure.

The US could have the CIA kill him which has been the main play in the game for many decades.

Well its not like Dude is not firing s**t all over the place and making big talk. Na hes really a boy scout, His uncle fell down is all that happened with that.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This issue is a lot more complicated then some of you are making it out to be. If North Korea is allowed to complete their Nuke program, what is to stop other countries from starting their own programs? We used to believe the less countries with Nukes, the better, now I guess we believe in Nuclear Proliferation, y'know because the USA has Nukes, so everyone is entitled to them! What could go wrong?

Secondly, North Korea's goal is to reclaim South Korea. If we do nothing to prevent NK, this will happen. Are we prepared to allow tens of millions of our supposed allies to be killed and subjugated? That wouldn't send a very good signal to our other allies, I'm sure Japan would start crapping their pants in fear of China. And enemies of allies across the world will be emboldened knowing we are impotent, likely leading to increased warfare across the globe.

If an international coalition to take out Kim and reform NK isn't constructed, it will literally redefine the way the world order operates, and not towards a more stable and peaceful planet.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

And if you preemptively strike another nation that hasn't attacked us first, you are committing war crimes. You are advocating for war crimes from the safety of your laptop pulpit. Good for you! You're so brave, such a bad ass! I asked you in the other NK thread when your were going to take one of the Chinese tourist trips to NK and try to take out Lil Kim yourself since you're so concerned with stopping an attack on SK. Have you booked your trip yet? Or are you going to keep sitting here talking tough on ATS.

AS I said in the other post, I'm a 44 year old cripple because when I was 17 I bought in, hook line and sinker, to the might of the American Military and how we could go where we want, when we want however we wanted to and I'm part of that 60% of service vets who the VA took a giant dump on.

I don't see any need for other kids to have to go through anything remotely resembling my situation or end up like the friends I've lost. Sorry, but very few 11 B's ever come home again if they earn their Combat Infantry Badge. What I mean by that is that even if the person physically comes back unscathed, the person that left home for Ft. Benning (or any of the others numerous bases that host basic, AIT and any other courses one may go through during their training prior to deployment) are not in any way the same person when they come back to the states. This callous attitude of yours with regards to ending quite literally, of millions of lives, is in my mind an afront to any and everyone who has ever worn a uniform and taken that oath. If you're that gung ho to topple Lil Kim, take one of those fine Chinese tours and go after him on your own. Your proposals are irrational and inconsiderate at best. And ATS T&C prevent me from saying much more on what I think here. But suffice to say, I've had my fill of cowards who talk tough online that wouldn't even make it off the cattle truck at Benning without crying for their mommy but feel that its ok to sit in their safe space and let their inner snowflake out on ATS while rallying for a preemptive strike on another country. Your proposal is both criminal and insane. Especially if you're not willing to go over there yourself. And since you're on ATS posting, it doesn't look like you're getting ready to go over and take care of business like the big tough guy you are.

You are crying because lil Kimmy is going to get himself nuked, wah wah wah. Nothing you can do about it but sit back and wait and judging by your disdain for America, probably hoping that he nukes some "American bastards" as their official statements declare.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian
Lets put it another way......if USA citys where nuked or firebombed can you see US citizens just surrending without a fight to China or Russia? No? Well that holds the same with other countrys too.

Of course not, we'd expect the "Launch All" button be pressed and watch the world burn. We have that power, nobody outside of Russia can say the same, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join