It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Come On All of You Big Strong Men

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Azdraik

I had record, or nearly so, asvab scores (the test was ridiculously easy), the recruiter was salivating to get me into the Navy. But, a little too blind, and a little too deaf, in combination. Even Washington's Jr. senator, at the time, Henry Jackson couldn't get me in...

But I remember the idiots at the testing center in Spokane...and I find it amazing that our military is as good as it is.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm a 57 Y/O with some WWII surplus rifles a shotgun and sufficient ammo.
I'll be the home guard!

For my adult son and daughter I'm strongly pushing abstinence and the "Canada plan"

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Why should I care about South Korea? We went there, we lost, we need to let the best man take the whole island.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I don't think I have to worry about the draft I'm 40 years old with no kids. I don't think a war with NK would sustainable with a volunteer only military.

NK isn't suicidal they're more about maintaining power. Any attack on NK would turn into a bloodbath for both sides. China isn't just going to sit back and watch either. The last think they want is a unified Korea backed by the US on their border. I could see China supporting NK if there were a conflict. I we attack NK I wouldn't be surprised if they used chemical weapons either. I believe NK will fight to the death unlike Iraq where Saddams troops tucked tail and ran.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

318 in 72'

...and it's 1 2 3....

A little history lesson.

edit on 8 6 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Rock and roll music is the main weapon

I hope you'll take the weak and small mercs and volunteers from abroad as well? It's all about numbers, at least until the Chinese show up again to kick some asses...
And this time around, your walking dead with military industrial complexes really deserve a punch or two.

Give 'em hell, Phage!

PS: this is a Krauts opinion with lucky number 24, who refused to serve in the Wehrmacht 2.0 and wiped old farts asses via Caritas instead.

edit on 6-8-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wookiep

Lol. What? I asked what you think the solution to the NK problem is.

I don't know...lol.

Are you subject to the draft? That's the topic, after all.

son, there ain't no draft no more.

edit on 6-8-2017 by network dude because: added video

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

three separate executive orders by reagan, ford and carter all prohibit political assassinations by the US in any capacity. Obama wrote one that relaxes it for known terrorists. But I consider the Kim dynasty a nuisance to the US. not a terrorist organization.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I got out of the Army and a short time latter I received a letter in the mail telling me I needed to register. I was like wait a minute. Anyway I'm registered.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
was your account hacked ?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I did 20 years (volunteer 90'-10's) after registering, so I'm likely to get called back in the case of a draft if only in a training cadre role.

I'd volunteer to go back if they let me protect Itaewon during the war. Cultural landmarks should be preserved at all costs

(The "big strong men" line is so misogynistic. I heard women and men were all equal)
edit on 6-8-2017 by 200Plus because: added volunteer to serviceto avoid confusion

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Nothing says freedom like forced military service........

If a war is justified then surely you dont need conscription as you will get plenty of volunteers?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

North Korea. Bad, insane, dynastic dictatorship. No doubt.
With ICBMs. And nuclear devices. How accurate are the missiles? Who cares? Only fission weapons? Who cares? They gotta be stopped!

Somebodys gots to do something and soon. So, short of nuking the country we launch cruise missiles and stuff (sure taught Assad a thing or three!). Thing is, they have a lot of army and our friend, South Korea, is in for some bad #. So it's boots on the ground to push 'em back (way back). Again.

Is a volunteer army enough? All you big strong men registered? I understand you need to be.

I lucked out way back when. My lottery number was 364. What's yours?

Back in the Fall of 1965 I quit college and got drafted .....before Thanksgiving I got drafted and went downtown Chicago for a physical and watched the group in front of me being sworn in......lines one and three , you're in the Marines....lines two and four , you're in the Army. I didn't like those odds , so I enlisted in the Army.

So what about Kim ? More sanctions and pressure from the U.S. and China ? Pressuring a third generation psychopath is somehow going to bring us peace ? Waiting for a pre-emptive strike from Kim will save face for the U.S., but will allow NoKo to kill how many S.Koreans and Japanese ? I guess we need a song and dance performance to lead us out of this mess.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What's the difference between a big strong man and a man with common sense and intellect?

A lot.
edit on 6-8-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

North Korea. Bad, insane, dynastic dictatorship. No doubt.
With ICBMs. And nuclear devices. How accurate are the missiles? Who cares? Only fission weapons? Who cares? They gotta be stopped!

Somebodys gots to do something and soon. So, short of nuking the country we launch cruise missiles and stuff (sure taught Assad a thing or three!). Thing is, they have a lot of army and our friend, South Korea, is in for some bad #. So it's boots on the ground to push 'em back (way back). Again.

Is a volunteer army enough? All you big strong men registered? I understand you need to be.

I lucked out way back when. My lottery number was 364. What's yours?

My number came up. I received my draft notice via a Fleet Post Office and had the happy experience of telling them that the army would have to do without me. When the 5 million people who claimed they were at Woodstock were imagining their crappy musical protest experience, I was behind several layers of barbed wire doing the stuff you do behind several layers of barbed wire. I am eligible to be recalled for life, so I am registered.

As to NK, when China feels threatened enough by Lil' Kim they will likely arrange for his removal. I had predicted that by the end of 2017 he would be brought to rein or be taking a dirt nap. Time will tell. My bet is that whatever deal is made, it includes the continued existence of a NK buffer state of some sort for China. Any new leader will immediately be recognized as such by the rest of the world and will cease his nuclear program. Lil' Kim has graciously eliminated members of his own family so no claims to the throne will come from there. Any remaining relatives will disappear and a new cult will form, providing continuing employment for portrait painters and monument makers. There is no need for the US to do anything but remain the focus of Lil' Kim's propaganda machine and be the cause of personal sacrifice of his minions who are starving because the NK army defending them from invasion must be fed.

edit on 8/6/2017 by pteridine because: clarification

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PhageYes Phage, my father, a man of 30 years service to the National guard, took me down to register on my 18th birthday and I followed suit with my son on his 18th. I am no longer at risk but son at 27 years old maybe.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Suicide is painless. It says so here.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Canada plan? Did somebody say "Canada Plan"? I've always favored the Canada Plan myself, but this day and age, a young man can go in and tell them that three years ago, he was a woman. lol.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I don't think there will be a draft but my son turns 18 in September.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Cheater!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join