It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temp Readings Plunge After Australia’s Bureau Of Meteorology Orders End To ‘tampering’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: rickymouse
With everyone exploiting the test results to show what they want, we can't even know for sure what is really happening. It is profitable to distort interpretations of evidence and design tests to show what is wanted these days. I think that science has become corrupted in some fields, it always was but now the people misinterpretting it on purpose has increased a real lot

And I think this is the standard procedure not with just global warming or climate change but vitamins, political poles, foods we eat and the list goes on and on.

The thing is they are cherry picking scientific research to show the vitamins are beneficial. If you have a deficiency or metabolic deficiency then you need vitamins or mineral supplements. They use scientific approaches to do political poles, yet they cherry pick how they collect this information and use tactics to make the people in the poles respond to the question the way they want them to respond. I have taken some of those and see how they steer the person taking the pole. As for foods, that is all messed up. We all need to eat differently and there seems to be a shortage of vitamins and minerals in food and improper chemistry too. Our bodies need some chemicals in foods and by altering the plant or animals diet they can make the food grow faster but have less good taste. Why does it taste good, because we evolved with the food naturally. I do not believe in most organic foods because some of the natural chemicals used as pesticides and growth enhancers are not good in certified organic either. You cannot mix chemistry and have our body recognize it all the time. The plant defense chemistry off a banana sprayed onto lettuce might be a problem.

The deception is everywhere in our society. I cannot tell what is good or bad most times without a lot of research and some specifics in place. I like to know who grew my food but that is not always possible.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

My mistake. I read it but misunderstood what levels were being altered. Need more coffee!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Temps are coming down in the land of OZ. The problem has been corrected.

Recorded temperatures at the Bureau­ of Meteorology’s Thredbo Top automatic weather station have dropped below -10C in the past week, after action was taken to make the facility “fit for ­purpose”.

A record of the Thredbo Top station for 3am on Wednesday shows a temperature reading of -10.6C. This compares with the BoM’s monthly highlights for June and July, both showing a low of -9.6C.
www.climatedepot.com...

Couple of different reasons for the temp variations, wonder if we have the truth now?

BoM initially claimed the adjustments were part of its quality control procedures. But bureau chief executive Andrew Johnson later told Environment Minister Josh­ Frydenberg that investigations had found a number of cold-weather stations were not “fit for purpose” and would be replaced.

Looks like electronic smart cards were not allowing the temps that were too low to be recorded.

It has been reported online that electronic smart cards were allegedly fitted to the BoM’s automatic weather stations, which put a limit on how low temperatures could be recorded in official weather data. The BoM declined to comment ahead of the internal review.

So instead of bumping up the daily high temp they bumped up the nightly low temp to raise the average daily temp.

Who designed these electronic smart cards and programs they used and was this to cause them to record this information wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

It sounds like a purposeful limit was placed on the cards. This was no accident.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Last time this matter was raised on this forum I replied saying that it possible it was not a conspiracy but a problem with calibration of the meting equipment. seems that was the case.

I suggest those stations found to be not be fit for purpose may consist of outdated machinery and or outdated software that is no longer maintained i,e, Win XP.

I also suggest this matter has come up because there was a rash of media articles saying, correctly so, that speed cameras were also giving false reasons because the Win XP is used to maintain the cameras but XP is no longer updated.

A flow on effect i reckon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join