It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONSERVATIVES - When A LIBERAL Insults You...Say Thank-you!.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: buster2010

Controlled Opposition.

-Thank You.

Oh you cheeky monkey lol. As far as Russia and we'll your obvious hatred I'll say I don't blame you. Putin is a smart man with his KGB background he's used to manipulating the people. He wins elections by deceit mostly jailing any one who tries to run against him. In certain cases having them killed right outside the Kremlin.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
America was founded by liberals. Sure, times have changed since then and now they're considered classical liberals, but they're still considered liberals. If they'd been conservative they'd have stayed loyal to the Crown, but they wanted freedom.

See what progressives have done in America? They gone so far off the res, lost their minds so much, become so extremist, and are so crazy they make the country's founding fathers look like Conservatives. This is how off the rails liberalism has gotten of late.

edit on 6-8-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What have the Liberals Romans ever done for us?

To be fair: There was an insidious progressive idea which seeped into the Roman system, apotheosis. deification of Emperor. This was not conservative traditional Roman, but rather innovation through exposure to foreign influence, Egyptian, and Judean.

The Judeans had Messiah king (nearly divine) mentality. The Romans recognized the hazards and did not grant Ethnarch (King of Judeans) status to any person after the death of Herod the Great.

But then the Romans took the foreign idea. Probably not a good precedent, taking foreign ideas and applying them to current times.

But, now, thanks to Breitbart, we have grandiose ideas of the President (divine selection) mediated through Roman Catholic and Zionist mouthpieces. The old traditional conservative constitutional norm was Presidents were less than kings, but kind of like kings when dealing with traditionally monarchical countries.
edit on 6-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, how dare we want equality for women, LGBTs, and minorities. The Founding Fathers had flaws too, one of which was the unrepentant bigotry and misogyny that many of them had. The treatment of my Muscogee/"Creek Indian" maternal line and my various African lineages are proof of that.

They also had a bad habit of keeping power in the hands of the wealthy & powerful. During their time, most of them were pro-slavery (which is both pro-oppression and pro-exploitation of workers). And they didn't even allow most white males to vote, much less the vast majority of other peoples. So it's funny to me that many of you who praise them so much would've been just as politically & economically powerless as the rest of us if you lived in their time period. Or should we ignore the fact that the population didn't even get a vote at all under the Articles of Confederation?

So on those issues, you're absolutely correct. Modern liberals and progressives make most of the "founders" look like conservatives today, not that that's something to brag about. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that they were absolutely progressive on most issues during their time period. But things like "progressive" and "conservative" are relative terms.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

America was founded by liberals.

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

Erm nooo.

Your founding fathers where radical progressives for their time.

Times have changed, the Founding Fathers would be considered Alt-Right conservatives by today's standards. They were pro-Gun, pro-State's Rights, pro-1st Amendment (not just for freedom of speech, but also religious expression), wanted limited government, low taxes etc. There are very few issues the Founding Fathers would agree with current-day Liberals on, which is why so many Liberals trash the Founding Fathers on the regular.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

the Founding Fathers would be considered Alt-Right

The Founding Fathers went to great lengths to not set up a monarchical or dictatorial (like Cromwell) nation.

The alt-right has been pushing the notion that the President is some kind of uniquely indispensable individual. That's the basis of Dictatorship.

So who is trashing the Founding Fathers?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I've not seen the Alt-Right pushing to set up a Dictatorship, so I have no comment on your accusation.

As for the Founding Fathers, you can't possibly assert that what they stood for is congruent with current-day Liberals? In some ways that's not a bad thing, in many ways it's a very bad thing, and dangerous.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I've not seen the Alt-Right pushing to set up a Dictatorship

Sure, you may not find it blatantly stated, "We stand for dictatorship", that would be counterproductive. People would tune them out.

But making statements like: "Only Trump can ..." is the same argument that Oliver Cromwell used. That's the same language that Hugo Chavez used for why term limits should be extended. "I am the only one who can continue the Bolivarian Revolution".

Do a Google search [ trump is the only one who can ]. I got two whole pages of links.

As for the Founding Fathers, you can't possibly assert that what they stood for is congruent with current-day Liberals?

I don't know what all is said by Liberals any more than I know what all is said by the alt-right. So I don't know.

Besides, the alt-right doesn't speak straight. When someone shows their statements are not truthful, they laugh like it's a joke, "I was just being ironic", or "just kidding". Why think what they say is what they believe when what they say is just as likely to be the opposite of what they believe.

Trump surrogates have picked up that same technique, when proved wrong just issue a statement, "He was joking."

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Eh nm
edit on 6-8-2017 by mericks74 because: Not my responsibility. .

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Conservatives:

When a liberal insults you, realize you're not doing a good enough job of insulating yourself from opposing opinions.

Conservative echo chambers exist for a reason. ATS appears to be about 75% conservative (which is what I'd expect from paranoid conspiracy theorists), but even this is not a SAFE place.

Ever wonder why Fox News does so well in the ratings while MSNBC has been a perennial ratings disaster? Ever wonder why conservative media outlets do so well?

Conservatives LOVE the echo chamber.

So yeah, if a liberal insults you, buy better blinders. You're probably ALMOST there anyway.
edit on 6-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
Conservatives:
When a liberal insults you, realize you're not doing a good enough job of insulating yourself from opposing opinions.
Conservative echo chambers exist for a reason. ATS appears to be about 75% conservative (which is what I'd expect from paranoid conspiracy theorists), but even this is not a SAFE place.
Ever wonder why Fox News does so well in the ratings while MSNBC has been a perennial ratings disaster? Ever wonder why conservative media outlets do so well?
Conservatives LOVE the echo chamber.
So yeah, if a liberal insults you, buy better blinders. You're probably ALMOST there anyway.

Almost nothing you said has truth to it. ATS is 75% conservative, where did you get that number from, pulled it out of your ass? I think you just overlook all the Trump hate, and the Trump hating posts with tons of stars. MSNBC is right there with Fox News, disturbing, but true. "Conservatives love the echo chamber", yet it is Liberals who are trying to institute "safe spaces", and "free speech zones", and rioting and protesting speakers they don't agree with, so that they don't have to hear opposing opinions. No offense, but you don't seem to have a solid grasp of what is really happening.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
August 5, 2017

I'm always amazed how Conservative ATS members become agitated, and strike back, when a Liberal ATS member insults him/her. When one of our extreme left-wingers insults me, or worse... I reply with "Thank-you for saying that, ____________!". WHY?

Here's an excerpt from a superb opinion-piece/commentary by John Hawkins. He explains the rationale much better than I can..

If you look at the groups liberals hate the most, you’ll usually find that these groups have their sh*t together.

What groups of people do liberals believe it’s okay to discriminate against based on their skin color? Whites and Asians. Which two racial groups are doing best in America? Whites and Asians.

Who are the most competent people in America? The ones you’d want on your side if things got bad, because they know how to make things happen?.. Business owners, cops, and soldiers. Because they live in the real world where they must make tough choices, they are detested by liberals who hurl hate from the sidelines, while avoiding the tough, dangerous, dirty work those groups have to do.

Christians? The fact that they try (and sometimes fail) to make their lives better by adhering to a strict moral code, makes them hated by liberals who have no code at all.

Meanwhile, how do liberals “help” minority Americans? How’s Compton looking these days? How about Chicago? Flint, Michigan? Liberal “help” means living in poverty, in terrible neighborhoods, but always having someone else to blame for your failed life.

Lefties love to tell you that they’re looking out for the most disadvantaged people in society, but they never admit that their “help” may be the biggest disadvantage those people have.

Liberal complaints have become a badge of honor! In fact, if there aren’t liberals lobbing hate at you, you’re probably doing something wrong.

***Full Article at: townhall.com...

America was formed by Conservatives, and became GREAT, thanks to Conservatives. The more passionately a Liberal declares that you're on the wrong track with any given issue, the more re-assured you should feel that you are spot-on correct.

Always remember that America's history of greatness is on YOUR side. And your "can do!" spirit is what made America Great!

-CareWeMust

Well unfortunately for your cute hypothesis that "conservatives formed America," most of the "Founding Fathers" would have been considered pretty liberal relatively for their day.

In fact, the Royalists were the conservatives of their day, let alone to discuss either ideals of freedom, democracy being classically liberal.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Almost nothing you said has truth to it. ATS is 75% conservative, where did you get that number from, pulled it out of your ass?

Yep, right out of my ass. I had to dig around in there for a while because a bunch of your opinions were roaming around up there, along with your entire posting history. But I eventually found it, right there next to the ATS TRUMP APPROVAL poll.

I think you just overlook all the Trump hate,

Nope. There's plenty of Trump hate to go around, and with good reason, in my OPINION. Which I also pulled out of my ass. Next time I'll pull it out of yours.

and the Trump hating posts with tons of stars. MSNBC is right there with Fox News, disturbing, but true. "Conservatives love the echo chamber", yet it is Liberals who are trying to institute "safe spaces", and "free speech zones", and rioting and protesting speakers they don't agree with, so that they don't have to hear opposing opinions.

And yet conservative echo chambers have been a cash cow for media for YEARS. When the liberal echo chambers start to see a rise in ratings, beware: it means mainstream America is turning on you.

No offense, but you don't seem to have a solid grasp of what is really happening.

No offense, but you're full of crap.
edit on 6-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

You didn't refute anything that I posted, you just came up with a bunch of insults about your and my asses. Is it Liberals or Conservative who are instituting "safe spaces" to shield themselves from opposing views? Is it Liberals or Conservatives rioting and protesting speakers they don't want to hear from? If you said both sides love their echo chamber, I could deal with that, it would at least be much more accurate then simply smearing Conservatives, while neglecting that Liberals do the exact same thing to an even greater degree.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
a reply to: Dudemo5

You didn't refute anything that I posted, you just came up with a bunch of insults about your and my asses.

Why are you so infatuated with my ass?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

America was founded by liberals. Sure, times have changed since then and now they're considered classical liberals, but they're still considered liberals. If they'd been conservative they'd have stayed loyal to the Crown, but they wanted freedom.

Their actions are not liberal, just because they assumed the name doesn't mean anything compared to our founding fathers.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: carewemust
America was formed by Conservatives...

America was formed by Masons.

You're living on our giant farm while we prepare for the harvest.

I sometimes question whether or not you're joking....

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
I sometimes question whether or not you're joking....

Then my work is done.

edit on 6-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Perhaps I should thank the contards everytime they call me a libtard.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're right. America was founded by Masons but that's for another topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join