It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONSERVATIVES - When A LIBERAL Insults You...Say Thank-you!.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mericks74

Well or someone could hire me to take that approach..

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

How DARE you force pigeons to play chess. This is abuse, cruelty, and exploitation! You're the reason things are so wrong in the world and Trump is in office.

I'm literally so angry with rage!

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

America was formed by Conservatives,

Your founding fathers where radical progressives for their time.

They endorsed saying the Pledge of Allegiance in classrooms back then. My how far they've fallen. Thanks for the history lesson, InsaneIthorian.

The founding fathers didn't write the pledge of Allegiance...It wasn't written until 1892, long after the founders of the nation were dead.

www.ushistory.org...

It's hard to have any credibility with BS. There's this thing called google....
edit on 5-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
There's no "conservatives" on ats anyway..

Just people on both sides posting pablum..

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

America was formed by Conservatives

Wha?? The American Constitution was one of the most liberal documents of its time. The conservative path would've been to maintain the tradition of serving the British royals, to have kept their political ideas, etc. But things like "freedom of religion" were as progressive as can be, considering most of the other powerful countries still had religious monarchies, official religions, and State sponsored churches (like the Church of England).

Actually, I'm not in the mood for this.

ETA: Or maybe I am? Either way, even the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Amendments were absolutely revolutionary at the time ("peasants" could now deny or reject the whims of the military and police?!?!?!). And the whole idea of "no taxation without representation" was like a slap in the face to the countries that believed their leadership have a divine right to rule & dictate to the public. The Constitution even has a clause against religious tests in order to get govt positions (Article 6, Section 3), which was also a direct slap in the face to the govts that still had religious requirements. Even to this day, the US Constitution is a pretty progressive document, especially with Amendments like the 14th.

ETA2: And how could I forget the 8th Amendment? It was a huge boost for human rights back then. Or have we already forgotten the various torture devices/chambers they used to use back then? Ok, I'm done for real this time... lol.
Ok, now I'm no longer in the mood for this. I may come back later but even having to explain this much is giving me a headache.
edit on 6-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Nm
edit on 6-8-2017 by mericks74 because: Poster s..

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Wow man. Thank you so much for posting this.

Edit: I just want to add in case you don't recognize my name since I post infrequently, I mean this Thank You sincerely, it is not sarcasm.
edit on 8/6/17 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

It's always fun to listen to a conservative stuck in their own echo chamber and confirmation bias explain what a Liberal is and what Liberals are all about.

Like child trying to explain the complexities of psychology or theology they can only point to the most stereotypical and obvious examples which are closer to being a cartoon interpretation than a real and honest perspective.

It's really just a very insecure and shallow attempt at convincing themselves that they have somehow figured out what others aren't able too. Regardless of the fact that their wisdom and insight is about as deep and profound as a dick joke.

But of course it gives them comfort to believe what they're saying and reassuring that they're "all good and fine" and there is no need to look at their own faults. That those problems they see must of course by someone else at the root of them. That it must be those liberals inferior nature that is to blame for all the worlds problems because it's my chosen side which is obviously the hero of this story.

Sometimes I wonder how so many of them can both see themselves as the Best the world has to offer and the source of all that is great in the world while at the same time being the most persecuted and exploited people who suffer all the work while others get to play because of their lone self righteous labor. It must be quite a challenge to have an ego in such conflict with itself.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

America was formed by Conservatives,

Your founding fathers where radical progressives for their time.

They endorsed saying the Pledge of Allegiance in classrooms back then. My how far they've fallen. Thanks for the history lesson, InsaneIthorian.

Erm no......because it never existed back then!

It was not composed until 1887 and adopted until 1942.

Ffs read yourbown history.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Like child trying to explain the complexities of psychology or theology they can only point to the most stereotypical and obvious examples which are closer to being a cartoon interpretation than a real and honest perspective.

I knew this guy once who had never seen an anvil, he had no idea what it was.

He would say, "you know. One of those things that falls on people's heads."
Based on cartoons.
edit on 6-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Getting insulted by someone who holds a different political ideology is like farting in a bathtub.

It's amusing and annoying at the same time.

Currently, I'm having "dialogue" with individuals who feel that their leftist ideological stance provides more freedoms than my ideological stance would.

It's great fodder for discussion.

But my question, just a general one, would be. . . .

Who wouldn't want the optimum freedoms for every citizen of any nation?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Terms like liberal and conservative are about as meaningless today as left versus right.

Ask yourself individually by your own definitions ... is anyone you know 100% liberal or conservative?

No?

Such terms, at this point, are only used to "divide and conquer" (and argue about politics, LOL).

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Terms like liberal and conservative are about as meaningless today as left versus right.

Ask yourself individually by your own definitions ... is anyone you know 100% liberal or conservative?

No?

Such terms, at this point, are only used to "divide and conquer" (and argue about politics, LOL).

Is your post an admission that partisan politics are as useless as praying to the pasta lord?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I wonder what he thought they were when he saw them in cartoons??

Did he think they were just some strange oddly shaped rock falling from the sky or something???

Did he ever wonder why it was always the same shaped object all the time or what other purpose it might serve???

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

LOL. Yes, in its essence, partisan politics is a fool's game.

However, it is a game one must play in order to keep some semblance of factual discourse alive.

My goals are to make people think and encourage them to verify information on their own.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

LOL. Yes, in its essence, partisan politics is a fool's game.

However, it is a game one must play in order to keep some semblance of factual discourse alive.

My goals are to make people think and encourage them to verify information on their own.

Thanks to the all knowing pasta lord... why the hell cant we come together and destroy everyhing repulican and democrat?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Agreed, but I'd go even further.

Why can't we come together and realize that there are a relatively minuscule group of psychopaths that crave power over all of us, who mostly want to live, work and play ... and rid ourselves of them and their spiteful, toxic BS?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Agreed, but I'd go even further.

Why can't we come together and realize that there are a relatively minuscule group of psychopaths that crave power over all of us, who mostly want to live, work and play ... and rid ourselves of them and their spiteful, toxic BS?

Ive bickered with you for forever.... but for once... a united point we've agreed upon.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Indeed.

Progress!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Indeed.

Progress!

McCain and Feinstein... see these posts? Recognize and perish you blood sucking vampires..

For too long have these human trash dictated our moves... unite!!! Live and let live.
If your barn catches fire, I will help gather water and put out the fire. If I'm weary, help me harvest the crop.

Screw partisan nonsense.
edit on 8/6/2017 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2017 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join