It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONSERVATIVES - When A LIBERAL Insults You...Say Thank-you!.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
August 5, 2017

I'm always amazed how Conservative ATS members become agitated, and strike back, when a Liberal ATS member insults him/her. When one of our extreme left-wingers insults me, or worse... I reply with "Thank-you for saying that, ____________!". WHY?

Here's an excerpt from a superb opinion-piece/commentary by John Hawkins. He explains the rationale much better than I can..

If you look at the groups liberals hate the most, you’ll usually find that these groups have their sh*t together.

What groups of people do liberals believe it’s okay to discriminate against based on their skin color? Whites and Asians. Which two racial groups are doing best in America? Whites and Asians.

Who are the most competent people in America? The ones you’d want on your side if things got bad, because they know how to make things happen?.. Business owners, cops, and soldiers. Because they live in the real world where they must make tough choices, they are detested by liberals who hurl hate from the sidelines, while avoiding the tough, dangerous, dirty work those groups have to do.

Christians? The fact that they try (and sometimes fail) to make their lives better by adhering to a strict moral code, makes them hated by liberals who have no code at all.

Meanwhile, how do liberals “help” minority Americans? How’s Compton looking these days? How about Chicago? Flint, Michigan? Liberal “help” means living in poverty, in terrible neighborhoods, but always having someone else to blame for your failed life.

Lefties love to tell you that they’re looking out for the most disadvantaged people in society, but they never admit that their “help” may be the biggest disadvantage those people have.

Liberal complaints have become a badge of honor! In fact, if there aren’t liberals lobbing hate at you, you’re probably doing something wrong.

***Full Article at: townhall.com...

America was formed by Conservatives, and became GREAT, thanks to Conservatives. The more passionately a Liberal declares that you're on the wrong track with any given issue, the more re-assured you should feel that you are spot-on correct.

Always remember that America's history of greatness is on YOUR side. And your "can do!" spirit is what made America Great!

-CareWeMust

edit on 8/5/2017 by carewemust because: wording adjustment

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thank you.

And you're welcome.
edit on 5-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's like with dogs and babies. They want attention with their whining and whimpering. Ignore the pup-babies. Ignore the whiners.

If you respond to the whining, you only encourage it.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

America was formed by Conservatives, and became GREAT, thanks to Conservatives. The more passionately a Liberal declares that you're on the wrong track with any given issue, the more re-assured you should feel that you are spot-on correct.

You've clearly dug your trench and are unwilling to leave it. Identity politics at its worst.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I always thank Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Elijah Cummings, and especially Hank Johnson when they insult Conservatives.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Here's an excerpt from a superb opinion-piece/commentary by John Hawkins. He explains the rationale much better than I can..

Or rather, since you can't form your own opinion you rely to the opinions of those you may admire in order to shape your own opinions and beliefs?

Figures.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
America was founded by liberals. Sure, times have changed since then and now they're considered classical liberals, but they're still considered liberals. If they'd been conservative they'd have stayed loyal to the Crown, but they wanted freedom.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I rarely reply at all. They want me to 'make up with them' so I can be their friend. I have enough friends.

The friends I have all stand on their own two feet. Why would I water down the quality of my friends by taking on what I consider to be dead weight?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

America was formed by Conservatives,

Erm nooo.

Your founding fathers where radical progressives for their time.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Here's my general rule of thumb for discussing politics with [unreasonable] liberals----noting many are reasonable(my parents are both democracts):

I ALWAYS CHANGE THE SUBJECT

Because:

-Chris

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Sometimes you can (temporarily) silence hate, with a kind word.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

Erm nooo.

The Founders believed in divine providence, low taxes, no taxation without representation, government serving the people, right to bear arms, freedom of religion/speech/press, shall I go on?

Yes, those were radical ideas for the time. But that's not what progressives are today.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You've clearly dug your trench and are unwilling to leave it. Identity politics at its worst.

Yes indeed. Thanks 3NL1GHT3N3D1. Have a great life!

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If they were true conservatives, they would have been Torries. They would have been loyal to the English Crown.
That line alone, that the framers of our nation we conservative is a bunch of malarkey.
You've got the right to believe that if you wish, but the only reason you do, are you listening to me, is because they were liberal enough to fight a war on their own soil and establish in the Constitution so that you might.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I always thank Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Elijah Cummings, and especially Hank Johnson when they insult Conservatives.

I feel especially warm and secure when the Senate minority party leader Chuck Schumer bashes Republicans.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Nahh. Say, "I want you. Madly. Please. I need you! I have issues! Really bad ones! I like you! Hey...hey...guy...hey...hey...don't go!!" It helps if you have a bad pitch-shifting nervous tremor, a sniffing issue, and a wild look in your face. Just start talking about all your problems. Medical and otherwise. Aggressively. Of course, its all b.s. Kind of vary the approach though...you want to keep em there for at least a couple days. And then after a long scary chase scene through the woods just ditch em there and laugh.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You have shown yourself to be a WISE ATS member, Snarl. Congratulations!

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

They endorsed saying the Pledge of Allegiance in classrooms back then. My how far they've fallen. Thanks for the history lesson, InsaneIthorian.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Ignoring the "pigeons" is a good response, Christosterone.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Or you could take my approach...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join