It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dungeons and Dragons Story - Failure Is Always An Option

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well last night we got together again. Dropped off our dead and crippled characters.

My fighter dwarf who told the story in the OP quit the party (muttering something about "bunch of lunatics") before stomping off.

Fortunately, the party leader wandered into the local tavern and found three more victim....er.....volunteers, a human monk (my son), a half elf sorcerer (me) and a big human barbarian (NPC by the DM), and off we go again.

We go back down in that place and a rat jumped out of the barrel. Just a rat, right?

Riiiiight......

The barbarian swung his stick at it....fumbled and the stick broke.

Not wanting to waste any of my spells, I went after it with my dagger......and fumbled...stabbing myself in the gut!

Oh no....this was not starting out good!

After getting me patched up, we continued on. We came upon a rope bridge spanning a vast pit. Our paladin tied a rope around our elf ranger and the other end to a post. 50 feet of rope. The ranger started across the bridge, but he was 10 pounds too heavy and it collapsed and the ranger began to fall.

Our party was not paying attention, so I yelled "GRAB THE ROPE! GRAB THE ROPE!"...which they did and stopped his fall.

The Paladin was like "What? No big deal, the rope would have caught him."

Uh, no, turns out the pit was only 30 feet deep and filled with spikes at the bottom. So no, 50 feet of rope ain't gonna stop you.

Then guess what showed up?

Oh yes....another one of those Corrupter of Fates. "If it weren't for bad luck......."

We took it out a bit faster this time, though I had to keep yelling for everyone to get back, as my spells are Ray spells, but the good news is: didn't have to roll to use them, so each one hits, and it couldn't make it's saving throws.

We didn't loose anyone this time, though my son's Spiked Chain weapon was fumbled and embedded itself in my leg (OW! It's in the BONE! It's in the BONE!).

It was late when we killed it and stopped the game for the night.......we've not even reached the dragon yet, hehehehe.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well done mate!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
You have the worst luck lol.

"It's in the bone!" That's what a guy screamed when I threw a dart at him and it stuck in his leg. Ah, memories.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join