It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal employees step up defiance of Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: xuenchen

What could they possibly be so nervous about ?

Regressive policy. Crap leadership coming from the White House.

That didn't seem to bother them under Obama.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Just fire them all and start over.

It sure as F# can't be any worse than the lifers in these positions.

While were at it fire both houses and start over.....with TERM LIMITS!!

Sure, lets fire all the people who know how to do the jobs. Bring in a bunch of untrained, unskilled people. I bet that will make government offices run super efficiently.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Swamp creatures desperately clinging to the toilet bowl as they are being flushed. If they can steal your money to make their life easier, you can be damn sure they will. When that good life is being threatened, they lash out with everything they have. Anyone who thought the Establishment wouldn't fight back was fooling themselves.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

If Trump fails to keep his promise and "drain the swamp", I fear for the future of our Republic.

It won't be pretty.

There is no swamp to drain. You just don't understand how our government is set up. Day to day government functions are abstracted behind several layers of employees. Your job as a voter is basically to pick who the hiring committee is.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

My postman used to care about his job and I considered him a friend.

The got rid of most of the Federal Civil Servants in the USPS and replaced them with fat lazy contractors.

My mailman just retired and I got a clone of yours. LOL

People are people, do you think the quality is higher because of a civil service test?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The got rid of most of the Federal Civil Servants in the USPS and replaced them with fat lazy contractors.

People are people, do you think the quality is higher because of a civil service test?

No. I think the contractors realize they're only going to deliver mail for so long ... so there's no incentive for them to excel at their jobs.

Civil service guys got bonuses and were working towards a pension. Too bad their pension plan was unsustainable.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like some people "working" for the government are getting a little twitchy about Trump.

Many are worried they are part of the "Swamp" !!

What could they possibly be so nervous about ?

They're nervous that their leader is incompetent, and rightfully so. His inability to lead is creating serious fractures across the government and it's only going to get worse.

It can't happen fast enough....

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Civil service guys got bonuses and were working towards a pension. Too bad their pension plan was unsustainable.

All pensions are unsustainable. A job either pays enough to let you save for retirement, or it doesn't.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

No such thing anymore. Govt. Workers apply and are interviewed like everyone else.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

if I were Trump, everyone who had a federal position on Nov 8th 2016 would not be employed Nov 9th

That's illegal, not to mention dictatorial, but I guess that's OK with you?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
How many more years until the sheep finally realize the system is broken. It doesn't matter who you elect. All our elected officials are only out for themselves. They run for office to become millionaires.

Only way we can fix the system is to let it collapse. Way too much fraud going on to where we can hold government officials feet to the fire. The corporations can buy them off or find dirt on enough of them to where it won't make a difference,if 5-20 honest people get elected.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I still receive emails from the Federal workers union from when I was a member, they are in full panic mode. What they and the staffers do not seem to realize is if they continue to "revolt" they are going to bring the very apocalypse they hope to avoid down on their heads.

There are so many paths you can use to highlight problems legally that leave you untouched this wailing and temper tantrum act will only hurt you in the long run.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

The system is not broken it is compromised, the system was built under the assumption that the people would stay engaged and active in the political scene, the people did not.

That allowed the wolves to become the shepherds, it is still salvageable, a total collapse would be horrific and something we should all work hard to avoid.

If the people get active it can still be turned around, but so many people believe "their side" is the only way and that they have to vote "against" the other guy, it will certainly be a hard road.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I would agree it would appear petty and stupid .. except for the fact we can see the petty and stupid comes from those who were allowed to stay and decided to cause chaos.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Mutiny can also be the result of a bad or weak captain who's let down his crew one too many times.

Something to consider.

If the mutiny had not started before he even took office you would have a point. Since it started before he even started leading you don't.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

i think it's more of a "i'm smarter than my boss, he keeps telling me to do things that make no sense" scenario. you know, like when your boss says do XYZ and you say to yourself "WOW this person has no perspective at all....disregard".

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ilikenotebooks

And then you get fired and wonder why.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

yes. but i don't. because everyone already knows my boss is dumb. and forgets what she told me to do 10 minutes ago. hahahaha.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ilikenotebooks
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

yes. but i don't. because everyone already knows my boss is dumb. and forgets what she told me to do 10 minutes ago. hahahaha.

Well federal employees are being fired or reassigned, and then complain about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Yes, hence why I said the entirety of the federal government needs to be rehired from a local level up.

I ALSO said that both parties need to have their representatives replaced.

You can read yes?

You see the difference?

edit on 8 6 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join