It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal employees step up defiance of Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Looks like some people "working" for the government are getting a little twitchy about Trump.

Many are worried they are part of the "Swamp" !!

What could they possibly be so nervous about ?

Federal employees step up defiance of Trump

Government employees are growing increasingly willing to criticize or defy the White House and President Trump’s top appointees.

A handful of current and former career staffers in the Interior Department and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have openly shredded their superiors within the last several weeks, continuing a trend that has developed throughout the government over the course of Trump’s tenure in the Oval Office.

The growing opposition in the executive branch comes as the White House’s legislative agenda has stalled in Congress and Trump turns to his Cabinet agencies to change course in several policy areas. It also is emanating from career staffers or political holdovers whose resistance to Trump has, at times, been rooted in deep opposition to the president’s agenda.

“You have Donald Trump, who ran and said he would drain the swamp, meaning them.”

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Are people still talking about Trump?

So 2016.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just fire them all and start over.

It sure as F# can't be any worse than the lifers in these positions.

While were at it fire both houses and start over.....with TERM LIMITS!!

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Are people still talking about Trump?

So 2016.

And if we talk about her and the last guy, you guys start crying "that's all you guys talk about", so make up your minds.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

It's sad that the idea of term limits rests on the shoulders of the people threatened with term limits.

It'd be amazing.

But that swamp will never do that to themselves.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
"We" just want people to stop making 9 threads in a day about all of them. a reply to: thesaneone

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The Mooch had it right - if I were Trump, everyone who had a federal position on Nov 8th 2016 would not be employed Nov 9th. That would give CNN & the retards about 6 months worth of hysterical batsh!t crazy to propagandize.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Wonder what happens in the private sector when somebody defies the boss?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Regressive policy. Crap leadership coming from the White House.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like some people "working" for the government are getting a little twitchy about Trump.

Many are worried they are part of the "Swamp" !!

They're nervous that their leader is incompetent, and rightfully so. His inability to lead is creating serious fractures across the government and it's only going to get worse.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Sadly, for us 'serfs', I know you are right.

One can hope....Giant Meteor 2020.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The Mooch had it right - if I were Trump, everyone who had a federal position on Nov 8th 2016 would not be employed Nov 9th. That would give CNN & the retards about 6 months worth of hysterical batsh!t crazy to propagandize.

That would be a lot of people to fire, for no other reason than whom happened to be in the White House before him.

Wouldn't we want to take in to account their ability to do their job effectively, or are we going to be that petty and stupid?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Mutiny can also be the result of a bad or weak captain who's let down his crew one too many times.

Something to consider.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Fire them all. CLean house. USE this as an excuse to burn the castle.

Have the good eggs apply to be rehired.

Then congress needs term limits. Every office should have term limits except the supreme justices.

Make DC moving companies a billion dollar industry.

edit on 8 5 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If they don't like his policies, they are perfectly free to go out and get jobs in the public sector. I expect they are aware that they are swamp creatures and fear being part of the draining. Poor things don't want to give up their cushy jobs with bennies like the public sector can no longer offer. I guess it sucks to be a swamp creature, eh?

If I were Trump I think I would send my chief of staff over to these agencies to open the door for the whiners and stand while they file out and make their way into the real world.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

The last desperate move of a failing power structure as it grasps one last time to maintain it's corrupt rule.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I would say his campaign promise was to purge our capitol of corruption. The entirety of DC should be uprooted and replaced from the pool of talent that we have in the US numbering in the MILLIONS.

We dont need these people.

If they arent going to do their job then they need to leave. We need energetic people who will work as hard as we deserve.

The EPA was the one that couldnt keep their employees from taking dumps in their halls right? That was full some of the worst scum of federal employees that milk a joke job for eternity. Total waste of money and ball of undisciplined, selfish chaos.

edit on 8 5 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: stosh64

It's sad that the idea of term limits rests on the shoulders of the people threatened with term limits.

It'd be amazing.

But that swamp will never do that to themselves.

Heck if they passed it I'd vote them back in

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: tadaman

The last desperate move of a failing power structure as it grasps one last time to maintain it's corrupt rule.

Indeed. That is why many people openly ask for the media to be "held accountable" for their reporting on Trump and his actions.

They want to consolidate power. They want to repress dissent.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Not a bad idea. Maybe we should try that instead of putting Trumps family and loyalists in there along with Goldman Sachs and the Billionaire class who have no interest or understanding of the other 99.9% of this country.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join