It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump fans. A new terrorist threat.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

To be fair though. It's not like the OP came up with this idea all by himself. It's being put out there now and for a while now by radicals on both sides.

Some do it as a warning prediction and others as some kind of threat. So it's not unreasonable to assume that others are going to hear it and start wondering if it's a valid assumption or not. I mean that is part of the reason these people are saying it to begin with. It causes division in some and submission in others upon hearing such things.

Both of which are useful in pushing some agenda.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

But who is that exactly??? The "Establishment". or The "Deep State".

Those aren't clear targets. Those are just easy labels thrown around and stuck to all kinds of things arbitrarily. It's about as good as saying we have a War on Terrorism. Well who is that??? That's not a clear target or enemy at all. Your attacking a concept which can be changed and applied to all kinds of things none of which may be correct at all.

You can't win a war against concepts because you don't know who the enemy even is or if in fact they actually exist at all. You're just fighting an idea that you end up applying to people out of bias and misinfo. That just makes a mess and nobody wins anything from that.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: UKTruth

To be fair though. It's not like the OP came up with this idea all by himself. It's being put out there now and for a while now by radicals on both sides.

Some do it as a warning prediction and others as some kind of threat. So it's not unreasonable to assume that others are going to hear it and start wondering if it's a valid assumption or not. I mean that is part of the reason these people are saying it to begin with. It causes division in some and submission in others upon hearing such things.

Both of which are useful in pushing some agenda.

I'll actually tell you how I came about this idea if it interests you.

I used to be a Republican. Rallied for McCain. Lived in Virginia during. I hated what I saw the party becoming, and left. I moved to California. Somewhere in between the one Republican city, and Los Angeles. So I have been able to experience life from all sides. I work with people in the poorest areas of Los Angeles, and with folks from the wealthiest areas in Orange County. I talk to them, and get their perspectives. And I'm not lying when I tell you, that people do want to get out there and do something, but it's not until they see themselves be victimized, that they are motivated to do something. Here we have seen it with certain police brutality situations, and the giant brawl at the Trump rally in Huntington Beach. I also draw this idea from knowing that we do have a small part of the population that will do acts of violence, especially when given a reason, and mob mentally kicks in. If you visit Trump fan pages, and I say fan pages because this is the only explanation for the level of involvement, like 4chan and The_Donald, you will see this. A willingness to be willing to commit violence. And while we can all agree these people represent a small number of the population, if you look at mass shootings in the country, the terrorist usually fit one mold. And these are the same peole that will trigger a serious of events, that will eventually involve ordinary people.

I'm not getting these ideas from things I hear on the media, because they aren't reporting this yet. But I do like to search and see if my idea is being backed by other people, and similar observations, in order to be able to post something like this.
edit on 5-8-2017 by joshysway because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The only way it would is if the government decides to enact widespread punishment on people for having the wrong beliefs.

That truly is anti-American and it's why ANTIFA and BLM have been able to continue on as long as they have. What they are claiming to represent is a variety of political belief. People are hesitant to crack down on them too hard because that's a road no one wants to walk down here.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

People disgusted with made-up BS stories to base their BS posts on are the problem. Gotcha.

edit on 5-8-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: joshysway
I talk to them, and get their perspectives. And I'm not lying when I tell you, that people do want to get out there and do something, but it's not until they see themselves be victimized, that they are motivated to do something.

This is key right here. You said a mouth full right there as that is probably the most important part of this whole thing. The Victim mentality is a very important part of this whole process.

The narrative of some major victimization is being installed everywhere. To the point that it's even the narrative of the Ruling party which controls the whole of Gov. and even the President himself. A multi Billionaire Businessman born into wealth and privilege who now has the highest official position in this nation and yet even he claims to be a victim.

When everyone feels that they are a victim, even when living in the richest place in the world with the most comfort possible, the most waste and quick satisfaction to your wants and desires. From the most poor to the leader of the nation, then you have a highly reactive group of people just waiting for someone to show them who's to blame.

That doesn't mean there aren't real victims though. There certainly are. Victims of all kinds of things are happening for real. Then there are those who just feel persecuted because being the victim is now a position of power to be used against an oppressor that others can rally around.

That narrative is being used by many groups. Some are actually victims. Some are just the opposite.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: joshysway

Ah, California ... that's all you had to say.

Being a somewhat conservative in California is different than being one in all other areas of the country.

For one thing, California is pretty much a one party ruled state that more or less ignores anything having to with conservatives and what they might think, feel, or believe. Then you have Donald Trump who is far from conservative but comes closer than anything we've had in a long time and definitely is closer than Obama.

He's the only real representation most of them have at any level, and now they see a conspiracy to take even that slender representation taken from them.

How would you feel?

Imagine being ruled top to bottom by people who are the functional equivalent of Ted Cruz to your progressive political ideology and then getting something like a ... Joe Manchin maybe to be president. Then watch all the Ted Cruz types loaded throughout Congress the Federal bureaucracy and the press scheme to take him down over something you really don't necessarily believe is true, but they keep hammering it.

You are familiar with the Big Lie principle of propaganda, right? It wears on you.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A reply to joshysway:

Just like any other protest, they'll take to streets in all major cities and march on the Washington Mall. They'll rail against the (corrupt) establishment or the military coup that they believe has usurped the presidency.

Not if they bring their guns...
edit on 5-8-2017 by buckwhizzle because: Hi mom!

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Irishhaf

So a talking head for the right finally said something utterly stupid

Finally? Savage has been pulling gems like that out of his ass for years, but now suddenly OP wants us to take him seriously?

The lulz are strong here.

I was referring to the Fox news talking head, Savage is in the same bin as Alex jones, amusing because they are an entertainer.

Fox News and Jeanine Pirro disagree with you. Fox News’ Jeanine Pirro loudly warns there will be an ‘uprising’ if any Trump family members are indicted

edit on 5-8-2017 by Irishhaf because: ETA quote from Windword

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I find it funny that you feel the need to try and explain California to someone who is actually living in California when you don't.

What makes you think you're going to explain the place where the OP lives any better than he can himself???

Because as someone who does live here, your concept of Cali. sounds like most I've heard from those who get their knowledge from outside Cali. It's very simple, superficial, shallow and is as incorrect as it is correct.

While it may be a primary Blue State there is actually many parts of it that are quite conservative. However, because of population density it's still Blue. But Cali. isn't all just San Fran. and LA. Not everyone is a surfer dude or valley girl who's tan or part of Hollywood.

BTW, most states are a one party ruled state. The only ones which might break that rule are swing states. So pointing that out seems pointless. Cali. is no more ruled by left bias than red states are ruled by right bias. so there is no reason to act like Cali. is some example which isn't found anywhere else.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I do have to agree here.Living in Northern California is way different than the Bay Area,and I am less than 2 hours away.A lot of Democrats up here don't fit the mold of a "traditional " dem.Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I'm basing it off of comments from people who do live there. There are large parts of the state that aren't the way it's ruled, but they don't have representation because of the population centers. They are basically out-voted. So what the blue areas want is basically what happens, and they are enormously frustrated ... or they leave or make plans to.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

I'm in Central. Very conservative here. I like northern Cal the best. Or the coastal areas as long as it's not too populated. Cali. is really big and you have mountain folk, beach folk, valley folk and everything in between. Those that live shoulder to shoulder in cities where you can hear your neighbor fart in bed and those that live without a neighbor for miles.

Trying to sum up Cali as a single thing isn't possible. It's just too big with too many people living in different ways to think they'll all think or act the same way. Going from northern to southern and east to west across this state the people and opinions change radically.

But to know this you have to do it. You have to see it for yourself. Otherwise all you'll read or hear about is what's happening from the major areas.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes i know. I'm surrounded by them. I live among them.

Don't get me wrong. There is plenty of reasons to not like Cali. regardless of your politics. Conservative or Liberal, there are reasons to not want to be here.

But there are also reasons to like it here too. Especially if you can find an area where you fit in well. But when you have so many people in one state and such a huge impact and economy in just one place you're going to have issues. No way to make everyone agree or happy. Cali. could easily be it's own country based on populace, economy and resources. That's not going to be an easy thing to manage for anyone.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: RazorV66

Fox News and Jeanine Pirro disagree with you.
Fox News’ Jeanine Pirro loudly warns there will be an ‘uprising’ if any Trump family members are indicted

If Pres. Trump himself is indicted or brought up on Articles of Impeachment, will Trump Fans resort to their 2nd Amendment rights?

Against who?

Soro's Libtards, Progressives and Democrats! Oh my!

Well if anyone has it coming to them, those would be the ones.
That being said, I wouldn't go looking to start any trouble with them until it spilled into my yard.
Then I would draw the line.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Those aren't clear targets. Those are just easy labels thrown around and stuck to all kinds of things arbitrarily. It's about as good as saying we have a War on Terrorism. Well who is that??? That's not a clear target or enemy at all. Your attacking a concept which can be changed and applied to all kinds of things none of which may be correct at all.

I know you're right, but, wars and civil wars are fought over concepts all the time. Conservatives did riot in the streets over racism. They called it civil rights and integration. The Civil War was fought over economic concepts, among them: slavery and state's rights.

In the 60s and 70s liberal took to the streets to promote "peace and love" and protest the war mentality. We called it anti-Vietnam war protests. That was during the Cold War when the United States as a whole was "protesting" Communism, an economic concept.

What I'm saying is, yes, concepts are hard to fight because it's hard to pin point the enemy. But the people who represent those concepts, real or imagined, are not. And that's what we're dealing with here, clashing concepts of the visionary future of America and the World.

edit on 5-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Sure. I'm not saying that an unclear enemy means it can't happen. More that I just think it's a really really bad idea to do it when that's the case. Lot's of innocent blood is spilled and no clear enemy is defined and no clear goal can be set either.

You just have a bunch of killing based on prejudice and bias and bigotry all being justified by some foggy idealism that doesn't end with a win for any one side or another. It just burns itself out eventually when the crowds have thinned themselves out enough to become reasonable again.

It's a great snatch and grab opportunity for the power structures that are there ready to capitalize on the situation too which always works out bad for the people who've been misguided and led into fighting the actual fight as well.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard
a reply to: markosity1973

People disgusted with made-up BS stories to base their BS posts on are the problem. Gotcha.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt you know right?

Just saying.....

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Why are you Trump supporters so full of hate!

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: joshysway
So trump supporters are terrorists now?

I am pretty sure, that there are many trolls pretending to be trump supporters trying to frame trump supporters through social media such as facebook.
Clinton did it to Bernie Sanders supporters during the elections.
Clinton SuperPac Admits to Paying Internet Trolls

Point is, stop believing what the trolls are saying and make sure to fact check.
edit on th2017000000Saturdayth000000Sat, 05 Aug 2017 22:15:59 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 05 Aug 2017 22:15:59 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join