It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weeknd Praising Satan On Stage?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This thread is brought to you by the makers of:

Where the question of evil music was finally resolved.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChemicalAli

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Lets just recognize the truth.

Yes, lets.

Most celebrities like to do things that get them attention, because attention gets them money. Doing shocking things that gets their name into random youtube videos that get people to watch more of their music videos, which are monetized, puts more money in their pockets. So...you're half right. They do things to "praise" their "master," but their master is money.

Not whatever you said.

Are you guys really using "Publicity" as an excuse for it? These artist make their big money out of concerts and by selling their music. YouTube ad revenue is lunchmoney for big artists like TheWeeknd.

Money is money. I don't know too many artists that would rather make less money than more money.

Easiest way to make more money? Get more attention. So....yea, we're really using publicity as an excuse for it because it makes a hell of a lot more sense that they're trying to get paid than it does they're secretly flashing a split second "sign" and thinking that the guy they supposedly sold their soul to for success is going to call that an equal trade.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
who is the artist?

oh it's The Weekend apparently never heard of it him

oh interestingly enough he has a lot of songs with Daft Punk who I used to love..

Kinda weird Daft Punk was featured in Tron... major flat earth reference and very Biblical with the Jesus hero story and the devil and everything.

edit on 5-8-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
By this "logic" Ozzy Osbourne and Marilyn Manson must be Masters of the Universe, right?

Right?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I care about as much if it said Santa cos they're both made up characters that only a child's mind would believe in.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

welp... lot's of very powerful people seem to believe...

not sure what that means but it is apparently important

if you don't believe me just look into the creation of Isreal and what's been happening since...

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
trolling dumb conspiracy theorists?
go figure...

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky
Rock and Metal are not lame-stream pop which has an audience that absolutely dwarfs that of the former. We are strictly talking billboard topping artists whose songs play on multiple radio stations in a single market and are sprinkled in between the commercials and school events.

Neither Manson nor Osbourne have ever had the same market penetration or appeal as mainstream pop.

The easiest way to program people is to create art that appeals to as many people as possible, and then embed the messages into it.

I mean you guys can all laugh about it, but there is evil puppet masters behind today's music. The Hip-Hop industry was hijacked by commercial interests to sell reckless consumerism and criminal behavior to fill for profit prisons.

They have not bothered with rock because most of its audience is already indulges in self destructive consumerism. Your average rock enthusiast from the 70's - 90's were chain smoking rebels that like to drink beer and start trouble. The modern ones switched tobacco for Marijuana and real beer for that fruity craft stuff thats been all the rage lately.

Music was the first mass-media mind control technique used over airwaves.

The Weeknd sings mostly about drug use and abuse, conversely many of his listeners are also big fans of drug use and abuse. I will bet if you can find a study you will see his audience has a much higher drug use than say Bruno Mars. Junkies love the stuff they can relate too. Or perhaps, feeding your brain messages about the wonders of drug abuse increases the rate of people who will abuse them.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli

To those saying it's simply for shock value:

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

It's freaking everywhere and not that many people are satanic so therefore there's a different motive one can only guess.

Many famous people from the entertainment industry are on record saying they sold their souls to the devil.

I'm not religious but I'm not blind. There is a trend, the people behind this stuff seem to believe in it and want to subliminally expose you and your children to it.

The people who believe in this stuff are into some disgusting things such as spirit cooking and things I dare not say.

Let's just pretend it's not happening.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Are you really suggesting that for the majority of the rock and metal I listen to, it is only appealing because evil forces are behind it? That it has nothing to do with a good tempo and harmonics or even if the lyrics are outstanding?

If I am that susceptible to this so called evil, I shouldn't be able to appreciate the old classic church hymns.

So what happens if a religious enjoys listening to one of these 'dark' songs?
Are you saying Russians are behind trump?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Oh, "Weeknd" is a dude? I thought it was a typo..

Signed,

I. Ain't Hip.

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Shamrock6

Lets just recognize the truth. The majority of musicians who get really big and do international tours and stuff in the modern age at some point have to reference Satanic imagery in their music and concerts. If they do not praise their master, their careers will not take off the same as those who will continue to pledge their allegiance.

Gawdawmighty! It's that easy? No scale practicin and no chord learnin? Just worship the debil and I'll be an arpeggio pickin rockstar like ol Steve Vai? Holeeeeeeee freeholeeeeeee, man. I'm so on it.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

The greatest trick 'the Devil' ever pulled was getting Christians to create him and his myth.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The majority of musicians who get really big and do international tours and stuff in the modern age at some point have to reference Satanic imagery in their music and concerts. If they do not praise their master, their careers will not take off the same as those who will continue to pledge their allegiance.

they have to?

Isn't it a good promotion choice, it seems to be very popular, it created this mystery where people think are they really in the Illuminati or something there abouts.

Lets just recognize the truth.

yes,

if its popular and will get you attention it will be used to the performers advantage.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Then you agree to pledge allegiance to the Dark Forces, and your career will be guaranteed to be more than a one hit wonder for the current fiscal year.

And I thought it amounts to records/albums being sold that will dictate whether your musical career is successful,

I guess the dark forces are hard at work and makes every one buy albums when a new artist pledges allegiance to dark forces

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
I guess the dark forces are hard at work and makes every one buy albums when a new artist pledges allegiance to dark forces

Works on me.

Someone says 'Satan' and I uncontrollably hurl money at them.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I identify with Satan or Lucifer because I've been persecuted by both Christians and Muslims. Not because I believe in manipulating people or only being out for myself and attempting to find some sort of religion that fits with the way I think.

The Weeknd probably identifies with Satan because in scripture Lucifer over saw the ministry of music or something like that and if you believe what he says in his songs he likes to do a lot of drugs and he tends to lean toward the more black area of life, meaning criminal aspects. Another reason why I'm getting out of entertainment.

So it seems like he might just be being honest about not being such a great person. Unlike some criminals that go and murder people with a crucifix hanging around their neck or go and pray to get right with Allah afterwords.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Mikehawk

The greatest trick 'the Devil' ever pulled was getting Christians to create him and his myth.

Didn't we already have this discussion?

It's a bit ridiculous to continue to purvey this lie.

I could link the thread I am referencing if this becomes the topic of conversation...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Satan within the context of this thread would represent;

Greed
Envy
Hate
and you get the idea here...

You could even go as far as saying the Greed, Envy and Hate are the names of demons but that's a different topic.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Didn't we already have this discussion?

Maybe, I don't keep track of what you say.

It's a bit ridiculous to continue to purvey this lie.

Stating that Christianity concocted the modern mythology of Satan/Lucifer/The Devil is a fact.

I could link the thread I am referencing if this becomes the topic of conversation...

Please do, it appears you still need further educating on the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join