It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Leftists Are Fascists Marching ‘Under the Banner of Anti-Fascism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Greven

Lulz.

Yelling at people you disagree with is not forcible suppression.

Because that's all antifa has done, right?

Mmmkay.

Again, what have they done?

I've been horribly busy this year and quite frankly haven't followed every bit of news.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well I'm not going to recap the last seven months and change for you...

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So one incident...?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Looks like there are 4 incidents of violence from Antifa so far this year.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I referenced one incident specifically, which is included in Alien's link.

Edit - actually I referenced two incidents, both of which are referenced in the link.
edit on 5-8-2017 by Shamrock6 because: accuracy counts

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Lulz.

Yelling at people you disagree with is not forcible suppression.

Because that's all antifa has done, right?

Mmmkay.

Again, what have they done?

I've been horribly busy this year and quite frankly haven't followed every bit of news.

Guess you had a bump in the head and are suffering from amnesia? Here is a thread you participated in where an ANTIFA chic got her ass handed to her for bashing the facsh.

AboveTopSecret

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: xuenchen

"It's literally impossible to be a liberal and a facist, just google it if you don't believe me"

- Lefty

and this is just one reason why xuenchen, and the right-wing, sound so ridiculous. trump sounds like this.....abut half what he says, is the exact opposite of what is a actually happening, or has happened.
find some blog somewhere, anywhere, from anyone, that says the left are fascists, and it is used as a fact-based website and/or author, and every right-winger here automatically agrees and has to add in their own 2 cents of BS.....maybe they are a couple of low-paid Russians, that come onto websites like ATS and just talk crap......how's that for a conspirecy

Sorry jimmy, not a very good one.. how about YOU prove you're not a $hill and say something with substance for once?

btw, did you completely miss Painterz post?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I mean, no offence, but people really shouldn't use these words if they don't know what they mean.

Firstly, the 'left' in American politics does not exist. The democrats are a party of the center-right.

Second, you cannot be a leftist and a fascist at the same time.

Third, most leftists are not in fact obsessed with identity politics, this is a smear the far-right uses to discredit anybody that is not like them. Witness the way the word 'snowflake' is thrown around by the far-right.

Fourth, if you cannot see why people marching to stop fascism is EXACTLY THE SAME AS NAZIS then sorry, but frankly I don't have the words anymore to explain how stupid that is.

The American 'left' is not inspired by Nazism. For heaven's sake.

If you want to ask what happened to the actual American Nazis, the ANP, WUFENs, etc, then that's potentially an interesting question. I'm pretty certain all of these white power groups didn't join the Democratic party or start campainging for racial and sexual equality.

And please, remind me who the Neo-Nazis voted for again? That's right, your boy Trump. 'Heil Trump!' they shouted, whilst giving him the Hitler salute.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Could it be that both parties have fringe elements that embrace fascism and the argument about which side is fascist is moot? I think that may be the case and the real truth.

edit on 8/5/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

No. We were "educated" back on page one that the horseshoe theory is rubbish, and that implying that the fringe extremes of the two "sides" in politics have more in common with each other than they do anybody else is "ignorant."

C'mon Blaine, keep up.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think it's quite evident that both parties have elements of leftist authoritarian freedom-hating people.

I refer back to my original post in this forum. . .

I don't see how anyone can say that they are for freedom when they want a larger more controlling government, higher taxes, more laws and a restriction on gun rights, free speech rights.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think it's quite evident that both parties have elements of leftist and rightist authoritarian freedom-hating people. 

Corrected for ya.
You're welcome.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

With those replies to me I should feel truly educated now, but somehow I feel dumber. Maybe it's just me.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I don't care what label you want to use, but I do see a growing trend of anti-freedom folks.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't care what label you want to use, but I do see a growing trend of anti-freedom folks.

In both sides? Sure. Just don't be silly and label people in the right who are anti-freedom "leftists". That makes no sense.

edit on 8/5/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

With those replies to me I should feel truly educated now, but somehow I feel dumber. Maybe it's just me.

Never look to idiots for advice.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

In both sides? Sure. Just don't be silly and label people in the right who are anti-freedom "leftists". That makes no sense.

How about authoritarian douche-weasels?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

How about authoritarian douche-weasels?

That would work.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I'm certainly open, as most people are, to productive dialogue. To divisiveness...not so much.

Yeah, no. Forget all that. The protected monologue, two scoops please!

ok, so you're a divisive one. Now I know that you care more about being a sore winner/truth denier than you do about going forward.

Thanks, but you're not the OP.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Although I play a partisan on ATS, in reality, this is what I believe ...

There are two general trends in human interactions ... (a) to exert control over others (authoritarians) and (b) to live-and-let-live (believers in personal responsibility and individual freedom and cooperation).

To my mind, (a) is psychotic and (b) is the way we were "meant" to be.

There are differing amounts of both in all of us at different times and in different situations, however ...

I can generalize to the fact that ANYONE who seeks political office is in Group A.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join