It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Leftists Are Fascists Marching ‘Under the Banner of Anti-Fascism

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: SprocketUK

I never said there was anything wrong with what he did. I simply said that your vague description of what fascism is fits that situation.

I'm not even saying fascism is wrong because I don't agree with your oversimplified definition. That is my point. "violence=fascism" is wrong and so is "political violence=fascism".

Every soldier engages in violence for political reasons which, according to you, should make them fascists but then you seem to flip-flop on that position.

I didn't for a moment wish to give the view that violent suppression of dissent was the only thing that defined fascism. Merely it's one of the obvious, identifying marks of that particular system.

For the purposes of this thread, I felt it was all that was needed re leftist authoritarians being compared to fascists. In my view it's precisely for this reason that they are often portrayed as such. Not because they are all secretly waiting for the go code to show off their brown or black shirts

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

But it isn't particular to any one system. That is the point. It doesn't define any system.

Anyone can become violent. The difference is that when it's someones own team they go into justification mode: "Hey, they deserved it, they were fascists".

That is what you are seeing here.
edit on 11-8-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

My point is that the left, in portraying the right as fascists justify the use of fascist methods and become what they purport to hate.

It's a slippery slope. Knowing what makes a fascist might help some on the left stop themselves becoming that (and the right too, of course).

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
My point is that the left, in portraying the right as fascists justify the use of fascist methods and become what they purport to hate.

My point is that calling what they are doing fascist methods is incorrect and is what gives the impression that they are becoming what they hate.

In WWII allied soldiers shot firearms at their enemy and axis soldiers shot firearms at their enemy, using the same "method" did not make them the same.

edit on 12-8-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join