It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female gamer here

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: proloz

My girlfriend is a gamer we are in our late 20's though. Her kryptonite right now is zelda breath of the wild. We found common interest through cod though. We don't play that anymore

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Eh, it wouldn't have been a big deal except that normally in that game when you take out another player, you do it aggressively on your own turn and the spoils phase where you replace your armies is the end of your turn. Everyone else then gets to go before you can move and act again.

Because of the way they did it, the duel happened by mutual agreement during the other players' turn, so husband still had his turn coming and it happened to be before mine. So, spoils and a turn to act with them before anyone else in the game could do much about it.

I got outvoted, and gamers being the Machiavellian types they are ... it was a good opportunity to take out a strong position.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Get a PS4 and come play the division
age or gender doesn't matter when it comes to games. And lobby's will always be filled with idiots. A lot of people loose there # when a female plays games so I don't think the negative immature comments will not end anytime soon for you. But keep on gaming friend

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The wither 3 is right up your alley friend a reply to: Fungo

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Honestly,
I envy you, to have someone who is so passionate about the same interests. You two sound like a wonderful match!

As far as his strategy..who could fault it? Sounds like the boys didn't want You to win..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Elder Scrolls online is pretty good. NeverWinter online is pretty cool too.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fungo
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

I'm still not sold on purchasing a Switch yet but am really considering it just to play the new Zelda.

I replay Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time so much I'd love to just go for it.

My brother pre ordered it just got Zelda. He took his 1 week vacation he gets every year to play and beat it after it came in.

Although I haven't played it, if you have the extra money I recommend it.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

Probably the best game I have ever played.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The witcher ? Yeah man very good game ! Cannot wait for the next elder scrolls game a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

I was thinking about getting into elder scrolls online but I wasn't sure if I was just too far behind to start it?

How similar is it to skyrim?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I'm really not that wild about Perfect World or Cryptic's games outside of STO. My husband's played NW, FW and PWI, none of which are up my alley -- fantasy games (for the most part, TES aside) are not to my liking. About the only outright fantasy MMO I did like was Hero, though I haven't played it in...geez, a long time, 10 years at least.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CuriousPaddy
The witcher ? Yeah man very good game ! Cannot wait for the next elder scrolls game a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Hands down my favorite game! Every aspect of that game is just done so well

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Games play me.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I was thinking about getting into elder scrolls online but I wasn't sure if I was just too far behind to start it?

How similar is it to skyrim?

I love ESO.
However, I've found that there are two different types of people - There are those who compare it to Skyrim, and hate it because it's not Skyrim Online. And there are those who compare it to other MMO's, and hate it because it's not a World-of-Warcraft Clone.

IF you can appreciate it the game for what it is - a completely new Elder Scrolls game - you'll be fine.

As I said just up there: I love it! And you can never "start too late".

It's pretty well-adjusted for new people and old people alike.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Games play me.

Win do I

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

Yep, the Witcher. I am looking forward to the next Elder Scrolls as well. I suspect we'll see it either in the latter half of 2018 or middle of 2019.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Mmmm, it's not much like Skyrim really. It's basically about events before Oblivion or Skyrim. However it's a good mmo.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I like STO, but it's awfully glitchy. You never know when you're going to be in the middle of a quest and either your ship won't fire its weapons or your objective isn't activated and you can't do what you need to do in order to finish the mission. Sometimes logging out and logging back in works, sometimes it doesn't. I am kind of irritated with STO right now.
edit on 5-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I am actually shocked to hear no mention of Everquest.

Rallos Zek PvP server was the bomb back in the day.
My barbarian shaman Kauffin Upyerloot was a legend...

Then they stopped letting you loot items of players by way of nodrop .

So I moved to a PvE server to experience the endgame..

Hellfire club . Cazic Thule..

Later on WoW came out and sucked up all the griefers and summer kiddie accounts. It was a glorious time in eq, while many lamented the exodus true players enjoyed wide open zones without constant training of Benny hill proportions to popular camp spots.

Good times..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I like STO, but it's awfully glitchy. You never know when you're going to be in the middle of a quest and either your ship won't fire its weapons or your objective isn't activated and you can't do what you need to do in order to finish the mission. Sometimes logging out and logging back in works, sometimes it doesn't. I am kind of irritated with STO right now.

Or if your ship's going to rubberband all over the space map. That was always fun in the queues /sarc

Starbase Fleet Defense was immensely popular when it debuted, but over time, it developed this aggravating habit of triggering rubberbanding for random players after the 2nd wave stage initiated. 20 people would be in the SFD, and people would start rubberbanding in their quarter of it. Weee, fun!

That progressed to what we all dubbed Zombie Shipping -- having no control whatsoever over your ship or skills during a fight. You'd mash the spacebar hoping you hit something, but in the meantime, you're zig-zagging or rubberbanding back & forth in a movement loop, until it knocks it off & you suddenly popped up at the edge of the map.
The problems probably had more to do with the player max being just too much for their server to handle than anything, but come on, they had years to figure out a fix for it. Now it's a dead queue unless someone organizes & publicizes a run.

I really wish they'd bring back Mine Trap. That was my favorite ground queue

<< 1  2    4 >>

join