It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female gamer here

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hi there. Any other female gamers around? I'm oldish. Started playing on the Atari when the Atari was cool. Pong FTW! lol

I've always been into gaming. Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, 360, and currently the Xbox One. When I got married my parents got me a playstation, games, accessories for a wedding present. Ha ha ha.

I play pretty much EVERYTHING. Not into typical girly games. I play COD every night with my best friend and my husband. I quit talking in lobbies though because I always get a ton of flack. Seriously, from show me your boobs, to you must be butch, to why are you playing--you're too old. As if you just stop loving to game as you age.

I like achievements. They give me something extra to work towards in the game. I'm over 160,000 points and that is from playing awesome games, and some pretty crappy ones for GS challenges. Hannah Montana, worst game I've EVER played. lol I'd rather game than watch TV. I like a wide variety of games. The tropico series is one of my favorites. I like the micro managing. Played most war games. Skyrim--awesome. Only game I loved so much that I bought it on the 360, then turned around and had my dad buy it for me for Christmas on the XB1. Racing games are fun. I'm pretty much an EOG, Equal Opportunity Gamer.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Game on! BTW, looking forward to CODWW2. Back to boots on the ground, and away from the futuristic crap.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: proloz

I am surprised you didn't mention Warframe...after Blackops 2, COD just wasn't the same anymore

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Black Ops 2 was def. that last one that was really good. I still go back and play it sometimes. I wanted Infinite Warfare mainly for the remastered game. Love playing vacant again.

I actually haven't played Warframe. Guess I should.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I am an older (male) gamer as well. PS4 is the platform I am on most of the time, and yes, there are idiots in the chat a lot of the time. However, if you hang out long enough you will find a solid group of non azzholes to play with. My game of choice was Destiny (am psyched for Destiny 2 coming out soon).
edit on am88201717America/Chicago05p09am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Hi not a female but I am a gamer , currently obsessed with Playerunknown's Battlegrounds.
Yeah I got burned with the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast too , although I loved Knights and Shenmue... good old days.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Thought I would add, my favorite old school game of all time is Super Mario Bros 3, and it isnt even close.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Not a female gamer, but I am getting up in age, 40, and I still play video games as well. I like video games more than movies, frankly. I tend to be more of an RPG person, but I play shooters from time to time.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hi everyone. Great to hear from some gamers, female or not.

Usually I'm in a party chat so I don't always hear the lobby, but when I'm solo gaming and they call me out, PROLOZ is my gamertag, I have to go defend myself. I'm not a camper, but once in a while you sit in a corner to reload or do your scorestreak, whatever. I hate being called a camper.

There are 2 games that really changed me with gaming. More modern(for me cause I'm 41), were TombRaider and FFVII. TombRaider was like nothing I'd ever seen before. We played it during a blizzard and literally stayed up all night eating pizza like champions.

FFVII was another epic game for me. It's where I got my gamertag because I named myself proloz. It was one of the first games that I played that really didn't bore me.

Game on!

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Not a female gamer, but I am getting up in age, 40, and I still play video games as well. I like video games more than movies, frankly. I tend to be more of an RPG person, but I play shooters from time to time.

If you want an RPG that is also a kind of FPS, then Destiny is the game. Huge open world to explore, team based 6 person raids, 3 person strikes, and multiple player versus events, and PvP modes......and the weapons.....so many different weapons

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Tomb Raider was a great game. Of the entire TR series, the TR3 was the best imo. At the time there was nothing like it that I saw......with the huge, open environment, and the level of detail was amazing at the time.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I can just imagine it in CoD...

“Oi, lemme see your private things!”
“Sure, meet my friend Private Pineapple!”

Then you stick it up his arse and off you trot.

In other words, there’s always a way to rise above the immaturity and play the game to your own strengths. Well, there’s banter but sometimes it can be really nasty, like GamerGate kinda bad, so I bet it can be rather hard sometimes.

As for being too old... never! I’d love to meet a nice gamer girl but my luck is usually somebody with three children who watches soaps all evening and in between posts pictures of her cats on social media. Probably the sort who would set fire to my computer because I play on it too much.

edit on 5th August 2017 by VigiliaProcuratio because:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Come play some Planetside2 with me some day

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
I am an older (male) gamer as well. PS4 is the platform I am on most of the time, and yes, there are idiots in the chat a lot of the time. However, if you hang out long enough you will find a solid group of non azzholes to play with. My game of choice was Destiny (am psyched for Destiny 2 coming out soon).

I used to grind Destiny but realized that Bungie took way too long to add any new content or fix bugs in PVP and PVE.

After Rise of Iron and the new book they wanted you to fill out I was like wtf...I already did everything now they want to keep me busy with nothing new? Peace out...going to Warframe where they ALWAYS add new content.

Deciding whether Bungie will do a better job this go around. Still haven't tried D2 Beta.

However, I am part of TOP6 clan and the members are cool both in COD, Destiny, and Warframe.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Yes, I played Destiny for a while. Well, all the way througg Taken King. Haven't played its recent expansion. I have a Warlock that's like a 285 light level, I think.
edit on 5-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hi! I started as a kid with intellivision (anyone remember that?) and Commodore 64 text based games. (Zork, Windham classics titles, etc). Then Nintendo came out and my mind was blown.

I'm not a "cool" mom , though, because I don't let my kids play the majority of modern games. Too violent, online interaction, and other issues. Sorry, kids.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

ever tried world of tanks? its free👍

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

I used to grind Destiny but realized that Bungie took way too long to add any new content or fix bugs in PVP and PVE.

After Rise of Iron and the new book they wanted you to fill out I was like wtf...I already did everything now they want to keep me busy with nothing new? Peace out...going to Warframe where they ALWAYS add new content.

Deciding whether Bungie will do a better job this go around. Still haven't tried D2 Beta.

However, I am part of TOP6 clan and the members are cool both in COD, Destiny, and Warframe.

I haven't played Destiny since the taken king.....apart from some iron banner and trying to get some weapons.

As for d2, I missed the beta. Have heard it is now 4v4 on pvp....not a big fan of that, but we shall see. I am definitely giving it a try. Been a while since I have been on, but our clan is Best Kept Secret.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Younger male gamer here (26). Mostly an RPG guy, as my first mindblowing experience was playing Chrono Trigger for the SNES as a kid. I couldn't believe I played a game with time travel, multiple endings, and amazing battle mechanics.

Starcraft (original vanilla), and Doom (original) for PC were my fav growing up as well because I would go to my dads business on weekends and just play it on a laptop all day using his fast internet. Ahhh those were the days. I was in a starcraft clan at 10 years old. Oops

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

They're coming out with a Final Fantasy VII remaster. Looking forward to it

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fungo

Yeah, RPGs have always been my favorite. I guess because they're more story and decision driven. It always seems your choices make an impact on the game. I have enjoyed some shooters like BioShock, Binary Domain, Space Marines 40,000, Wolfenstein, Destiny, which I think has tons of potential, et cetera.

However, I went on hiatus from gaming for about 15 years. Then a friend of mine introduced me to Fallout 3. I was amazed. Since, I have been reintroduced into gaming. Last 8 years games have been my primary entertainment.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join