It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why we in the UK should not have guns.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Jeffers admitted possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life and was jailed for 10 years.

Goes to show you can still get 'em ... if you mean business.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Abysha

That, or the number of idiots is (I actually typed are instead of is, but I'm drunk) increasing. I know I'm part of that problem.

No... The number of idiots isn't fluctuating that much. We've always been here, lol.

I think it really comes down to blind and humorless sourpusses that can't take a joke. For all the times I've been accused of being a "snowflake" for defending against personal attacks, I'd say this new breed of snowflake takes the cake.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
UK gun free? This is an oft cited myth.

The UK is not gun free. There are over a 1.3 million licensed guns in circulation. It's just the UK culture is not gun orientated. We don't feel the urge to carry a gun with us when we are out shopping, nor do our police feel the urge to shoot people for (er) walking away.

Shooting someone in the wizzie probably demonstrates a lack of intelligence rather than an advert for the reasons not to possess guns.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

We should come up with a name for that. Dumbcakes? Doesn't seem punchy enough, you should start a thread on this, I'm all lazy and pretending to go to sleep.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If you want it no matter where in the world and the legality of what it is you want so long as you have the cold hard cash you can get it or at least find a copper trying to pass off as a hitman/seller of weapons.

Basic level shotguns and pistols that probably are more likely to blow your hand off than kill someone else are normally easy to get as they'll get passed on quickly with perhaps a small bit of ammo as if they've been used in an area they normally get moved on sharpish.

Got to admit in 40+ years on this planet I aint had a gun pulled on me and probably never will and the best thing was when I went Greece the security guy must of wanted a coffee and he popped his SMG on the desk about 10ft from me and just wandered off at the airport.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

We do have guns. It's called the IRON FIST.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Plenty of people in the UK have guns. The percentage of private ownership is not as high because, unlike the population of certain other countries, we do not live in perpetual fear of our neighbours, law enforcement, or the government. Because WE ARE NAILS!

!
edit on 5-8-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Looting during (no guns) Manchester riots...

This is why we own guns in America... Koreans defending their stores during Rodney King riots...

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Kinda like a Buckwheat.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You're just supposed to grab her by it.
Not shoot it.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

After reading the article, I can't help but feel like you all need more guns. This woman is having sex with this man(I can only imagine what they were doing with the gun), and it happens to go off. Afterwards, she tells police that the guy is a "bad man". He's a "bad man", yet she's having a "sex fantasy" with him and his weapon. Yeah, sure sounds like you guys need more natural selection in your lives.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 5-8-2017 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yes. I agree that the UK should not have guns. You know what, why we are at it, you may as well do away with your military also. Get rid of anything that can be used as a weapon. You can then proceed to create plastic bubbles for each of your inhabitants to reside in. Safe Spaces for all.
edit on 5-8-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'll second that, my friend. Darwinism works.

This thread really isn't as much about firearms as it is about abject STUPIDITY.

I mean the nasty, 1%, deeply ingrained, embarrassing kind of stupid.

Sadly, even after this, the stupid is still there.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
You're just supposed to grab her by it.
Not shoot it.

You just plagiarised Donald Trump .......

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
hmm how is the woman in question... still able to....
a reply to: Snarl

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
But If I had a handgun I wouldn't trust myself to not do silly things like pretending to be Yosamity Sam when drunk.
I'm bad enough with a Longbow.
Your argument appears to be you can't be trusted with a gun so no one should be. I don't care either way what our neighbors across the pond do for gun laws, just not a very good argument.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Yes. I agree that the UK should not have guns. You know what, why we are at it, you may as well do away with your military also. Get rid of anything that can be used as a weapon. You can then proceed to create plastic bubbles for each of your inhabitants to reside in. Safe Spaces for all.

If there was no such thing as the UK military the US military would not have the high standards to dream of aspiring to. Why don't you pay us a visit and run your mouth off in the high street, you will get a good old fashioned kicking, and you will experience healthcare free at the point of delivery, after our unarmed police have arranged free transport to A & E for you.
edit on 6-8-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: 3daysgone

If there was no such thing as the UK military the US would not have the high standards to dream of aspiring to. Why don't you pay us a visit and run your mouth off in the high street, you will get a good old fashioned kicking, and you will experience healthcare free at the point of delivery, after our unarmed police have arranged free transport to A & E for you.

Are you suggesting if you run your mouth off in America you will not get your ass kicked by a mob of people? Or are you suggesting Brits have no self control and are brutish thugs while Americans are far more refined and have self control?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
All I am saying is that it is you would almost certainly not be shot.
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join