It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazon forest is the result of an 8,000-year experiment, and other findings

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The more we learn the more we find out we don't know.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Czulkang
The more we learn the more we find out we don't know.

Which is why we learn
😁

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

Everyting is getting older. Step by step. Because the shock would be too big for most of us if we knew the truth. A similar civilization as the one we lve in has been there before. Until something very big happened and it all had to start over again.
Plato said it, indications are everywhere, some 12600 years ago the Flood perished the old civilization. Your find some way or another fits in this hypothesis .... just like so many finds.
www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The Amazonas area once was populated... then the europeans came... and one of them may had a simple cold... and millions died.

Have a look here...
Francisco de Orellana

... and look further.
edit on 9-8-2017 by HiddenX because: syntax error

edit on 9-8-2017 by HiddenX because: syntax error -- sticky fingers ;-)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: zandra

Everyting is getting older. Step by step. Because the shock would be too big for most of us if we knew the truth. A similar civilization as the one we lve in has been there before. Until something very big happened and it all had to start over again.
Plato said it, indications are everywhere, some 12600 years ago the Flood perished the old civilization. Your find some way or another fits in this hypothesis .... just like so many finds.
www.evawaseerst.be...

2000 years ago in Rome, you could buy a house with central heating, hot water, go out and eat burgers. Though medicine was a bit dodgy, all you could do is make offerings to whatever god happened to rule your home. Unless you were willing to pay for a greek physician. But the cooking was good as the Apicius is still being published:

www.gutenberg.org...

Egyptians had doctors, dentists, as well as cosmetics, bronze mirrors, medicine boxes, and other storage items. Every time I look for image searchs on Ancient Egpytian items, it's like looking at an department store catalog from 3000 BC

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

2000 years ago in Rome, you could buy a house with central heating, hot water, go out and eat burgers. Though medicine was a bit dodgy, all you could do is make offerings to whatever god happened to rule your home. Unless you were willing to pay for a greek physician.

Burgers are younger than that. You can tell by the name.
Maybe a joint of meat or a bowl of hummingbird tongues.

Harte

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

2000 years ago in Rome, you could buy a house with central heating, hot water, go out and eat burgers. Though medicine was a bit dodgy, all you could do is make offerings to whatever god happened to rule your home. Unless you were willing to pay for a greek physician.

Harte

Maybe a plate of door mice, dipped in honey, rolled in crushed pine nuts, deep fried and served on a bed of greens or a roasted tuna withe vinegar shallots and mint.
Or if you are an average working roman peasant, some gruel made of wheat or oats boiled in olive oil, with pine nuts.

Them romans sure liked their pine nuts.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Somewhere out there there is some research about a type of man made compost found in the Amazon that covers roughly the surface area of France. And the real kicker is that we can't recreate it. If I remember right it was some mixture or fish bones and shells and organic matter. I'll see if I can find anything about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

Harte

Maybe a plate of door mice, dipped in honey, rolled in crushed pine nuts, deep fried and served on a bed of greens or a roasted tuna withe vinegar shallots and mint.
Or if you are an average working roman peasant, some gruel made of wheat or oats boiled in olive oil, with pine nuts.

The door mice gotta taste like squirrel. I'd try it.

Harte

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I was a squirrel hunting fool as a kid, we have big fat greys in the sierra, fried or roasted, not bad.
When I was 15ish I had a very distant cousin, from the anglo side of the phillipino side, who was from somewhere in the viginia mtns. He was a truck driver and stayed a week with us while he waiting for a load. We went squirrel hunting that week, and around here the trees are so tall and brush so thick that shotguns are ineffective and you have to use a rifle or a good large cal. pellet gun.
My cousin asked me to not do any head shots, because he wanted the brains to scramble with eggs for breakfast😁

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I was a squirrel hunting fool as a kid, we have big fat greys in the sierra, fried or roasted, not bad.
When I was 15ish I had a very distant cousin, from the anglo side of the phillipino side, who was from somewhere in the viginia mtns. He was a truck driver and stayed a week with us while he waiting for a load. We went squirrel hunting that week, and around here the trees are so tall and brush so thick that shotguns are ineffective and you have to use a rifle or a good large cal. pellet gun.
My cousin asked me to not do any head shots, because he wanted the brains to scramble with eggs for breakfast😁

Squirrels have the best brains you'll ever eat, if you ever eat any brains LOL!

They're better than calf brains, I can say that. But you can't fill up on them.

Harte

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Mushrooms you keep them in the dark and feed them on

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

They a lot of work too.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

They a lot of work too.

That's why you can't fill up on them.
That, and you'd have to shoot a whole bunch of squirrels.

Peanuts are a lot of work. So is crab. So are shrimp.
I've eaten peanuts whole in the shell because I was tired of opening them, same with shrimp.

Of course, that was back in my salad days (when I used to drink.)

Harte

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Of course, that was back in my salad days(when I used to drink.)

Did you just throw a Minor Threat reference out there Harte?

I think the limit was 12 back then, and I know we both limited out. The shootin is the easy part, then dressing, and finally spliting those little walnut sized skulls. Funny you mention crab, because my cousin found that crab forks are very handy when braining squirrels, he had never seen a crab fork before, with the accent and all it was a very entertaining event.
We scrambled them up with eggs and had em for breakfast with my Aunt Clara's dutch oven fried potatoes, done up in the fire place, very very Clampett.

Oh, and the eating the shrimp in the shell(except the tail fins , that little spine can kill you) is a very phillipino thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Of course, that was back in my salad days(when I used to drink.)

Did you just throw a Minor Threat reference out there Harte?

I think the limit was 12 back then, and I know we both limited out. The shootin is the easy part, then dressing, and finally spliting those little walnut sized skulls. Funny you mention crab, because my cousin found that crab forks are very handy when braining squirrels, he had never seen a crab fork before, with the accent and all it was a very entertaining event.
We scrambled them up with eggs and had em for breakfast with my Aunt Clara's dutch oven fried potatoes, done up in the fire place, very very Clampett.

Oh, and the eating the shrimp in the shell(except the tail fins , that little spine can kill you) is a very phillipino thing.

Roast them or braise them with the head on and the skull is much easier to crack. You can eat them right out of the skull.

Harte

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

pretty interesting to think about, ive wondered similar things myself

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Harte

Here's a 1500 year old recipe for roman burgers. These seem to be something you would find at a five star hotel rather than McDonalds:

blog.english-heritage.org.uk...

"It has long been known that the Romans brought ‘fast food joints’ – or thermopolia as they called them – to Britain."

"A recipe from the ancient Roman cookbook, Apicius, which was written by an unknown author in the late 4th or 5th centuries AD , details a dish called ‘Isicia Omentata’ which comprises minced meat, pepper, wine, pine nuts, and a rich fish based sauce (Garum), all formed into a pattie."

I can just imagine a Roman version of McDonalds "Filius princeps mundius" filled with Roman soldiers at lunch time, all munching on snails, scallops and burgers.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

That doesnt sound bad actually, with a fresh baked flat bread, a little sheep cheeee and some greens

I have friends that cook at local joint called Veni Vidi Vici, the first owner opened it as a "Roman" restraunt. Its fusion for the most part now, i am going to mention this to them.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UtopiaDistopia

Terra preta. Still fertile soil today.

Proof domestic man has turned evil. He has abandoned soil based life for an imitation.
edit on 1-9-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join