It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Command Center Looked for Russia Meddling on Election Day 2016.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
August 4, 2017

The FBI's Conclusion?

The FBI monitored social media on Election Day last year in an effort to track a suspected Russian disinformation campaign utilizing "fake news".

In the months leading up to Election Day, Twitter and Facebook were the feeding grounds for viral "news" stories floating conspiracies and hoaxes. Many aimed at spreading negative, false claims about Hillary Clinton.

At the end of day, top FBI officials exchanged congratulations for an election day that was completed without disruptions of the vote.

But one Obama White House official responded to the messages of congratulations with the opposite view, saying the U.S government response to the Russian operation was "a failure of imagination."

"Are you kidding?" that official recalled saying to others at the White House as they celebrated a successful election. "What they did worked!"

Full Article: mtstandard.com... 363bde1.html

Did any of you see FAKE NEWS on election day? The news I saw in the days leading up to November 6, 2016 from ABC-CBS-NBC-CNN-MSNBC-NYTimes-WashPost-LATimes, indicated with 100% certainty that Hillary Clinton had a HUGE lead. A lead in the polls that could NOT be overcome by candidate Donald Trump.

-CareWeMust

edit on 8/4/2017 by carewemust because: formatting adjustment

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Russia never meddles in any election. It's not their style. Putin don't care who is president in America. He will continue to bomb salafists in Syria and no one can stop him.
edit on 4-8-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yep, that's what I have been saying about Russian interference all along

There is no direct correlation between anything they supposedly did and the outcome of the election.

Even down here in Australia MSM told us that Hilary was a dead certain winner and not to worry, that madman Trump wouldn't pull the numbers at the ballot box.

Post shock election result, we all got told that nobody had expected so many poor rural white voters who are usually disaffected and don't turn up on polling day to actually cast a ballot.

So, in the end it was a wild card win with a bunch of normally silent voters turning out to speak up and back a man that resonated with their values.
edit on 4-8-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

All major countries "meddle", AllSee4Eye. Right now the USA and Russia are working hard (against each other) to influence what happens in Venezuela.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not true. Meddle is out of the ordinary. Countries don't make enemies with other countries. They don't meddle unless there is an extraordinary situation. Russia has never meddled in another country's election. Neither has America.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Russia never meddles in any election. It's not their style. Putin don't care who is president in America. He will continue to bomb salafists in Syria and no one can stop him.

If you watch Russian media (Russia insider is particularly good) you'll see that there is a real disparity between what western media thinks Putin says and what he actually says.

He's naturally cracked it now and is going down the path of retaliation with the USA, but up until and even in the first few days after that disastrous G20 summit in Germany, the mood of Putin was one of great optimism about relations with the USA. He even spoke very highly of Trump as a person, calling him a good listener and nothing like his reality TV show persona in real life.

I actually think Russia genuinely hoped things would take a turn for the better in terms of relations when Trump won.
edit on 4-8-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
originally posted by: carewemust

link fixed:

fixed

and

FBI analysts had identified social media user accounts behind stories, some based overseas, and the suspicion was that at least some were part of a Russian disinformation campaign, according to two sources familiar with the investigation.

The FBI declined to comment for this story.

For the FBI, this was uncomfortable territory, given the First Amendment's free speech protections even for fake news stories.

Democrats not happy anymore.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Yep, that's what I have been saying about Russian interference all along

There is no direct correlation between anything they supposedly did and the outcome of the election.

Even down here in Australia MSM told us that Hilary was a dead certain winner and not to worry, that madman Trump wouldn't pull the numbers at the ballot box.

Post shock election result, we all got told that nobody had expected so many poor rural white voters who are usually disaffected and don't turn up on polling day to actually cast a ballot.

So, in the end it was a wild card win with a bunch of normally silent voters turning out to speak up and back a man that resonated with their values.

More importantly anything they did is completely normal, in fact the IC even quoted 2012 news articles in their assessment.

I think what really burns the globalist establishment is that over the last couple of years, their news agency (the liberal media) have lost all credibility and people are turning to the internet for news.
edit on 4/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Not true. Meddle is out of the ordinary. Countries don't make enemies with other countries. They don't meddle unless there is an extraordinary situation. Russia has never meddled in another country's election. Neither has America.

I'm beginning to think you are dealing in some very surreal sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

America has 'meddled' with other countries elections, you are just being silly.
Notwithstanding that, you have an American President now who actually called on another country who is sanctioned by the US, to meddle in an American election...how fecked-up is that?
Go and read a book, please I beg you...start with The Dandy..or the Beano.
edit on 4-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

If you were an all-knowing deity, I'd believe you. But AFAICT, you're just expressing your opinion...right?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

PUTIN overestimated the solidarity between Republican President Trump and his Republican Congress.

It's probably historically unprecedented how LITTLE Trump and Ryan/McConnell see eye-to-eye on.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The liberal media will lose even more credibility when they are formally charged and punished by the DOJ, as traitors to their own country.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

PUTIN overestimated the solidarity between Republican President Trump and his Republican Congress.

It's probably historically unprecedented how LITTLE Trump and Ryan/McConnell see eye-to-eye on.

Yes, I think Putin did. Everything the Russians were saying in their own media up until that G20 oozed optimism that perhaps at last Russia and America could work together on important issues.

Putin had actually said many times that Russia needs America, but he wishes for Russia to be treated as an equal partner rather than Russia being allowed to do what America wishes.

Pretty reasonable request one would think, but one that gets up the establishment's nose apparently.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Neither has America.

Really?

You might want to ask the people of Haiti about that:

Préval’s suspicions about “outsiders” seeking his “success” turned out to be justified. In two rounds of presidential and legislative elections held in November and March, Washington aggressively intervened, pushing out of the presidential run-off Jude Célestin, the candidate of Préval’s party Inite (Unity), to replace him with Martelly, a neo-Duvalierist konpa singer who vocally supported the 1991 and 2004 coups d’état against former president Jean-Bertrand Aristide.

How Washington and Big Oil
Fought PetroCaribe in Haiti

I think the FBI might be more productive if they began investigating belly button lint.

Man but the piper has plenty of rats following, no?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I think Putin had a brain-freeze and forgot that America is not run by a dictator. Our Congress is actually in charge of the big decisions.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I think Putin had a brain-freeze and forgot that America is not run by a dictator. Our Congress is actually in charge of the big decisions.

Well not really. He has stated several times that America is at war with itself since Trump got elected.

I think Putin overestimated Trumps ability to instill some sort of authoritarian influence over congress (like he does over the Duma).

new topics

top topics

join