It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University deems 9/11 memorial “triggering, harmful, harassing”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I look at it like a fad. I was a Hippie and pie in the sky Peacenik when I was young. I grew up and my brain finished developing like everyone elses when they are in their late teens and early twenties.

The political crowd will eventually move on to the next thing, when this has been played out and everyone becomes bored with it.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease I think applies here. They want grease, so they squeak. It makes young people and the fringe of society join in to anything that will get them the attention they crave.

It's no worse now than when I was young. Every generation see's things like this and yet we struggle on and times change. If history is a lesson, this generations kids will be the opposite of this one. Never trust anyone over 30. Peace, Love, Dove...

Of course we were going to destroy the world with all our peace talk, long hair and our satanic upside down cross peace sign.

The politicians just grab on to anything that they think will divide us, so they can control us IMO.

I, on behalf of my generation do apologize for the current crop of aging people in academia that were spawned from Alinsky's writings and violent Weather Underground types who thought bombs were the path to peace.
edit on 8/4/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Actually, no. That was in my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
It's no worse now than when I was young. Every generation see's things like this and yet we struggle on and times change. If history is a lesson, this generations kids will be the opposite of this one. Never trust anyone over 30. Peace, Love, Dove...

Granted, I was born after the counter culture revolution of the 60's and 70's so I have no first hand experience with it, but I don't think it's worse. We just have more access to mass media to publish the truly ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I agree.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seasonal

1. Take a heavy boot sock
2. Fill it with navel oranges.
3. Drive to this university.
4. Find all the whiny bitches.
5. Beat them with the orange-filled sock.
6. Drive into town and have a nice taco at Sal's Taco Stand on University Dr.
7. Go back and beat the ones that are still moving.
8. Get an ice cream. (2 scoops)
9. Adopt a cat at your local shelter.
10. Go home with Mr. Scooter-Biscuits The Third.

The only thing I would do differently is use a pillow case loaded with grapefruits, use frozen grapefruit for the ultra libs.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You should not encourage DBC. He's barely hanging on to reality as it is.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: thesaneone

You should not encourage DBC. He's barely hanging on to reality as it is.

True, things were always iffy but it has gotten much worse since the wife put him on that diet.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FrostyFlakes

These people pulling this nonsense are not snowflakes...they are enemies attacking you in your own homeland.

With IEDs or simple handgranades?

We're talking about a memorial not happening on a fricken campus anymore. Perhaps it's worth to mention, that it never was a very bright idea to use a campus for nationalists Bollocks to begin with.
But hey - let's go back to things that should happen in universities, like... 9/11 memorials!

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

How dare they display the American flag in America.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
College is where you go to get stoopid.
Pass me a nuther jar of that dumb-ass.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Well to be fair a 9/11 memorial at least makes some sense,unlike the retarded leftist drivel and divisive liberal crap tolerated on many American university and college campuses.At least the memorial is a construct remotely in touch with reality,unlike so much of the Monty Pythonesque level of absurdities that flourish on campuses these days.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

And another thing-since when is remembering and honouring murdered fellow countrymen considered Nationalist bollocks????

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

When you are the Left.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Given the number of fallen US soldiers in this War with Terror, the staggering amount of returning vets with a whole plethora of problems and the rate of suicides, resulting from the moronic ignorance of their situation when it comes to your beloved gubbermint, I'd say it's every Americans duty to remember what real patriotism is ought to look like.

#FactcheckClaqueurs

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Thanks for the nice lable, but I'm just the public opinion trying to sway your dumb asses into the denial of ignorance.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Thanks for the nice lable, but I'm just the public opinion trying to sway your dumb asses into the denial of ignorance.

Hilarious that you think you speak for the general public.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Pretty close to think that I'm the entire left, innit?

#MakeThisPartisanAgain

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Pretty close to think that I'm the entire left, innit?

#MakeThisPartisanAgain

Unless you were the one triggered and got this removed all on your own then I am not doing that, try again.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

And another thing-since when is remembering and honouring murdered fellow countrymen considered Nationalist bollocks????

When it's used to support such nonsense like the War on Terror. How many countries has that ruined now? How many of our soldiers lives has it cost? How much money have we spent on it? How many innocent people were murdered and excused as collateral damage?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What a fabulous idea
I hope they do it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join