It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Post Moves From Trump Tower to a Trailer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

He doesn't even get his paycheck.

It's one of his diversions.

It not close to what he costs the government and the money he is making from it.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Why should his USSS detail any different than any other president? Donate? How about you let a local police officer have a room in your house free to keep your family safe?

This statement...."Otherwise he shouldn't be getting more than his paycheck from us" shows a lot of hate.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Diversion? He takes no salary AND self funded a large part of his campaign. He beat the DNC and RNC establishment and to be honest he deserves ALL of the same perks that ANY former POTUS had.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: roadgravel

Diversion? He takes no salary AND self funded a large part of his campaign. He beat the DNC and RNC establishment and to be honest he deserves ALL of the same perks that ANY former POTUS had.

You don't see the ethics issue in Trump not fully divesting from his businesses. Holding rallies at those businesses while President. Or his Mar-A-Lago trips where he personally makes several million per trip in booking rooms for his entourage?

It's highly unethical.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Unethical? Nope. The issue is that we have the richest and most business minded president in history. He could have not run for president, worked at his company, and made more money. He took a large business risk running for president. It is incredible how people wanted to go to his parties or even invite him to weddings before he actually ran.

A president, no matter who they are, will incur costs. Second, based on inflation and cost of goods and services it is tough to compare now and 10-15 years ago.

Bush used to go to his ranch. In fact, he spent over a full year while in office there. Who cares. He was still working. Just like Obama and his trips to Hawaii.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Some people did, others have always seen him as a conman. I've met Trump before (I've met every President in my lifetime actually), I've also met many other very successful people. Trump always gave me the vibe of a used car salesman. Others have genuinely impressed me.

Trump is wealthy which means he's good at playing the game, but he's never impressed me. He's just the stereotypical 80's business guy.

As far as costs go, I don't actually care about the costs of his entourage, I get that moving his support and security takes money. What I care about is that he takes them to his own properties where he pockets the money. He's charging the government for his presence and that is not right.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You'd think it would lend some cache' to have the SS in your building and that it would count for something. It seems more like Trump Towers thinks they should get a bump simply by association to the POTUS. Which is kind of like scalping/extortion/racketeering...not sure what exactly but something...

But SS will be around and still guarding Trump long after he is no longer President. Possibly sooner than anyone imagines.
edit on 8/4/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join