It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Post Moves From Trump Tower to a Trailer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Apparently the negotiation for the new lease didn't work out. Secret Service no longer has their space in Trump's Tower where two of his adult sons work.

WASHINGTON — The Secret Service has been forced to relocate its Trump Tower command center to a trailer outside the Midtown skyscraper after a lease agreement between the General Services Administration and the Trump Organization fell apart last month, two people with knowledge of the negotiations said on Thursday.

The Secret Service has had a presence in Trump Tower since late 2015, when then-candidate Donald J. Trump became a front-runner in the race for the Republican presidential nomination. For much of that time, it ran its operations from space inside the building, just one floor below Mr. Trump’s triplex residence.

This article doesn't offer to many details or context, so the details of the deal appear to be unknown.

The two parties had gone as far as drawing up a lease contract, the two people privy to the negotiations said. But representatives of the Trump Organization refused to sign it over objections to the inclusion of a clause in the contract, the contents of which were not immediately known.

It also was not immediately clear why the Trump Organization objected to the clause.

Amanda Miller, a spokeswoman for the Trump Organization, did not address that account. She merely said both parties had agreed the agency should look elsewhere. “After much consideration, it was mutually determined that it would be more cost effective and logistically practical for the Secret Service to lease space elsewhere,” she wrote in an email.

NYT
edit on 4-8-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm surprised the NYT didn't know what the clause was that the Trump Organization objected to. That would be interesting to know.

Melania and Barron now live at the WH.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Thanks for the info, did not know. I'll edit OP.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Didnt Trumpy make Bannon live in a trailer when he visited the tower too?

Mooch and Rinse run a 3 card monte table across the street now.

Wild times.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I'm surprised the NYT didn't know what the clause was that the Trump Organization objected to. That would be interesting to know.

I too am curious. If I had to guess, I would think it has to do with privacy concerns in separating the family business from public scrutiny. Secret Service agents are good at keeping secrets, but they do want to be around at all times. Maybe they didn't want an outside agency seeing business dealings.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm thinking it has more to do with money. With Trump being the president, the monthly rents they can charge are astronomical and I'm sure the Secret Service isn't willing to pay the price.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

If it was something negative against Trump, it would have been "leaked", and not only the NYT, but CNN and the rest of the hate-Trump media would be plastering it across the screen hours on end.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Tisk Tisk

two people with knowledge of the negotiations said

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hang on - isn't this a good thing?
The President has not been to Trump Tower since the inauguration.
Where are the people who were complaining about costs?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You would think that the Trumps could donate some space in order to protect the lives of Jr. and Eric and their families. None of our tax dollars should be going into Trumps private business accounts. It's reasonable to make exceptions for his vacations if he would be reasonable about how often he takes them. Otherwise he shouldn't be getting more than his paycheck from us.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Hang on - isn't this a good thing?
The President has not been to Trump Tower since the inauguration.
Where are the people who were complaining about costs?

I'm fine with it, I'm just curious as to what the terms were that they couldn't agree to.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

If it was something negative against Trump, it would have been "leaked", and not only the NYT, but CNN and the rest of the hate-Trump media would be plastering it across the screen hours on end.

I don't know about that. Anything could be spun as a negative against Trump. From him making an unreasonable demand to refusing to compromise for a security service. Alternatively you could spin the same fact in the other direction.

I hope it comes out at some point, and that I see the story when it does. I think it's pretty neutral towards Trump in either direction though, this story already has enough that you can infer a positive or negative slant if that's your wish.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A group of citizens could form a Trump Security group but they probably could not afford the rent either.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

He should get his own security. The way the DC crowd treats outsiders should inspire distrust.

Hire from abroad. Get the best private money can buy.

The SS will probably get him killed if told to.

edit on 8 4 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
A group of citizens could form a Trump Security group but they probably could not afford the rent either.

What makes me skeptical that it's coming down to rent costs is that the Secret Service has been known to be pretty generous in terms of what rents they're willing to pay. Overcharging is par for the course and it's never been an issue with anyone prior. It was probably something other than that.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It seems Trump wants money more then protection for his family.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
You would think that the Trumps could donate some space in order to protect the lives of Jr. and Eric and their families. None of our tax dollars should be going into Trumps private business accounts. It's reasonable to make exceptions for his vacations if he would be reasonable about how often he takes them. Otherwise he shouldn't be getting more than his paycheck from us.

He doesn't even get his paycheck.

He donates it back to the government. His first quarter salary went to the Dept. of Interior and his second quarter salary was donated to the Dept. of Education.

His sons run the business. They are not in his administration and have the right to continue to earn money. The POTUS doesn't receive money from the businesses.

He took his first vacation since taking office this week starting today. He will be gone 17 days while they put a new HVAC system in the West Wing and Oval Office. He takes weekends like most do, but they are usually working weekends where he meets with staff, visiting dignitaries, and others.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

It seems Trump wants money more then protection for his family.

It's not about protection, it's about not being discovered when the Russians come a callin....

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I'm fine with it, I'm just curious as to what the terms were that they couldn't agree to.

"The landlord shall provide alcohol and prostitutes to all Secret Service employees who are on break, on lunch, or off the clock."

Oh wait, that's only when they're posted overseas. Nevermind.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Could be. There must be something he doesn't want certain people to find out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join