It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump officially better than Obama at economy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
American's are such gullible idiots to talk about jobs as much as they do with 95% employment. We have more kids with acne that have jobs than entire countries. Maybe spend some effort into education instead of encouraging the work-yourself-to-death-for-nothing culture? I'm glad y'all are so proud you work so hard for nothing, but it's maybe time to update the system and the attitude?

You know unemployment is a good thing? You need people waiting to replace others to drive motivation...If no one can replace you, there is no benefit to firing you. I'd love to know what Employment Rate satisfies a Trumper, that they were so dissatisfied before, and, what the perfect amount of unemployment is? 0?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LooksLocked
American's are such gullible idiots to talk about jobs as much as they do with 95% employment. We have more kids with acne that have jobs than entire countries. Maybe spend some effort into education instead of encouraging the work-yourself-to-death-for-nothing culture? I'm glad y'all are so proud you work so hard for nothing, but it's maybe time to update the system and the attitude?

You know unemployment is a good thing? You need people waiting to replace others to drive motivation...If no one can replace you, there is no benefit to firing you. I'd love to know what Employment Rate satisfies a Trumper, that they were so dissatisfied before, and, what the perfect amount of unemployment is? 0?

I love how you run your mouth and look a fool. Employment is about 61%, not 95%. And you think lots of people living on government handouts which those working pay for is a good thing? That is some really weird thinking. Maybe you want to pay my bills?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I didn't say anything about Handouts, I said unemployed seeking jobs creates competition for those with jobs, or are you completely illiterate?

My largest point was that that Unemployment isn't an issue at 4%.
en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a picture, incase you actually can't read.

These are my sources, forgive me if there is some obvious clue that suggests 4% unemployment = 61% employment. As I would understand, 4% unemployment, means 96% of people are employed. My data is from a census, your 60% figure is from business reports. But not everyone that works is reported, illegals are just one example. The census data suggests 9/10 people have a job, do you honestly think 4 of every 10 people you know have no job? How can you even remotely think 60% is a reasonable number? Do you live in reality? Or just know a bunch of losers?

Ps.I specifically asked your ass what a good 'unemployment' rate is then, and you gave no answer. I'm not responding until you answer my question.

Pss. Your last statement is so uneducated it's almost not even understandable. You're sarcastically asking me to pay your bills to prove a point you misconstrued. Either way, you're pretty sad for asking for a handout, seconds after crying about that.

Psss. The final joke is that you ever pay for anything of mine. I pay more taxes than you make total.
edit on 6-8-2017 by LooksLocked because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye>>> A POTUS always does better with the economy when thye take a hands off approach. Clinton inherited record low oil prices and the economy did gangbusters.... then he started screwing with it and got out just as it started bottoming out( dot com crash) and oil went up. And he gave the store away to China. Plus he mucked with the banks and set up a housing bubble and crash. Duhbya Bush bailed out the banks which was a F up, then Obama doubled down on letting the banks run amok and he also bailed out the auto makers. On top of global warming insanity and letting the borders open. I'm guessing a big reason the deep state hates Trump so much is because he ISN'T trying to tank the economy.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I never said unemployment numbers are fake. I think Obama did a great job improving the economy after Bush. This doesn't take away the fact that Trump is better than Obama at economy.

Not to be a jerk, but.... this is an almost absurdly stupid thing to say, and no semi-intelligent or informed person would ever say something so incredibly simplified and, well... stupid.
In order to conclude that from this, you have to be enough of a simpleton to ignore (or be unable to recognize) a vast multitude of things, including:

-the overall drop in unemployment was much more drastic under Obama. If something drops, say, 5% under Person A, and then only 0.5% under Person B, but that 0.5% takes it to a new low, that does not somehow mean the Person B is better at it. Only a very, very dumb person would think that. Most of the work was done by Person A, that much smaller change under Person B isn't more impressive just by virtue of the fact that it represents the lowest number. Person A did much more to get it to that number than Person B. I mean.... even a few seconds of thought should make that glaring fly obvious. Unless you're, you know... dumb.
-We are still largely in Obama''s economic environment
-There are, at all times, a vast multitude of extenuating circumstamces, which thus makes it incredibly foolish to try simplifying a slight alteration in a large-scale statistic into some kind of idiotic proof that Person B is better at something than Person A.

I mean, seriously.... just embarrassingly dumb and thoughtless. No critical thinking whatsoever. The fact that it some how gets even more dumb beyond the "better at economy" thing is almost impressive.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
President Trump beats all past Presidents in most areas, because he works smarter, harder, longer.

Even though he's on vacation, the President is busy. At 11:30pm on a Sunday evening he's on the phone with South Korea's President, working jointly to keep the world safe from North Korea.

www.reuters.com...

Isn't it great that President Trump doesn't need a lot of rest, like the candidate he defeated? We're very fortunate America!

edit on 8/7/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Plus the fact obama inherited a right mess in 2008.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Longer? I doubt that.
How many holidays and how much golf has he played?.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LooksLocked

The unemployment figure means that 4% are between jobs.

It does not count anyone after 2 months of unemployment.

So...

As millions of people lost jobs and never found new ones, they live on welfare and are not counted.

Thank the democrats for solving unemployment.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Plus the fact obama inherited a right mess in 2008.

Obama did inherit a mess. It was papered over by the Federal Reserve without anyone's permission.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
When you look at China, S. Korea, Japan, Taiwan, etc. They have built massive high tech cities with the profits of outsourcing.

The companies that sent factories overseas saved some money and lowered prices.

But the net result is a disproportionate lower quality of life for many here, and a higher quality of life for those still working.

The lie of outsourcing is that people would pick up better jobs and maintain full employment.

But outsourcing creates a competitive advantage where everybody has to do it to stay in people's budgets. And all the money flowing out of the country kills the economy (The circulation of money). So, money has to be printed and spent into circulation by government to patch up the economy.

If you follow the logic, after not too long almost everyone ends up paid by welfare/government with a few very rich business owners selling everything.

With low disposable income, small businesses mostly shut down because no one can afford luxuries or services very often.

Government tries to reign in the income gap with taxes. That money escapes to tax shelters, or is protected through write offs created by tanking investor money and pension funds.

The final step is quiet fascism, when all the representatives of government are beholden to corporations.

Know anyone willing to sever the ties between business and government? Cut off lobbying, cut down the tax shell game, bring jobs back? Cut down regulation and red tape?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join