It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump officially better than Obama at economy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yeah, the first two years of any administration are basically about the decisions of the previous administration. It's only after around 2 years that we start to see the effects of the current governments policies on the economy.

Mind you, this doesn't stop the Tories in the UK from continuing to blame everything on Labour for the 2008 financial crash.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

So being a bad businessman is better than not being a businessman. That's like arguing having bad credit is better than not having credit.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I never said unemployment numbers are fake. I think Obama did a great job improving the economy after Bush. This doesn't take away the fact that Trump is better than Obama at economy.

How is Trump better than Obama at "economy"? Exactly?

He was more successful in the economy as a private citizen than Obama...So how is he not better at the economy?

Micro economics != Macro economics.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Yeah, the first two years of any administration are basically about the decisions of the previous administration. It's only after around 2 years that we start to see the effects of the current governments policies on the economy.

Mind you, this doesn't stop the Tories in the UK from continuing to blame everything on Labour for the 2008 financial crash.

That may be true of most new administrations, but you have to admit, this one is and has been different. He hit the floor running and hasn't stopped.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Painterz

That may be true of most new administrations, but you have to admit, this one is and has been different. He hit the floor running and hasn't stopped.

Is that how you see things? I see it more as he started off his administration by tripping down a flight of stairs and the tumble down the stairs just never ends. He just keeps bouncing down the stairs in ever more comical ways. It's like a comedy routine, or it would be if the country's reputation and standing weren't at stake.
edit on 4-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Though it is true that so far the economy under Trump is largely intertwined with Obama's, Trump has already exceeded expectations, the same expectations that predicted nothing correctly.

Remember this?

Donald Trump's Economic Plands Would Destroy the U.S. economy

or this?

Analysts fear "volatile" economy - and perhaps recession - under Trump

or this?

Economists Warn of Global Recession Following Trump Victory

or this?

Analysis: Trump's plans would cause 'lengthy recession,' cost jobs

or this?

Why Donald Trump is Much More Likely to Bring on a Recession Than Clinton
edit on 4-8-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Trump still has 3 and a half years to make those predictions come true when his economic agenda is effect and not Obama's.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Trump still has 3 and a half years to make those predictions come true when his economic agenda is effect and not Obama's.

He's been in long enough to tell his presidency is a failure, but then again he hasn't been in long enough to tell whether he's been doing good. You should keep your answers straight.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I said he has plenty of time to crash the economy. Not whatever you just suggested. There you go putting words in my mouth again. So I guess we are done talking because its Friday and I don't feel like getting into another one of your debates where you willfully misinterpret everything I say.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What I find astonishing is that people believe our economy is improving. I had always thought it was an electronic ponzi scheme. When money is created out of thin air by simply issuing debt, that does not seem sustainable.

And even more puzzling is that with the fed fully in control of printing money (debt), the idea still exists that our president has much effect.

How have our food prices been doing since 2000? What are the packaging sizes doing that during that time? How about housing costs? How about insurance and medical costs? What about paychecks and raises?

The economy is improving?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

He's been in long enough to tell his presidency is a failure, but then again he hasn't been in long enough to tell whether he's been doing good. You should keep your answers straight.

I think the point was, if we were grading on the economy:

Obama: A
Trump: I

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I said he has plenty of time to crash the economy. Not whatever you just suggested. There you go putting words in my mouth again. So I guess we are done talking because its Friday and I don't feel like getting into another one of your debates where you willfully misinterpret everything I say.

You told me just yesterday that he's been in for 7 months, therefor we can measure the results. Now he hasn't been in long enough, therefore we cannot measure the results.

First you start talking to me and when I reply you want to stop. A little consistency in your life might do you some good.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

At what point does Obama's economy become Trump's?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

At what point does Obama's economy become Trump's?

I'm no economist, but I would guess when more of Trump's policies are directly impacting the economy than are Obama's. > 1 year? I'm thinking Trump would actually need to get some major legislative items accomplished first.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I think that's fair. Though I would argue that investors are at the moment enthusiastic about the current administration, and it is measurable.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I think that's fair. Though I would argue that investors are at the moment enthusiastic about the current administration, and it is measurable.

Hey, we agree on something!

But seriously, while I agree there is enthusiasm on wall street, the volatility of this administration in combination with overly enthusiastic investors scares the hell out of me and I could seriously see a big bubble bursting again under Trump.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: smarterthanyou

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: allsee4eye

Trump hasn't passed a single policy yet..

This is because of obamas policies..

Everyone knows the country is a few YEARS behind the president.. as his policies must be implemented then whatever consequences manifest..

Trump hasn't done ANYTHING to effect the economy.

Except pull us out of TPP, pull us out of Carbon Taxes, personally invite companies back into the US with incentives for bringing back money into the US, and plans on cutting taxes and repealing/replacing the meant-to-destroy-healthcare Obamacare/Insurancefraudcare. All of these already completed and projected plans have no effect on the economy? When our economy is so confidence driven? Look at the stock market. As the Fed tries their hardest to keep the economy down in an effort to stop the Trump recovery.

None of that has happened yet..

The TPP while crap for the American worker , would be a boon for those on the manufacturing end .. aka the stock market..

Your argument is "that people are soooo happy he is president. The economy is up.."

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is the stupidest thread I've read all day. First of all, this is still the Obama run and will go on for another year. Secondly, Trump has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but BS speeches saying that he'll grow the economy. The idiot can't even push through Obamacare reform nor tax reform. He's done squat for the economy.

The saddest part about this fake presidency is that he's spent more time covering his daily lies on Twitter than do anything substantively. Now, he goes on a 17 day vacation to play golf on top of the many days he's already taken off in his short 7 months of presidency. This guy is a joke on several levels.

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Unemployment down to 4.3%, lowest since 16 years ago. Trump cut regulations, enabling foreign investors to invest in infrastructure. With the upcoming tax reform later this year, I fully expect unemployment rate to drop below 4% before the end of next year.

The US economy added 209,000 jobs in July, more than expected, while the unemployment rate returned to a 16-year low of 4.3%, the Labor Department said in a report Friday.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Butterfinger

So being a bad businessman is better than not being a businessman. That's like arguing having bad credit is better than not having credit.

At least he has experience, yes.

I do agree with the credit analogy; bad credit can get you a car loan, no credit hampers the deal, if allowing any at all.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Of course investors are enthusiastic because they know Trump will sell out America to Wall Street more than Reagan ever did.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join