It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump officially better than Obama at economy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Really? Because I'm struggling to find any support for that claim. In fact Investopedia has him at the top of their list of "Millionaires With The Most Bankruptcies."

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Gryphon66

Faster economic growth. Lower unemployment rate. Less regulations means more investment in infrastructure.

Investment? In infrastructure? Just who do you think is going to ''invest'' in infrastructure? Investment is when someone with money puts that money in any certain project that promises a ''return'' on the investment. Joe, with money, takes a dollar and ''invests in little Lucy and her lemonade stand so that at the end of the day little Lucy will pay him back with two dollars.

The infrastructure is the man made physical support system for a civilization. Investors seldom if ever ''invest'' in the infrastructure as that investment would be a long long term, let me add another loooooong time for that return.

Infrastructure is paid for by taxes. The roads, the bridges the power grid etc. So any hope of improving our aging infrastructure will have to be accompanied with a readjustment of tax money.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Bush and Obama combined as some of the worst presidents either side has ever elected...twice. Bush with his tax cuts for the rich, bail outs, and un-funded wars. Obama with his continuation of Bush's policies coupled with his bail outs, extensions of welfare (foodstamp president) and his Obamacare.

Both are guilty of being bad presidents.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

The thing is it wasn't just the money he got from his dad. It was the fact that his father had already established the Trump name. How many of those people that randomly get a million dollars have the same benefit? I also have to wonder, how much of Trump's current wealth is his own and how much can be attributed to the death of his parents.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What's Trump actually de-regulated coal? Much anything else will take a long while...the banks for instance.
In any case, the stock market, 'economy' has been growing/regrowing steadily since the crash, nothing to do with Trump, while his present encumbrance of the WH might have set some pulses racing very recently for some, good news filtering in now, has nothing to to with Trump either.
So really, all he has enabled is for miners to go back into the filthy pits and destroy their lives eventually...so everybody is okay with that?...their choice...blah blah. Shame on congress for that...back to the stone age chaps.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Who are these said economists? Are they unbiased?

You do not need an unbiased economist to see this. Investors want a good return on their money, right? And investors want that return as quickly as possible so they can take that return and invest it again, right? Many investors want not only a good return but the best return possible, right?

So if we know what a bubble is (a sector of the economy that offers the biggest and fastest returns) we can see that investors will flock to that stock or whatever and flood it well past it's ability to offer sustained growth until "pop" the bubble bursts and those on the tail end of the bubble loose.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'd be more inclined to take the point of this thread if it could be demonstrated what specific actions of Trump's had supposedly caused this continuing growth, and particularly if it could be shown that this growth showed a real 'uptick' after Trump's inauguration.

Otherwise, the assumption has to be that this is just continuation of an existing trend, i.e., recovery that got underway during the Obama administration.

A national economy is best looked at as being like a supertanker. It has a very very wide turning circle, and if it is heading in one particular direction it takes time to slow it down - unless it, you know, crashes into something.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Trump hasn't passed a single policy yet..

This is because of obamas policies..

Everyone knows the country is a few YEARS behind the president.. as his policies must be implemented then whatever consequences manifest..

Trump hasn't done ANYTHING to effect the economy.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
Bush and Obama combined as some of the worst presidents either side has ever elected...twice. Bush with his tax cuts for the rich, bail outs, and un-funded wars. Obama with his continuation of Bush's policies coupled with his bail outs, extensions of welfare (foodstamp president) and his Obamacare.

Both are guilty of being bad presidents.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Can't say I was a fan of Bush but at least he was genuinely amusing and quite likeable , shame his pupetmasters turned him into a war criminal.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Everyone knows that the economy and other measurable s are YEARS behind a presidents actions...

Good AND bad anything happening right now is obamas and those who preceded hims fault..

Trumps impact won't even be gone to be felt until he is about to run again.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Sounds like a legit way to take credit for your successor.

Bush could easily say that he set the stage for Obama to come in and set things up for later admin...

What, by cratering the economy with what came very close to being Great Depression #2? Bush would have to have an ocean of chutzpah to claim that one!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Trump hasn't passed a single policy yet..

This is because of obamas policies..

Everyone knows the country is a few YEARS behind the president.. as his policies must be implemented then whatever consequences manifest..

Trump hasn't done ANYTHING to effect the economy.

Except pull us out of TPP, pull us out of Carbon Taxes, personally invite companies back into the US with incentives for bringing back money into the US, and plans on cutting taxes and repealing/replacing the meant-to-destroy-healthcare Obamacare/Insurancefraudcare. All of these already completed and projected plans have no effect on the economy? When our economy is so confidence driven? Look at the stock market. As the Fed tries their hardest to keep the economy down in an effort to stop the Trump recovery.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This has been posted before.

This is going to come as a revolutionary shock and my comment will be (conveniently) ignored, but each and every summer....

.... people get summer jobs. Students that aren't in class. Teachers who pick up a summer job. Stay at home moms who pick up a summer gig.

This literally happens each and every summer.

Only the willfully ignorant attribute this to any politician.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I never said unemployment numbers are fake. I think Obama did a great job improving the economy after Bush. This doesn't take away the fact that Trump is better than Obama at economy.

How is Trump better than Obama at "economy"? Exactly?

Successful business owner.

Obama made his money from GParents setting him up for success(thanks to white privilege) and becoming a lawyer to charge for more rather than producing.

So it was Obama's GP's that gave him the scholarships that enabled him to go to good colleges? Compared to Obama
Trump had everything given to him on a silver platter. Btw Trump is the poster child of white privilege.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Those that have an inkling of how things work will wait until next year to make claims on how successful or unsuccessful Trumps administration has been on the economy.

Anyone who claims the current economy is the result of Trump's policies is either dishonest or stupid.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I never said unemployment numbers are fake. I think Obama did a great job improving the economy after Bush. This doesn't take away the fact that Trump is better than Obama at economy.

How is Trump better than Obama at "economy"? Exactly?

Successful business owner.

Obama made his money from GParents setting him up for success(thanks to white privilege) and becoming a lawyer to charge for more rather than producing.

Lolololol first time I've ever seen Obama's success being attributed to white privilege.

Do you not see the irony in this post?

So, it's bad for Obama's while privilege (lololol) enabling his grandparents to assist him in life.... I'm genuinely curious.

I wonder if you feel the same about Trump's white privilege and his familial/oligarchal connections that enabled him to become successful?

Dumbest post of the day

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Unemployment down to 4.3%, lowest since 16 years ago. Trump cut regulations, enabling foreign investors to invest in infrastructure. With the upcoming tax reform later this year, I fully expect unemployment rate to drop below 4% before the end of next year.

The US economy added 209,000 jobs in July, more than expected, while the unemployment rate returned to a 16-year low of 4.3%, the Labor Department said in a report Friday.

www.businessinsider.com...

You do realize that the economy doesn't shift overnight right? The positive economy is a result of work done over the last 4-6 years which reflects today. By acknowledging the economy improvement you are crediting the previous administration.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Butterfinger

So we'll just ignore Trump's multiple bankruptcies compared to Obama's zero? Or the fact that Trump's money originally came from his father? Or the fact that with even basic investments Trump would be richer today than he actually is? Seems to me that Trump is actually terrible at the economy but thanks to his family's wealth he had a number of safety nets.

Cant lose at business if you dont do business.

Talk about family wealth, Obama never went without anything. He has more white privilege than I or anyone I know have had.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Nothing wrong with it at all, just ironic that as a race-baiter that has set back relations decades, he was raised as a white man, and benefited as such.

When did he have hard times?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join