It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump officially better than Obama at economy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Who are these said economists? Are they unbiased?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

What policies has he put in place that attribute the rise to Trump ?
Plus the devil is in the detail...

The leisure and hospitality industry added 62,000 jobs last month, or nearly one in every three jobs created, led by restaurants

The service sector tends to be part time and low wage.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

What does "better at the economy" even mean? Trump is drafting off the recovery that began under Obama.

What regulations have been "slashed" to drive economic growth? What are policies that have been put in place that affect the economy? What are some examples of a causal relationship between something that Trump did and economic growth?

Why can't economic growth be tied to the republican fumbling health care reform? The markets sure rose after the senate vote debacle. Perhaps the market likes the certainty of the ACA staying in place? It's a good an answer as any that attributes anything to Trump.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I like it better when you stick to your blatantly racist propaganda threads.

At least those wind up where they belong.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Gryphon66

Faster economic growth. Lower unemployment rate. Less regulations means more investment in infrastructure.

And these things were affected by Trump in what way? Is his hyperbole that powerful?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeah, but Obama was officially better than Trump at foodstamping!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Unemployment numbers dropped under Obama because of unemployment running out after he extended the benefits. Trump is literally kicking ass and taking names on the economy. He knows what he's doing because he knows the types of laws and taxes that kept him from investing more in his businesses. Obama was an under qualified citizen, senator, and president. Period.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm really wondering when these pointless, 4 year old mentality threads will finally end.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Whatever one thinks of Obama, he inherited one of the worst economies in American history from Bush….And over his administration it got better, not great but survivable.

Trump inherited a relatively good economy from Obama.

And as of yet, only a few months in, he doesn’t have any fingerprints yet on the macro economy, so it’s a little premature to gauge his effect.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I'm really wondering when these pointless, 4 year old mentality threads will finally end.

When we grow up

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

When we grow up

So, never?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

So we'll just ignore Trump's multiple bankruptcies compared to Obama's zero? Or the fact that Trump's money originally came from his father? Or the fact that with even basic investments Trump would be richer today than he actually is? Seems to me that Trump is actually terrible at the economy but thanks to his family's wealth he had a number of safety nets.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

There's only a few more weeks in summer vacation. We tend to see the number of blatant troll threads die down when the kiddies are back in school. As for the political sniping that's probably going to stick around until the owners realize the Mud Pit is a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Obama was not a businessman. 4 bankruptcies for a billionaire is a very good record.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1

Obama was significantly better than Trump at being President , not official just opinion.

The way things are going it may turn out that Bush was significantly better than Trump at being President ... who would have thought that.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Bush was not responsible for bad economy. It was the Democrat controlled Congress that sabotaged the economy to blame Bush for it.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

When we grow up

So, never?

Wisdom and folly always will find its own level

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: Maverick1

Obama was significantly better than Trump at being President , not official just opinion.

The way things are going it may turn out that Bush was significantly better than Trump at being President ... who would have thought that.

I really miss Bush.

How the world turns to punch you in the face, am I right?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Butterfinger

So we'll just ignore Trump's multiple bankruptcies compared to Obama's zero? Or the fact that Trump's money originally came from his father? Or the fact that with even basic investments Trump would be richer today than he actually is? Seems to me that Trump is actually terrible at the economy but thanks to his family's wealth he had a number of safety nets.

If you gave everyone American 1 million dollars. I'd be willing to wager that 24/25 would squander it off and be back to living the same lifestyle they had before getting the money. Trump got money from his dad...boohoo for you but he turned it into a brand the world knows. How many people inherit money and land from their family every day only to lose it within a few years? I know it happens here in Arkansas ALL THE TIME.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Willtell

Bush was not responsible for bad economy. It was the Democrat controlled Congress that sabotaged the economy to blame Bush for it.

And pigs fly on the moon in April and may

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join