It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump officially better than Obama at economy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Unemployment down to 4.3%, lowest since 16 years ago. Trump cut regulations, enabling foreign investors to invest in infrastructure. With the upcoming tax reform later this year, I fully expect unemployment rate to drop below 4% before the end of next year.

The US economy added 209,000 jobs in July, more than expected, while the unemployment rate returned to a 16-year low of 4.3%, the Labor Department said in a report Friday.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Can we at least wait a year or two before claiming he's doing a good or bad job?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Why?

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
We're still living in an Obama economy. Also, what happened to unemployment numbers not meaning anything. We kept hearing that throughout Obama's administration when he was leading the country to one of, if not the, longest periods of sustained economic growth.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Can we at least wait a year or two before claiming he's doing a good or bad job?

Too late for such reason!

Engines are already full steam, cant stop this infighting train now.
edit on 842017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I never said unemployment numbers are fake. I think Obama did a great job improving the economy after Bush. This doesn't take away the fact that Trump is better than Obama at economy.
edit on 4-8-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
"better at economy"

BRAWNDO. It's what plants CRAVE.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
We're still living in an Obama economy. Also, what happened to unemployment numbers not meaning anything. We kept hearing that throughout Obama's administration when he was leading the country to one of, if not the, longest periods of sustained economic growth.

This.

And this again.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

I never said unemployment numbers are fake. I think Obama did a great job improving the economy after Bush. This doesn't take away the fact that Trump is better than Obama at economy.

How is Trump better than Obama at "economy"? Exactly?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Sounds like a legit way to take credit for your successor.

Bush could easily say that he set the stage for Obama to come in and set things up for later admin...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The US takes in millions of immigrants every year. Economy growth under Obama was too slow, slower than population growth, which meant living standards deteriorated under Obama.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Faster economic growth. Lower unemployment rate. Less regulations means more investment in infrastructure.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

He was more successful in the economy as a private citizen than Obama...So how is he not better at the economy?

link   
It started shortly after Trump won the election in Nov. and has continuously and steadily gone up up up. It is obvious he knows what he's doing, and if the Congress (including the Dem-wits) would get on board with the program, our economy and job growth would skyrocket!!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

So far economy is OK, medical is a goat screw.

Let's give if 36 months before we start naming our new borns Trump.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Successful business owner.

Obama made his money from GParents setting him up for success(thanks to white privilege) and becoming a lawyer to charge for more rather than producing.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Whew! This is Comedy Gold!!!

Trump rides Obama's coat tails and starts off with the recovering and largely recovered economy. The Reps handed off crap to Obama, called The Great Recession, and you want to claim Trump is better?

HAHAHAHAHAAAA (insert five minutes of gasping belly laughs here)

Hardly a fair comparison regarding what each began with, no?

But this isn't about a fair and reasoned argument, really, is it? This is about cheerleading. So go on with your bad self and wave your Trump flag high.

Enjoy.

edit on 4-8-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: playtime
a reply to: Bluntone22

Why?

To get a realistic view of things.

Not a strong suit of your side, I know.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Typical Trumpite! Takes credit for Obama's wins and blames Obama for Trump's losses.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Many economists actually think the slower economic growth under Obama was a good thing. Fast economic growth leads to bubbles. Slow economic growth allows it to be sustained over a longer period of time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join