It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boss tells state workers: Kick ICE out of California labor offices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If federal officers are in the ACTIVE PROCESS of enforcing a specific investigation, anyone that interferes with that investigation can be arrested and go to federal prison for quite a few years. Tread carefully upon your PC wet dreams lest reality of Bubba as your cell-mate for the next 5 years makes his wet dream come true.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: InsaneIthorian

You try and sell off my neighbours, of any race or religion, and you and I will be having a problem together, of that you can rest assured.

Ummm...well...he did say swap...not sell...

But no thank you to either swapping or selling...just the same...

YouSir

Shame....the UK could do with some mexicans.... not enough good Mexican food places here!

You are onto something! $$$$$$

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

States do not set immigration status or laws. It's a Federal issue. Its Not like the laws changed Jan 20th, we are just now actually enforcing existing laws on the books.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Completely agree. They should all be sent back home.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Excuse me but I don't follow.

You're effectively saying that "the government" can come in at any time and stick their nose into anything they want?

Is that right?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Conservatives now favoring the Feds over states rights. Amazing....

There is no right to allow illegal immigrants into the country. Immigration is now and always has been the purview of the federal government.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: tadaman

Excuse me but I don't follow.

You're effectively saying that "the government" can come in at any time and stick their nose into anything they want?

Is that right?

Within reasonable limits. This is Government agents (Federal) doing their job on government property (State). Not allowing this is an attempt to prevent the law from being enforced in a reasonable way because the goal is to prevent the law from being enforced at all.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
STATES RIGHTS!! SCREW THE FEDS!!

Isn't that the standard response here?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
STATES RIGHTS!! SCREW THE FEDS!!

Isn't that the standard response here?

States rights to the things deemed State responsibilities. Immigration has always been Federal. As long as the agents are there sticking their nose in FEDERAL matters, and not STATE matters, then things are working as they should.

Right?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

States rights to the things deemed State responsibilities. Immigration has always been Federal. As long as the agents are there sticking their nose in FEDERAL matters, and not STATE matters, then things are working as they should.

Cannabis is still a federal crime...you ok with the feds moving in and shutting down the industry in a state that has legalized it?

edit on 6-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Cannibals is still a federal crime...you ok with the feds moving in and shutting down the industry in a state that has legalized it?

Can you stay on topic, which is immigration. What did the feds do wrong here? How are States rights being infringed?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Cannibals is still a federal crime...you ok with the feds moving in and shutting down the industry in a state that has legalized it?
What State allows cannibalism? I think I want to avoid those States. Are there restaurants and shops specializing in that cuisine? Does the state health Dept at least certify them?
edit on 6-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

What State allows cannibalism? I think I want to avoid those States. Are there restaurants and shops specializing in that cuisine? Does the state health Dept at least certify them?
You took the bait and went off topic.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: pavil

You took the bait and went off topic.

...and you took my bait and got off topic. Can't even interject humor . It's not like there is much of a topic to get off of.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
While you two stay silly, answer the question....

Do States have rights over what they deem to be in their best intrest, or is it ok if the feds just make up the rules as they go along?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Do States have rights over what they deem to be in their best intrest, or is it ok if the feds just make up the rules as they go along?

Maybe neither.

Whiskey talks louder than beer.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

States have rights spelled out or inferred by the Constitution. Immigration policy and border enforcement is a federal domain. Link

Many, but not all, state laws addressing immigration are preempted by federal law. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that the federal government has broad and exclusive power to regulate immigration, preempting state and local laws that also attempt to do so. In this context, state regulation of immigration means a state law or local ordinance that makes a determination of who should or should not be admitted into the country and the conditions under which a legal entrant may remain. State laws that tangentially affect immigration, such as employment licensing laws that can be revoked for violations of federal immigration laws, are expressly permissible.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Yes, they have rights. Immigration is not one of their rights. So if federal agents are there on federal business doing their proper and legal job and not interfering in State matters, why does Cali have a problem with that?

States should be allowed to do their job, and the federal government it's job as defined in the Constitution ... right?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I disagree strongly.

If ICE wanted to do it's job. Then it should get a subpoena so that it could investigate the business it thinks has illegals.

Why would ICE need to be in on a meeting about labor? I see 0 reasons as to why they should be there. 0.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: InsaneIthorian

No dice, I'd rather keep the Mexicans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join