It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions unveiling leak crackdown on heels of transcript bombshell

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Answer me this; Why is it that when a Trump makes a statement declaring that the president of Mexico told him something specific in a telephone conversation, it only becomes an "illegal leak" when someone else responds by releasing the actual transcript that proves Trump is lying?

So it's NOT a leak when Donald lies about telephone conversations, but it IS a leak when someone provides the truth regarding the very same conversation. Or, as in the case with the Boy Scouts of America, the other person says the conversation never took place.

Maybe if Trump weren't such a goddamn liar, the truth wouldn't be such a problem for him.

Trump is a total fraud and and the more he lies, the more he's gonna get exposed for the whole world to see.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

The President is not bound by any classification, except in relation to information covered by the atomic energy act.
Hope that helps you.
edit on 4/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The President is not bound by any classification, except in relation to information covered by the atomic energy act.
Hope that helps you.

And how do you know that the "leakers" aren't Mexican and Australian respectively. I mean it's only logical that people in their governments would have transcripts of the conversations as well.

As foreign nationals, I doubt they'd be bound by U.S. law either.

All I can say is that it's awfully pathetic to watch our President going around telling lies on literally everyone he interacts with and then turn around and try to prosecute them for proving that he's a pathological liar.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

Answer me this; Why is it that when a Trump makes a statement declaring that the president of Mexico told him something specific in a telephone conversation, it only becomes an "illegal leak" when someone else responds by releasing the actual transcript that proves Trump is lying?

So it's NOT a leak when Donald lies about telephone conversations, but it IS a leak when someone provides the truth regarding the very same conversation. Or, as in the case with the Boy Scouts of America, the other person says the conversation never took place.

Maybe if Trump weren't such a goddamn liar, the truth wouldn't be such a problem for him.

Trump is a total fraud and and the more he lies, the more he's gonna get exposed for the whole world to see.

Do you really think Trump is alone on the Lying Sack of Sh*t Presidential Bandwagon?

Wake the f*** up.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

Do you really think Trump is alone on the Lying Sack of Sh*t Presidential Bandwagon?

Wake the f*** up.

I can tell you this; In my 61 yrs on this earth, I never witnessed a more frequent and prolific liar than Donald Trump is proving to be and I'm talking about in all walks of life, not just limited to past presidential examples.

Even if he doesn't accomplish anything else, Donald Trump will go down as the most documented liar in presidential history.

Donald Trump is a textbook example of what it means to be a pathological liar.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I think the worst was Hillary and Bill Clinton.

Trump at least has good reasons that seem to elude many people that don't "get it" yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

Wake the f*** up.

I can tell you this; In my 61 yrs on this earth, I never witnessed a more frequent and prolific liar than Donald Trump is proving to be and I'm talking about in all walks of life, not just limited to past presidential examples.

Even if he doesn't accomplish anything else, Donald Trump will go down as the most documented liar in presidential history.

I'm an old woman myself. Clinton and Obama were worse with Nixon a distant third.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You have got to be kidding!!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You have got to be kidding!!

Sadly, no he's not kidding.

Some people actually believe things.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

They all talk the same damn way, but only Trump is the pathological lair...lol You ever knowing lie in your life...guess you are a pathological liar too. One liar cost us 1000s of lives and trillions of dollars, another liar only did 8 things of their long list of promises in 8 years, oh and you can keep your doctor, oh you will be able to afford it, oh we will make Washington transparent etc etc... And now we have one that said the boy scouts called and most likely they didn't....right up there I guess...

edit on 4-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think Bush was more a huge intelligence failure. Not just his, but the alphabets as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The really big news from Sessions press conference is that he is going after the media - about time. So long overdue.
Subpoena powers are going to be used against journalists and they will face jail if they do not reveal their sources into leaks they publish of classified information - that seems to be where he is going and it is vital he follows through on it.

Looking forward to the first journalist on trial and being cuffed and sent to jail if they refuse to give up their source.

Obama used the espionage act against reporters associated with leaks.

A few times more than any other prez.

I won't be surprised if it's used again.

The left would explode if that happens.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

They all talk the same damn way, but only Trump is the pathological lair...lol You ever knowing lie in your life...guess you are a pathological liar too. One liar cost us 1000s of lives and trillions of dollars, another liar only did 8 things of their long list of promises in 8 years, oh and you can keep your doctor, oh you will be able to afford it, oh we will make Washington transparent etc etc... And now we have one that said the boy scouts called and most likely they didn't....right up there I guess...

I never said that all lies are equal and I didn't mean to imply that at all. Sorry if some of you took it that way.

I was mainly talking about the frequency at which Trump lies. He reminds me of Tommy Flanagan in the pathological liar skit on SNL.

I realize that some lies are much worse than others and have the potential to cost both, lives & treasure. Hell, many of our wars were based on lies, from the Gulf of Tonkin to the WMDs in Iraq.

And.....It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that when you have someone occupying the White House who is as prolific a liar as Donald Trump is, it's only a matter of time before one or more of his lies also comes with a deadly price tag.

You know, the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Trump is exactly like Tommy Flanagan on SNL.

While they may be superficial lies, they're nothing but lies and I'm not convinced that one can't be any less dangerous than the other.

Especially when that Liar In Chief is also our Commander In Chief who has possession of our nuclear launch codes.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

While they may be superficial lies, they're nothing but lies and I'm not convinced that one can't be any less dangerous than the other.

Especially when that Liar In Chief is also our Commander In Chief who has possession of our nuclear launch codes.

Could you imagine if all politicians had the same porous flood of information that seems to inflict Trump? I think Trump is a showman, and that isn't saying it is good or bad, but he will put on the show. Behind that curtain I see a different person, one who really is trying to do good on his promises. Now is his communication skills affecting his abilities to lead, yep. Is the media/Hollywood good chunk of the country out to get him even entered office, yep. Can he actually do better things for the country than the last President, or at least fulfill a good number of his promises, yep. I think his biggest problem is he is way to reactionary to a lot of crap and he is not use to that.

edit on 4-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen I haven't had the chance yet to read what the announcement was, but it makes me sick that they are always so determined to "stop the leaking" then look the other way from the crimes that had been leaked!!

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Could you imagine if all politicians had the same porous flood of information that seems to inflict Trump? I think Trump is a showman, and that isn't saying it is good or bad, but he will put on the show. Behind that curtain I see a different person, one who really is trying to do good on his promises. Now is his communication skills affecting his abilities to lead, yep. Is the media/Hollywood good chunk of the country out to get him even entered office, yep. Can he actually do better things for the country than the last President, or at least fulfill a good number of his promises, yep. I think his biggest problem is he is way to reactionary to a lot of crap and he is not use to that.

I'm afraid you give Trump far too much credit.

Donald Trump's problems are NOT the result of unjustified attacks from political opponents but rather they are of his own making. Much like his son Don Jr., he is his own worst enemy.

You are right about him being a showman though. Problem is, it's all a big show with the sole purpose of maintaining a false image of success, honesty and prosperity around Trump.

But it's all a great big lie! Donald Trump is a fake and a fraud from top to bottom whose only concern is maintaining his false image.

It should also be noted that he has passed these same traits down to his children as well. Remember Ivanka's little talk about how perceptions are so much more important than truth?

Truth be told, Donald Trump is totally unqualified and incompetent for the position he currently occupies and he is a danger to this nation and the world.

Even a blind man couldn't help but see that Donald Trump is a mentally unbalanced and completely self absorbed.

Make no mistake about it, Trump is NOT concerned with making America great again and he wouldn't know the first thing about doing so even if he was.

Trump's only concern in life and his only concern now is to maintain or enhance his own public image and nothing more.

Trump is a total fraud whose house of cards is crumbling all around him and he's far too stupid to realize that he's in this thing way over his head.

So he continues to do what he's always done, which is to tell lie upon lie in a futile attempt to outrun the truth.

What an epic idiot!
edit on 5-8-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Hope that helps you.

And how do you know that the "leakers" aren't Mexican and Australian respectively. I mean it's only logical that people in their governments would have transcripts of the conversations as well.

All I can say is that it's awfully pathetic to watch our President going around telling lies on literally everyone he interacts with and then turn around and try to prosecute them for proving that he's a pathological liar.

Regardless of your feelings, your comparison between the President revealing something in a meeting and an authorised leak was a poor one, which is why I wanted to help you understand.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Hope that helps you.

Regardless of your feelings, your comparison between the President revealing something in a meeting and an authorised leak was a poor one, which is why I wanted to help you understand.

No, it wasn't a poor one. If anything it's spot on.

It's much the same as Trump attempting to claim executive privilege over Comey discussing what Trump said at their meeting, when it was Trump who bought it up in the first place.

Even though it may not be illegal activity, it is without a doubt, pathetically hypocritical behavior unbecoming of a POTUS.

I'll guarantee you this much, if Trump went around telling lies about me and I had proof that he was lying, it's coming out! I don't give a s#*t if it's classified or not.

If he didn't want the truth to come out, he should quit spouting off lies about other people just to pump up his own false sense of superiority.

If Trump tells a lie on you and you expose the lie for what it is, that's not leaking, that's called standing your ground.

As far as I'm concerned, once Trump opens the door by lying about a what someone said at a meeting or in a phone call, it's no longer a protected conversation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join