It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions unveiling leak crackdown on heels of transcript bombshell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ozarkdang
a reply to: xuenchen
Good post...
I sure hope there is a plan here. The media simply cannot run a rogue government in the shadows.

It seems a sensible route to shut off the publishing of classified information - a "journalist" if in receipt of such information will then have to make the call on whether they are prepared to go to jail.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Im off the cuff here a bit, but If all else fails...as it appears it is doing...Then Trump and Putin to stand up and tell the world what exactly is going on!!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Who can/will enforce the law in that case?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ozarkdang

Anyone else find it interesting that Trump was at FEMA this AM...before the "nothing" briefing??

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ozarkdang

Maybe Im reading more in to that than appropriate, but in current climate do NOT discount anything.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I would have thought it was quite simple - the journalist who publishes the leak is asked to provide the name of the source and the communications as evidence.
If he/she complies, then the leaker is identified and arrested. If the journalist refuses he/she is arrested and charged.
That would make sense.
edit on 4/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Possessing or transmitting classified Intel is a felony for gov employees correct?

Are the laws diff for civi News repeaters?
Wouldn't that be treason or espionage?

I'm not sure the specs on the laws...
when's the last time anyone went down for this?
Other than Reality Winner 👍
edit on 4-8-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I would have thought it was quite simple - the journalist who publishes the leak is asked to provide the name of the source and the communications as evidence.
If he/she complies, then the leaker is identified and arrested. If the journalist refuses he/she is arrested and charged.
That would make sense.

Not saying this about the current admin but:

That sounds good on paper but what happens when a government is filled with corruption and it is covered up forever. Whistle blowers take the hit.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Apologies all...I am new to this site. I will always post good and complete thoughts, but still learning my way and im on a slow connection right now. Pardon my rookie behavior, please.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: xuenchen

Others are happy about the leaks because they automatically believe all the information is real and true.

If it's not real and true, how the hell could you call it a leak?

"False Equivalencies"

Made up stories.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

That would make sense.

Not saying this about the current admin but:

That sounds good on paper but what happens when a government is filled with corruption and it is covered up forever. Whistle blowers take the hit.

Have you listened to the press conference? The legal avenues for whistle blowing were outlined.
If there are people who have access to classified information that really is something that should be revealed they have several options to bring it to light.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"We will find you"

"We will prosecute you"

lets roll!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The point being that there are secrets for security and then secrets to cover up.

Whistle blowers haven't done well because many see them as traitors. Transparency in government isn't that great when it comes to real issues.

I, like many, are tired of the BS and corruption. Do I think it will change any times soon, of course not. It's built into the system.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The really big news from Sessions press conference is that he is going after the media - about time. So long overdue.
Subpoena powers are going to be used against journalists and they will face jail if they do not reveal their sources into leaks they publish of classified information - that seems to be where he is going and it is vital he follows through on it.

Looking forward to the first journalist on trial and being cuffed and sent to jail if they refuse to give up their source.

I vote Racheal Madcow Maddow first!!

LOCK HER UP!!!

Actually wait...giving her access to a closed off facility full of other butch woman??? Scratch that..

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The point being that there are secrets for security and then secrets to cover up.

Whistle blowers haven't done well because many see them as traitors. Transparency in government isn't that great when it comes to real issues.

I, like many, are tired of the BS and corruption. Do I think it will change any times soon, of course not. It's built into the system.

The proper procedure for whistleblowing protects the source.
The problems for leakers only starts when they use unauthorised channels.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Never said it wasn't! If this administration clamps down on leaks or whistleblowers, we won't have people in government who will put their morals and the need for honesty above party loyalty. They certainly won't take a chance on exposing corruption. These people are the true patriots of this country. They believe in informing the American public of government dishonesty and corruption over their personal concerns of risking losing their jobs!

There will always be corruption, but if you create laws to silence and persecute whistleblowers, you're only creating a government that will have no concern or worries if they decide to engage in lies and corruption. Obama attacked and pursued more whistle-blowers than any other president who held office. The depth of NSA spying would never have been exposed if it wasn't for Snowden! The guy was threatened and was forced to find refuge from persecution in Russia. It certainly doesn't sound like we live in a country "for and by the people" if our own government wants to persecute citizens who want to expose government illegally stepping on innocent citizen's rights not to be spied upon.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The problem is leakers think they are bullet proof. A few multi-shoot Arkancides and botched robberies should put the fear of god in the rest.

Could also reduce the number of humans and rely more on computers, AI and automation for the day to day operation of the Government. Bring forward some of the DARPA autonomous toys.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So exposing how Trump played his followers like a bunch of chumps is a matter of national security? That was common knowledge to the people that didn't support Trump.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
So exposing how Trump played his followers like a bunch of chumps is a matter of national security? That was common knowledge to the people that didn't support Trump.

according to trump acolytes here.

no doubt they have their fingers crossed he gives out brown uniforms to those that accept only his lies.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Personally, I think Bannon is the leaker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join