It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions unveiling leak crackdown on heels of transcript bombshell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Here is the thing you right wingers are completely missing. All I hear is the leaking is illegal, the leaking is illegal. Well no # Sherlock, of course its illegal.

The point you are all missing is that the leaks are a plea for help...........FROM REPUBLICANS WITHIN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!! This administration is so ass backwards and completely disfunctional that this is the only way people can get attention on matters that are destroying our government.

Between his criminal acts and his repulsive right wing hate agenda, Trump is truly a lame duck president already and he hasn't been in office for a year yet.

It is actually extremely funny reading the comments from you right wing idiots that continue to defend this orange baffoon. All of you are completely ignorant and have no idea what you are talking about.

At one point, you have to take a step back and realize that you are in a cult. You ever wonder how Scientology survives the way it does....it's because they have people just like you that have been indoctronized to worship a false god. Sit on that for a minute right wingers.

They aren't pleas for help, they are whiners that are still upset Hillary didn't get in office. Like she was going to be some outstanding president or something. I'd also like to see proof of these criminal acts Trump has been directly part of. I here that claim all the time, backed up with do your own research when asking for proof. Just take a look at the poster right below you and you get the perfect example of what we deal with when trying to talk to most people that lean left on this site. One liners that do nothing but try and troll.

When you can't refer to the President as the president or his name, I automatically think a bias ass post is on its way. Just like your orange buffoon comment. Anyone that leans left or right could be considered in a cult based on your observation. It seems the ignorance is rearing its ugly head numerous times in your post. Now onto your right winger comment. I voted for Obama the first term, was completely upset with his lies and decided to vote Trump this time. What label you got for me?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If you don't have leaks in government, than corruption in government would be rampant. It's the type of leaks which should be clarified. Proving our president or representatives are lying certainly isn't a risk to national security when it's not a classified secret. This is simply exposing the character and dishonesty of an elected official.

Without whistleblowers, and leakers, our government would not be accountable to it's citizens in which it serves.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yeah, but even the Democrats are upset about this one.

This is bipartisan crying foul.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

When the leaked info is the actual call from the President it's pretty easy to believe, as it's his voice and his words.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

When the leaked info is the actual call from the President it's pretty easy to believe, as it's his voice and his words.

They are pretty good at editing audio and video these days.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sessions announces hunt for leakers, says cases have 'exploded'

Session said criminals who have leaked classified information are “being investigated and will be prosecuted.” He added that four people have already been charged with leaking classified material and related counts, and investigations have tripled.

Sessions said he has directed Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and new FBI Director Christopher Wray to oversee all classified leak investigations and actively monitor the progress.

Does anybody know who the four charged individuals are ?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
To stop the leaks they need to get the WH in some semblance of unity. It's a cluster **** with no honor and no mutual respect by anyone.
Everyone jockeying for position and using leaked info as leverage.
edit on 4-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Session said criminals who have leaked classified information are “being investigated and will be prosecuted.” He added that four people have already been charged with leaking classified material and related counts, and investigations have tripled.

Sessions said he has directed Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and new FBI Director Christopher Wray to oversee all classified leak investigations and actively monitor the progress.

Reality Leigh Winner is one.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Arent you supposed to be preparing for cessation? What do you care?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha

At one point, you have to take a step back and realize that you are in a cult. You ever wonder how Scientology survives the way it does....it's because they have people just like you that have been indoctronized to worship a false god. Sit on that for a minute right wingers.

The guy that believes there are 5 genders and supports racial discrimination against people with yellow skin and claims not to be racist tells me that I'm in a cult.. Buddy, someone's in a cult and it's not us.

Trump may not be perfect. But at the end of the day, I'm left with Republicans that want to repeal the Civil Rights Act, are another Bush, or are religious kooks.. or Democrats that are another Clinton or support institutionalized racial discrimination against me (part Asian).
edit on 8/4/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/4/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Others are happy about the leaks because they automatically believe all the information is real and true.

If it's not real and true, how the hell could you call it a leak?

link   

Is that really true ? I wondered why the story of her seemed to fade away.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

That information...hasn't been leaked yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The leaking will not be stopped until the level of distrust between Trump and those around him rises to acceptable levels. It really is just that simple. Lock up all the people you want. Leaks aren't stopping.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
If you don't have leaks in government, than corruption in government would be rampant. It's the type of leaks which should be clarified. Proving our president or representatives are lying certainly isn't a risk to national security when it's not a classified secret. This is simply exposing the character and dishonesty of an elected official.

Without whistleblowers, and leakers, our government would not be accountable to it's citizens in which it serves.

AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You're making a joke right? Like corruption has not been rampant for decades? Government accountable to citizens?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Leaks in our government have been around since before the Declaration of Independence was signed.

In fact it's been done so often, that I'm pretty sure "leaking" is policy in many respects.

I think what you guys object to, is leaks that show the WH isn't performing up to standards and is in the midst of a platform of denial, misdirection and outright lies.

But good on Sessions...if he lasts. It seems the more praise that is heaped on one's shoulders is the kiss of death in this administration.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yeah, but even the Democrats are upset about this one.

This is bipartisan crying foul.

True, and that is significant. Even the Dems agree that the president needs to be able to have confidential conversations with other world leaders.

I'm thinking the leakers just poked the bear one too many times...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The really big news from Sessions press conference is that he is going after the media - about time. So long overdue.
Subpoena powers are going to be used against journalists and they will face jail if they do not reveal their sources into leaks they publish of classified information - that seems to be where he is going and it is vital he follows through on it.

Looking forward to the first journalist on trial and being cuffed and sent to jail if they refuse to give up their source.

edit on 4/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Good post...
I sure hope there is a plan here. The media simply cannot run a rogue government in the shadows.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ozarkdang
Good post...
I sure hope there is a plan here. The media simply cannot run a rogue government in the shadows.

They have for quite some time now...
what do you propose?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join