It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your opinion where does Canada stand if there is a WW3

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
and that was funny

Can hear y'r Cartoon Charater saying it

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

how many day's t'a hockey start?...they should have some promotional thing....counting down the days

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't know nothing from anything on who would win ....but don't they have WAR GAMES with eachother? Navy etc.?.......who usually wins? They must have the results some where?

But again it comes down 2.....we'z got' backup

Dont' forget Cuba.....he's got a soft spot for Canada.....he loved one of our great Canadian Leaders.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

link   

Originally posted by Darth Tinku
(1) Ever heard of "purchasing power parity...

Yes, and that multi trillion dollar advantage is in RELATIVE dollars. Seriously, the US DoD budget has been greater then the next 10-50 countries behind it COMBINED for over half a CENTURY.

(2) Again, you attack Canada, you lose your Best and really only Friend. Even China, Russia and India would save us if you tried something very illogical. WE would have to share our resources with them but it would be a smaller price to pay.

Our best and only friend? Well, I am sorry, but if we NEED water for our people, and our 'friend' is unwilling to share, they are not such a 'friend' now are they?

And as I said, Russia, China, and everyone else would sit by with their tails between their legs. What makes you think Russia and China want to take a thousand nukes to the chin over Canada? Even if they were willing, it wouldn't matter - they don't have the logistics, nor the military power if they did, to bring what would need to be an army of at LEAST 30 million soldiers to the other side of the world.

And lets assume they did have all of that... They would STILL have to go through the US Navy, which by it's self would defeat Russia, China, India, and any other power that you think might try and come to your aid.

But again, this will never happen, so sleep well. I won't be stealing any of your water.

And BTW, I love hockey as well. My Flyers shall hoist the Cup again with the help of Forsberg!

link   
BACK ON TOPIC......

If WW3 broke out we would be doing what we have always done and supported and fought along side our allies. As I am sure every nation will.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Canada will always have ice for y'a....it's y'rz 2

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

Uhm.....don't Phili have a few Canadian on th'r team

and any hoisting gon'a be here in Toronto

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I agree with the majority here.Canada,is for Canada.Let alone if a war broke out,Canada is already making life hard for the US as it is.It raised all truck fees going and coming from the border and offers little help in stopping illegal drugs coming across.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
svenglezz, cup is coming to ottawa, not T.O..last time you guys got lucky

Originally posted by American Mad Man
And lets assume they did have all of that... They would STILL have to go through the US Navy, which by it's self would defeat Russia, China, India, and any other power that you think might try and come to your aid.

BOLD FACED LIE

Don't think so, you guys are having trouble containing iraq, try facing the BRIC army with technology and shields bought from you. All nulcear countries with unkown total stockpiles, only est* and there manpower at least 2 times the size of the US. While other countries have left your circle of power and formed more powerful ones. Checkmate.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Darth Tinku]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

You're right...this thread is beginning to border on senseless (pun intended)...If America was invaded, you can count on the fact that Canadians would be there dying in the effort to save American lives.

In case you sword swinging, breast beating thermonuclear weapon tossing *expletives* missed it...this was on topic and the way it will go.

As to those who are thumping their chests about our resources, no one ever in this thread said canada would not share them in the event they were needed...but you will have to pay for them...it's the American way.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by svenglezz
Canada will always have ice for y'a....it's y'rz 2

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

Uhm.....don't Phili have a few Canadian on th'r team

and any hoisting gon'a be here in Toronto

As I said, I would be shocked if there were ever any kind of serious political agression beween our nations, much less military agression.

As for Canadians on the Flyers - of course we have a few. Gagne is probably my favorite. However, down here we are STILL bitter about trading Forsberg (and all those draft picks/players) for Lindros... He was such a flop

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hmmm...on that hockey sidenote...I think it's going to be anybody's season.
That lay-up is going to cause some interesting changes. I can't see the Leafs being a threat, though...even Domi was floored he got picked to play again. Really was sorry to see Roberts go...he was my favourite last season.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wow, I thought we were off topic before.

Shameless plug:

www.sportztawk.com...

[edit on 8-8-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
"As for Canadians on the Flyers - of course we have a few. Gagne is probably my favorite. However, down here we are STILL bitter about trading Forsberg (and all those draft picks/players) for Lindros... He was such a flop"

I hear y'a on that man....was trying not t'a bring that Lindros thing up....the guy can't even drive a snowmobile without crashing it (how un-Canadian is that)

but we got' greaty one

Bet y'a that warm Nation Florida' get's it again....they Got HULK HOGAN in the Corner.

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

And don't count out Montreal
They look good on paper.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Last mention of GETTING BACK ON TOPIC.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Shameless plug:

www.sportztawk.com...

[edit on 8-8-2005 by intrepid]

Name the pub, intrepid...I'll be in Toronto soon enough to buy you a Steamwhistle. Or would you prefer prefer Rye?

Sorry about the off topic posts, but it's discouraging to hear such drivel coming from what I consider our 'good' neighbour to the South and any segway is good when my hackles are up.

I think they need to come up to Canada and spend a couple of Saturday nights in Sudbury. That'll edumacate them, eh?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
OMG....not Sudbury....man you crazy...we better just keep em in Toronto. lol

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
It seems Canada wants little to do with America's war on terrorism. Like other countries Canada wants nothing to do with Iraq or the weponisation of space. Less and less it seems that Canada and America are allies in war.

If there comes a time where there is a WW3 or similar situation what will Canada do? Canada could very well be caught in the cross fire if a country decides to bring war to American soil. This being the case, will Canada stand with her largest partner in trade, or fight against the country it disagrees with in actions of war?

We may not want much to do with the war on terror, however, we are doing a lot towards it...I know, because I worked at a nuclear facility (recently retired) and saw what kind of security clearances ensued out of that. Canada was involved and remains involved in Afghanistan and has been marked by Al Q for acts of terrorism.

If there is a WWIII, I think you can safely count on Canada's help as we are part of the 'West' and that will not change. Our system and America's can only be described as 'twin'. Whatever America stands to lose, we stand to lose.

This does not guarantee our blind allegiance to America and we will make our own stance on how things go.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I cant understand why Americans would want to attack Canada, are you suffering from some sort of power thing at the moment?Canada is a nice place , the people are nice, they don't bomb Americans. If America ever thought of invading Canada i think you would loose , unless you destroyed the world with your nukes you keep harping on about. Continually threatening friendly nations makes you look stupid, I'm beginning to think your nuts over there. Has someone put something in your drinking water?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Not sure if anyones mentioned this, I haven't read the whole thread, but in a nuclear war between the US and Russia, Canada would be the prime battleground. It's in the path of most of both side's nuclear missiles.

Also, anyone read the Arthur C Clarke book that comes after 2010? (I forget the name, it's between 2010 and 3001). He briefly describes WW3 as taking place between the US and Canada.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Continually threatening friendly nations makes you look stupid, I'm beginning to think your nuts over there. Has someone put something in your drinking water?

think your confusing Canada with the United States...if there is anything in our water, probable is all the pollutants from your country, by far the worst in the world.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Tinku

Originally posted by Bulldog 52
Continually threatening friendly nations makes you look stupid, I'm beginning to think your nuts over there. Has someone put something in your drinking water?

think your confusing Canada with the United States...if there is anything in our water, probable is all the pollutants from your country, by far the worst in the world.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join