It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Least Among Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Lately I am plagued by a thought of some profundity. What you have done for the least of these, you have done for me.

It’s a biblical quote. I don’t know two shakes about the Good Book. I don’t care. Wisdom reveals itself to those who wait in the dark. As far as I’m concerned, scripture steals ideas from me. I thought of it first, I just re-discovered it elsewhere after the fact.

And like all things, it doesn’t come from any one person; it isn’t plagiarized. It bubbles up from a place, a vast ocean we all piss in from time-to-time.

But we live in the external. We measure, touch, photograph. We talk about the ocean, but we are far from the water. We thirst in the deserts. We thirst in the saline waves.

This is the world as we know it.

But we don’t really know it. We talk as if we’re on the trail.

The least among these…

Who can it be? Is it you, is it me? There are angels every day.

All we can know for sure is that no one wants to be the least among us. This is the voice that entreats, unheeded. Climb atop if you must scramble.

This is the voice that becomes hoarse and dry. This is a chest that has stopped opening for words, taken by the undertow.

edit on 4-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The poor and the down trodden, the exploited, the abused and the victim's, there suffering is there father in heaven's suffering, is Christs suffering and those that deny this deny his very words so are actually anti Christs.

How many time's have all of us walked passed someone whom is down and out while we have money in our pocket.
But you know it is more likely to be the other poor guy that gives of what little he has to help his brother than the rich self serving anti Christs out there.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Not sure he was talking about money, hey brother hey brother gimme a hand...

But that's good to know..

Something about the dint of his words tells me it's one who gives his all you know?

LOOK AND YOU SHALL FIND??

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The spirit can be within all of us, it is according to deed. And it should be. And yes I'm not talking "about religion." And no, I'm not talking about platitudes.

TRY. If only at least a fraction...you can get up to what you get up to later. Sinnin and grinnin.

Thanks narcoleptic, for letting me poop on your post. I hope at least there's good...poo- uh I think I'm gonna quit it..

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mericks74

But what if nothing was done for the least of us? Then we're all in big trouble!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

No not aggressive beggar's but genuinely poor and suffering people, we all know about the organised beggars whom play poor but have more money than the people giving them money or the problem we have in Europe with organised Bulgarian and Romanian gang's whom go to a town and send out a group of professional beggars then take the money to there boss at the end of the day like it is a job for them, even using force to drive off the real poor so they can exploit the location.

But the Genuine poor, GO SELL ALL YOU OWN AND COME FOLLOW ME.

Brothers in Christ, if your brother has no coat and you have two give him the one you are not using, treat other's - the poor - as you would be treated yourself.

Hired help VS God's children - the hired help get paid for there action's and nothing more then are sent away but the children of the kingdom get to live there.

JHM get's very well paid, even exploited his own church fund's to pay of his wife's alimony, brag's on TV about the good work's he has done --- Do good work's in secret and let non know for your father in heaven know's and he shall reward you but if you use those work's to claim respect you have had your reward on earth.

You are right though and I have just sinned - point not the beam out in your brothers eye but take the plank out of your own first - so I have no right in God's sight mentioning JHM or being offended by him and that makes God offended at me.

Also as for giving your all remember the parable of the poor widow whom gave her last two penny's, it was hardly anything but God knew how much she gave relative to the little she had and he loved her for it.

edit on 4-8-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

It's not just about resources and comforts in the material sense.

There is a different kind of destitution at play here, friend.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

No not aggressive beggar's but genuinely poor and suffering people, we all know about the organised beggars whom play poor but have more money than the people giving them money or the problem we have in Europe with organised Bulgarian and Romanian gang's whom go to a town and send out a group of professional beggars then take the money to there boss at the end of the day like it is a job for them, even using force to drive off the real poor so they can exploit the location.

But the Genuine poor, GO SELL ALL YOU OWN AND COME FOLLOW ME.

Brothers in Christ, if your brother has no coat and you have two give him the one you are not using, treat other's - the poor - as you would be treated yourself.

Hired help VS God's children - the hired help get paid for there action's and nothing more then are sent away but the children of the kingdom get to live there.

JHM get's very well paid, even exploited his own church fund's to pay of his wife's alimony, brag's on TV about the good work's he has done --- Do good work's in secret and let non know for your father in heaven know's and he shall reward you but if you use those work's to claim respect you have had your reward on earth.

All suffer not just the poor. In fact this is an argument that gets brought up quite often. And in a world like this one, we need to TRY, to reach across and DO where needs be, or else were all kidding ourselves silly... the homeless guy is easy, try just telling a pal "you're right."

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

There are indeed many kind's of suffering, a man can have nothing yet be rich and a man can own the world but be poor and on that I absolutely agree and God does love all, he send's his rain and his sun on the just and the unjust, the poor and the rich, the kind and the cruel but there will be a reckoning for he wicked that knew what they were doing and do so anyway.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I try to dodge the family thing during Chist Mass.
I give warm food and blankets to the homeless.
The most wonderful time of the year.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

You know you can do that any day of the year..

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Diminishing returns issue on this website with people existing to troll. I would think God would not like that very much...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Its not about "religion" or at least it isn't for me..

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

.... and God does love all, he send's his rain and his sun on the just and the unjust, the poor and the rich, the kind and the cruel but there will be a reckoning for he wicked that knew what they were doing and do so anyway.

In a time of increasing broadcasting of severe weather you might want to rephrase that. In many countries the poor suffer from draught flooding etc, the rich not so much.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Firing em all and replacing the lazy sods with robots .

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Firing em all and replacing the lazy sods with robots .

One day you will be the political opposition again. I'll hold you by your statement. I assume you feel like your enemy thinks you're dumb and deplorable because of that old blonde lady? All of "them"?
Groups are an illusion, they all consist of individuals.
What do you think how many sub groups and sub-sub-groups these any sods are divided in among eachother?
How is it in your groups?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
"The poor and the down trodden, the exploited, the abused and the victim's"
A member wrote...

And you could say often times it's choice. The choice of Taking the path of least resistance, or pure laziness. And it can have profound impacts for generations to come.

But hay, this OP will probably Disappear just like so many in the last couple days.. why bother !
edit on 4-8-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

join