It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are our responsibilities here on this board??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Okay I had to ask it..

What does one do, or what can one do, if theres a situation or something gets up and it seems like a member might actually do something. Look I'm not talking about banter gone wrong but might actually you know..DO something.

Or if you find out that someone is up to something...

I'm not saying that this place is prone to it, probably any more than any place on the net. And hey it's also been a while. But there was that one person that shot up I'm not mentioning, and it has been known to happen and I'm just wondering if anything at all gets up in regards to that. A member made a post about a subject slightly different than this and it got me thinking. What happens in the case of bad vibes...I mean mondo bad vibes...somebody's been posting # that just seems way off for months. No I haven't seen it and I'm not referring to jokes or petty arguments. I also know we all refer to one another as "members." That's all good but technically it could be anyone and they could be thinking of dang-near..so what's up in regards to that???
edit on 3-8-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mericks74

Simply alert the mods of the members posts that you feel are disconcerting. Explain in your alert message why you are reporting it. They will take it from there.

That is all we, as regular members, can do in those cases.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Hit the little complain button and let the mods know.

You don't know where they live and I have to think there is a protocol to handle things like this on ATS's end.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Clinical Jealousy is treatable.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Sounds reasonable, I guess, to me, but aren't there cases where like, quite the opposite has gone on? I mean seems logical, but if I can remember it was quite a while before "---" was looked at if it was even anything...I don't know..

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well yeah it might be..

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

All I can offer is how to do it. It' sup to you to decide if it is worth sending the alert.

1. You click the small person icon on the post of concern
2. Click on the "Alert" option in the dialog that appears

3. This will bring you to your messages area with a new message pre-filled with the post info. Add your comment to this and send it.

edit on 8/3/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Ehh well thanks

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything i was just wondering..

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hi

Terms and Conditions
Familiarize yourself with them.
Don't alert someone you don't like, or disagree with, or if they just give you a bad vibe.
Only alert when a post has broken the T / C's.

Hope that helps.
edit on 3-8-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Mods are best answer unless you know the person in person. In any case how can you help somone online you dont even really know?? Its tricky..

I once went to mods about something nuts. They helped me. Ive mentioned my life a lot on ATS and members have made me feel better almost every time.

maybe that made sense.. haha.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Hi

Terms and Conditions
Familiarize yourself with them.
Don't alert someone you don't like, or disagree with, or if they just give you a bad vibe.
Only alert when a post has broken the T and C's.

Hope that helps.

I've never done that, thanks.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
Mods are best answer unless you know the person in person. In any case how can you help somone online you dont even really know?? Its tricky..

I once went to mods about something nuts. They helped me. Ive mentioned my life a lot on ATS and members have made me feel better almost every time.

maybe that made sense.. haha.

No it does. This is what more I was getting at. I think I posted it in fact, but there's always one going "don't send stuff about people you don't like!!!" Well okay it's good some folks probably need to know that. I'm totally not tattling that's just not rite

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Your welcome. It is worth doing

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Nah I meant like tattling, not to misdirect my own thread...

Thanks..

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I want to get to some serious stuff, not the things about bouncy balls and jungle gyms...but I appreciate everyone is trying to be helpful. It's just that, well you don't know me too well but I'm not a technical invalid or prone to telling over stuff that is just silly nonsense. It's good..

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The thread isn't about "me" although I guess I could expect some one liners

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

dont ever feel ashamed to help somone or to ask for help. the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Personally I try my best to help. I truly care about people. Especially on ATS i feel like you guys are part of my tribe or something.

edit on 3-8-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Oh I wouldn't feel shame at all trust me.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

thanks..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join