It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fido And Fluffy Are Ruining The Environment, UCLA Study Says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Christosterone

Anyone else feel like universities are starting to look more and more like nursery skools?

"Awww, look at the class project they came up with for publication!"

That's refrigerator magnet material right there.

I think they need to study rational solutions to issues, rather than wasting money and time on studies like this.

Imagine what good all the money wasted on studies like this could do.

I'm not sure how you pitch for funding for some of this stuff. "We all know what produces carbon dioxide and what does not, but hey, let's spend a lot of time and energy figuring it out again, in a different way, so we can justify our existence"

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I think they need to study rational solutions to issues, rather than wasting money and time on studies like this.

And cancel playtime?!?!

(This is why I dropped out of college and got a job. I am not fond of being surrounded by children.)

edit on 3-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
They ain't getting my cat, only outta my cold dead hands..he has more personality than some people I know.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yes, well

I must say I'm a friend to all animals......but not those animals at the university wants to be the boss of us

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Granted, my pomeranians did ruin my carpet, but no UCLA researcher is going to make me give up my dogs just because they're meat eaters.

The authors probably either can't have pets in their fancy little apartments, or were never allowed to have pets as kids, so they want us to be as miserable as them.

Guess we're supposed to make due with gerbils, goldfish, and parakeets. Parakeets are actually pretty cool if they're tame, but they'll never sit on your lap like a dog or cat will.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am with you. My Lazarus had his 20th birthday in May. After all these years he still doesn't know he is a cat.

Got him when he was 3 weeks old, 3 months later I got a Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy, and the two grew up together. The puppy deferred to him, so Lazarus became the Alpha, and remains so till this day.

Lazarus has never liked meat, chicken or beef. His favorite is crab, but he will eat a small amount of tuna. So I guess he is exempt.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
And now everyone wave goodbye to the environmental movement....

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

-Chris

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

End life on earth = problem solved : /

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
So Michael Moore gets a pass, but not cats and dogs.

We are screwed.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
no need to worry. if you like your cat, you can keep your cat.

edit on 23831America/ChicagoFri, 04 Aug 2017 02:23:49 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
They better watch it with this crap.
I do not wish to live without cats and dogs.
Kill them, and you better kill me too.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Okin noted, feeding pets also leads to about 5.1 million tons of feces every year, roughly equivalent to the total trash production of Massachusetts.

And also roughly equivalent to the amount spewing from his mouth.

However, without large-scale reduction in their number

Oh this will end well for him. I get what he's saying, but I see this blowing up in his face.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
A thousand thumbs up.
That's the exact reaction this sort of crap needs.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Touch my cat and I will BREAK the neck the vegan hippy scum bag that does it.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I wonder how many people that didn't think global warming was a hoax will call it a hoax now that their beloved pets are in the cross hairs?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Every animal causes this... I suppose we need to commit mass genocide on all life now to save the planet.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have to agree with you there Auggie, I would set my dog on them and if he has trouble,,,,,well he has a very good friend with an AR. He would also protect his 2 cat friends in our house too.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

12 cats, 1 dog, 3 rabbits, 4 sheeps, 7 chickens, 6 goldfishes at home ...and a full-time veterinarian wife in order to make sure they are all fine.
If only I had a pig, I could recycle these morons into bacon.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman
I have to agree with you there Auggie, I would set my dog on them and if he has trouble,,,,,well he has a very good friend with an AR. He would also protect his 2 cat friends in our house too.

I glued some thumbs on my dogs so they can help reload.

I'm just worried that they can get in the fridge now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join