It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Wish Re-Make w/Bruce Willis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Maybe this will start pulling Hollywood's financial a$$ out of the fire.

One of my favorite movies of all time getting a makeover. Enjoy!!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I strongly suspect that this movie will be a hit, the original is a true classic and up with with my favorite top twenty movies, I really don't think Charles Bronson can be topped though but since this will be more of an action movie while Bronson's older movie was more of an avenging grieving father let's give old Bruce a chance but his all time film's will always be the die hard movies, his worst main stream movie though was Color of Night.

But let's see if he can make the audience feel as Bronson did, the rage and the pain and the sadness, the need to get justice by any mean's for his family or if this is just going to be an aging film star trying to recapture his glory day's.
Either way a definite hit in the making.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

This looks like a good movie. The fact it already has some people losing their minds over it makes it a must watch for me!

Bruce Willis Death Wish Trailer, Triggers critics, called Nakedly Fascist and Alt Right.

roflmao

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

How old is Bruce Willis? Like 85?

Plus he's "white" it'll never work.

Edit- a white guy in a leading role?

edit on 3-8-2017 by uwontbelievethis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Watching this!

edit; Charles Bronson rocked in the original!
edit on 3-8-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

This looks like a good movie. The fact it already has some people losing their minds over it makes it a must watch for me!

Bruce Willis Death Wish Trailer, Triggers critics, called Nakedly Fascist and Alt Right.

roflmao

Without a doubt, it's a must see.
The louder they cry about things......well you know......too freaking bad.
This is quadruple good for me because it's Bruce Willis....I have seen all the Die Hards at least 25 times each lol.
Far out movies premise wise but the ass kicking McClane gives everyone is fabulous.
Mindless fun...it's awesome.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I wonder why? Denzel Washington played in a movie about kicking butt also, but I don't remember it driving the critics nuts. It was called The Equalizer, which is an awesome movie.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I like Bruce Willis, always have. I love Death Wish. Together you'd think can't lose, right?

Hope so, 'cause I'm buyin' a ticket. Generally I don't like the remakes of old classic movies...but I'm willing to give this one a chance.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

roflmao

Remember All in the Family?...Archie Bunker?
Could you imagine if they did a remake of that TV show? Lol

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: seeker1963

I wonder why? Denzel Washington played in a movie about kicking butt also, but I don't remember it driving the critics nuts. It was called The Equalizer, which is an awesome movie.

Denzel just kicked Russian butt and dirty cop butt.

So that was okay.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

what happened to new ideas ?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
well, when you can`t come up with a new original thought why not go for a remake to save your sorry ass?

American workers have lost their originality they are just riding the coat tails of the last generation and reaping the benefits of the last generation.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Equalizer was T.V show starring a very fine British actor Edward Woodward.........A white man. Wild Wild West was worse remake ever. I want to see a re-make of the t.v show F-Troop.....Corporal Ahern & Sergeant O'Rourk The Indians were called The Hippacowa's ...Bruce Willis sure as hell ain't Charles Bronson.......Bronson had hair.a reply to: DBCowboy

edit on 3-8-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It will have to be PC and his bullets will have to be lead free because you know....climate change

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I remember the original when it came out in 74', Jeff Goldblum played one of the freaks.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Haha I was about to say "Hollywood renewal thru another remake?".

That is one reason I added UK, Russian, Chinese, Korean and a few other countries cinema repertoire to my playlist.
To see different interpretations and stories.

I hope the movie is good. I just fear Bruce Willis steals the show as being Bruce Willis instead of a real actor performance... :/ And I love many of Willis' movies. But he's no Brad Pitt, more like Tom Cruise. haha sigh

Don't flame me, I'm only a messenger of my opinion.

PS: I just watched the trailer and I expected a dark movie, but it almost felt joyous... with the music.
edit on 3-8-2017 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Geezzz, the least they could do was give him a good long hair 70s wig and a pencil tash.

Shame how many bald actors in movies now.......back in the good ol daze, only the bad guys had bald heads!!

Exception being Telly Savalas and Yul Brynner......but they were "Foreigners...Telly Greek, Yully Russian.

Getting sick of the bald look.....about time they bought back the comb over......or just really good wigs.

These guys had wigs...Bing Crosby, Fred Astair, John Wayne, Sean Connery, Frank Sinatra, Don Adams, Carl Riener, George Burns, Liberassy, etc etc etc.

Worked for them......

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

HA-kawi's.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
a reply to: openyourmind1262

HA-kawi's.

I thought it was the FAH-kawi's.

Remember the line...... We're the FAH-kawi.

Or was that a Mel Brooks line from Blazing Saddles?

Please don't be a case of the Mandela Effect!
edit on b000000312017-08-04T04:16:36-05:0004America/ChicagoFri, 04 Aug 2017 04:16:36 -0500400000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

“Maybe it’s the marketing, but seems a strange time to give a high-five to an older angry white dude going vigilante with lots of guns,” added writer Chuck Wendig (“Star Wars: Aftermath”), The Daily Caller reported.

Adam Best, the co-founder of Fanided, lamented, “Angry, old white man becomes an armed vigilante against Chicago civilians. That’s a dangerous message. Is Death Wish alt-right fan fiction?”
Source

Some of the best action movies ever can be reduced to "angry white dude going vigilante." It's a stupid statement. James Bond went rogue. All the best Clint Eastwood movies. John Wayne films. Inglourious basterds. Every Die Hard film. Taxi Driver which the critics still rate as a 'best of all time.'

I love Kung Fu movies where "angry Chinese/Japanese dudes go vigilante." Django, Shaft and the Blaxploitation movies were "angry black dude goes vigilante."

Thinking about it...angry dudes going vigilante make great movies. It's boring having people politicise everything. Only crazy people go postal from watching films.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join