It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iran Wants to Resolve Problems With U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hasan Rowhani, Iran's top nuclear negotiator, said in an television interview, that his country wanted to resolve years of differences with the United States. However he also cautioned that any strike against Iranian nuclear facilities would fail to get them all. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has indicated that military action is not on the agenda, but the Bush administration has not ruled that out.

story.news.yahoo.com
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's top nuclear negotiator said Tuesday that Tehran wanted to resolve decades of differences with the United States and warned that a U.S. military strike wouldn't destroy all of Iran's nuclear facilities.

Iran's top leaders have tried in recent days to ease increasing tensions with Washington amid a war of words. President Bush last week accused Iran of being "the world's primary state sponsor of terror."

"We are not seeking tension with the United States," negotiator Hasan Rowhani told the state-run television. "We are seeking to resolve our problems with America but it's the Americans who don't want problems be resolved."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is going to be a very interesting exercise in diplomacy and perhaps the first test for Doctor Rice. No doubt that Iran has disbursed its facilities and has far more land mass to hide them in. Not to mention several huge mountain ranges that can also hide production facilities. Given the problems surrounding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, I doubt the Bush administration will be able to make a case for taking on Iran anytime soon.

[edit on 2/8/05 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Given the problems surrounding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, I doubt the Bush administration will be able to make a case for taking on Iraq anytime soon.

Somebodys getting their countries mixed up

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yep, that sure sounds like a fanatical country that wants to destroy the west. (This is sacrasm, in case the reader is lacking intellectually)

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ishes

Originally posted by FredT
Given the problems surrounding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, I doubt the Bush administration will be able to make a case for taking on Iraq anytime soon.

Somebodys getting their countries mixed up

Oooops my bad
I will edit that out. I ment Iran....

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
As far as I know the US has been doing nothing via diplomatic channels except to piggy back any efforts done by france and germany. If fact there is allready some evidance that suggests that the US is using covert special forces and intelligance gathering means allready

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Iran is simply stalling for time while they busily move towards their goal of producing a nuclear weapon to threaten Israel and the rest of their neighbors.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Yep, that sure sounds like a fanatical country that wants to destroy the west. (This is sacrasm, in case the reader is lacking intellectually)

Humm, let's see why many people think that the Iranian government is fanatical, and why many say that Iran want to destroy the west...

A growing number of reports about the recruitment and training of thousands of Iranian volunteers by Iran's Revolutionary Guards for suicide attacks against Western, European, and U.S. targets in Iraq, and their dispatch to Iraq.

Reports about the registration activity of the volunteers, the conference, and sending the volunteers to Iraq appeared in Kayhan (Iran), June 1, 2004; Sharq (Iran), June 6; Jomhour-e Eslami (Iran), June 6, 2004; Al-Sharq Al-Awsat (London), May 28, 2004 and June 14, 2004; Sharq (Iran), May 27, 2004 www.sharghnewspaper.com... the Persian-language Rouydad site which is opposed to the regime, rouydad.info...

Reports on the resumption of Iran's project for long-range Shihab 4 and Shihab 5 missiles, by order of Iranian Leader Ali Khamenei – with Europe and the U.S. as its strategic targets.
Al-Sharq Al-Awsat, (London), June 14, 2004.

Statements by senior Revolutionary Guards officials about the existence of a plan to eliminate Anglo-Saxon civilization using missiles and suicide bombers against "29 sensitive targets" in the West, which have already been identified by Iranian intelligence.
rouydad.info... See MEMRI Special Dispatch No. 723, May 28, 2004, Also of note are statements by Expediency Council Chairman Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, who said, after another condemnation of Iran by the IAEA in March 2004, that "Iran must act seriously against anyone who acts against it in the international arena." Tehran Times (Iran), March 16, 2004.

Excerpted from.
www.powten.com...

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I guess Iran after the results of the elections in Iraq sees it as a plus to start negotioations with US, while US does not give a darn, perhaps Iraq will the two countries now share majority ruling class.

Iran and Iraq now share a commun ground and US knows that Iraq ruling class will not be to friendly to US possible attacks in Iran.

Iran for the other hand is probably celebrating the results of Iraq's elections it will be on thieir favor.

I think US will not have any other choice but to probably used Irag now as a diplomatic link to Iran and viceversa.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Muaddib, the only link that worked was the blog link. However, I can find you credible link that shows nuclear terrorism by Israel. Interested?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Hasan Rowhani, Iran's top nuclear negotiator, said in an television interview, that his country wanted to resolve years of differences with the United States

What a terrible lie, and this just after their president announced that the US is run by eeeeviiiil jooooooos. THe only current problem is the issue of cooperation with the IAEA. They must cooperate fully with it.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Iran: Iran's biggest problem or worry might be Israel. Israels aim might be Iran's nuclear plants should Iran not get inline with the UN. I really don't believe the US will leave the middle east until Iran gos par with Libya.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Muaddib, the only link that worked was the blog link. However, I can find you credible link that shows nuclear terrorism by Israel. Interested?

Israel has the means to destroy Iran if they want to, yet they don't do it... Has Israel made threats they will nuke Iran?...I haven't seen any.

What Israel has said is that they will attack any factories where Iran can produce nuclear weapons...

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
why is usa so intersted in iran?what is iran doing that is so bad.oh they would like to have nuke energy plants so they can have cleaner hydro.i say leave iran alone.if they have not done anything wrong leave them alone.let countires live in peace.there is no need to piss off anymore countires.this axis of evil is turning into a heap of bull for oil and greed.besides who gonna clean up the mess after this agenda retires.flukemol......

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Lets keep our fingers crossed that talks can go well. I would like to think that most countries including America is tired of all the stress of war and terrorism and that maybe we can just move on. To do that of course would mean leaders need to step back and re think their agenda. The mind set of attack and talk later may no longer work.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Iran: Iran's biggest problem or worry might be Israel. Israels aim might be Iran's nuclear plants should Iran not get inline with the UN. I really don't believe the US will leave the middle east until Iran gos par with Libya.
Dallas

It is a differnet time than when the Isreali's went after Osirak in Iraq. Now the F-15I's might make it. I have to pull the maps to figure that out, but they would have to fly over either Turkey, Saudi Arabia, or U.S. controlled Iraq. If the latter is used then tacit approval from the US would be a given even if Isreal did not ask first. Why they might might mind you get past Saudi Airspace on the outbound leg, Isreal may have to comit a large chunk of its AF to protect the strike package on the return leg. I would also expect that Irans AF would have no hesatation go into Iraq after the strike at both our troops as well as any planes. Now with US support that changes things, but we would be pretty much alone in the world on this one.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If the US was to begin military action against Iran, I doubt it would involve something as extreme as we saw in Iraq. While toppling the current administration in Iran would most likely serve US interests in the region, there are two reasons why I don't think this will happen:

1) Justifying the invasion, especially since many more american lives are likely to be lost than in iraq, would be particularly difficult.

2) The financial cost of such a war would be astronomical. Much higher than in Iraq, and the deficit is already large enough.

new topics

top topics

join