It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words can now kill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Say we have a husband, who has had a history of depression and talks of killing himself, and he tells his wife that he wants to kill himself one day. His wife, who has become frustrated with her husband's mental state and talk of suicide, lashes out and says something like "go ahead and kill yourself I dont care, and you dont have the balls anyways"

Husband leaves and jumps off a bridge. The neighbor hears the argument and reported it to the police the wife told him to go kill himself, after finding out about the man's death. Based off the current case and the precedent it sets, would you say the wife be guilty for her words based off her knowledge of her husband's mental state?

No, would say there's a difference here, being that hypothetical situation sounds like maybe a one time comment. The difference is the girl in the Op coaxed her bf into it. She may have been tired of hearing about his state of mind, plans and not wanting to get help or ragged out but then apparently went on to take advantage of the situation in her favor. She may have been long distance/text dating him for her own advantage in the first place.

Read what Roy's Aunt wrote, explaining the mentality in short unless reading the whole article.
See here - note to the judge - Source
edit on 3-8-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2017 by dreamingawake because: text

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Yeah, I think in this case some kind of punishment was very clearly called for and it's entirely possible this girl is a sociopath. Unless she has some kind of learning disorder, she knew what the possible outcomes were and I can easily imagine her laughing about it after.

Just from what I know of it I would have found her guilty also.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

She's a reprehensible broad and I'd completely shamelessly plant something. I so would not gonna lie..

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ummm...so if these...words...were implanted suggestions/keywords subsequent to hypnosis...wouldn't the handler be culpable...?

Also...extreme depressive moments of anxiety can induce fugue like states of altered consciousness not unlike receptive hypnagogic/hypnotic sessions...

Further...words and word combinations...whether spoken or read...are extremely powerful suggestive controls that alter mood...emotion...and thought process...
Any gifted writer or actor can evoke emotive states and compel an individual or an audience to believe in the character situation or theme...so thoroughly that they become invested psychologically in the narrative...
This proves how suggestible individuals and groups are...so much so that they can be led and controlled in the direction intended...

Gifted individuals use this process all the time...I use it myself when I write from the serious side...

This is not to claim that the young man was hypnotized by the young woman...rather...it is to suggest that deep emotional trauma coupled with manipulative suggestion...can have much the same end result...

The young lady...knowingly...manipulated a traumatized/distraught individual into the end result...
Her words indeed had power over his judgement...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ew...handler.

Just..no.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

July 12, 2014:

In these exchanges on the day before his body was found, Roy expresses more hesitation about his plan.

Carter: 'So I guess you aren't gonna do it then, all that for nothing'

Carter: 'I'm just confused like you were so ready and determined'

Roy: 'I am gonna eventually'

Roy: 'I really don't know what I'm waiting for. . but I have everything lined up'

Carter: 'No, you're not, Conrad. Last night was it. You keep pushing it off and you say you'll do it but u never do. Its always gonna be that way if u don't take action'

Carter: 'You're just making it harder on yourself by pushing it off, you just have to do it'

Carter: 'Do u wanna do it now?'

Roy: 'Is it too late?'

Roy: 'Idkk it's already light outside'

Roy: I'm gonna go back to sleep, love you I'll text you tomorrow'

Carter: 'No? Its probably the best time now because everyone's sleeping. Just go somewhere in your truck. And no one's really out right now because it's an awkward time'

Carter: 'If u don't do it now you're never gonna do it'

Carter: 'And u can say you'll do it tomorrow but you probably won't'

Carter: 'You just need to do it Conrad or I'm gonna get you help'

Carter: 'You can't keep doing this everyday'

Roy: 'Okay I'm gonna do it today'

Carter: 'Do you promise'

Roy: 'I promise babe'

Roy: 'I have to now'

Carter: 'Like right now?'

Roy: 'where do I go?
'

Carter: 'And u can't break a promise. And just go in a quiet parking lot or something.'

Link

I can't read that and think that she did not deserve even more time than she received.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Only words . Heavens gate , Jonestown , Manson as mentioned already , Hitler had a whole nation hanging on his every word . Yes only words .
edit on 3-8-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Look. All these conversations are very fascinating and very modern what with people grossing me out with all the meta meta politics of intimate situations of two random muppetheads but I'm sure the cops 'll come to it...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: 3daysgone

There is a saying, your post reminded me about it:

You can undo most things but never the words you´ve spoken.

It´s german but I tried my best to translate.

That is a wise saying. It is funny how when we speak we actually push the word from our mouth into our environment, and off it goes to do it's job.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

These are two people with very low iqs folks not ceos..

I think people on this board just like to play with people on this board.

winky

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This went through a trial.
If you disagree with the verdict, it doesn't make her any less guilty according to our laws.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Don't blame me, I just heard about it..pfff

verdict..

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mericks74

These are two people with very low iqs folks not ceos..

I think people on this board just like to play with people on this board.

winky

I can understand that. But none the less if she felt that in her heart I still hope she can learn from this. The deceased can't.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

This went through a trial. If you disagree with the verdict, it doesn't make her any less guilty according to our laws.

Nvrmnd.
edit on 3-8-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

If who felt what? That? Explain, because I'm not quite sure what she felt and about her "learning" what goes on in prison...well hey

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Words have meaning and words have consequences.

- "Get back in the truck" (instructions to commit suicide)
- "Burn this ^$%# down!" (inciting a riot)
- "I was just following orders" (someone was just giving those orders too)
- "We're going to go down there, rape their women, steal their horses and burn their houses. And for God's sake let's get it right this time" (self explanatory)

She absolutely should have been charged as she talked another individual into killing themselves. How is this any different than the Tate-LaBianca murders that Manson is still in Prison for? He talked individuals into killing for him rather than doing the deed, she did the same thing. Only she chose suicide rather than murder.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: seagull

But could those texts and whatever else be defined as coercion?

How do you think the Military uses coercion to influence otherwise normal young men to pick up a rifle and kill?

Edit: Its a process of manipulation and control supplanting ones identity with another, called "orders" to kill.

Lock up them hypnotists that make you act like a chicken in front of everybody.

Lord knows how many they made kill other people.

They make you forget about it too!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Lock up people according to their actual crime. This convo is just people pretending to know stuff on the net.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mericks74

If who felt what? That? Explain, because I'm not quite sure what she felt and about her "learning" what goes on in prison...well hey

I don't know what she felt. I said I don't know what was going on with her heart. But whatever she felt, i.e. hate, excitement, fun, whatever it was at the time of her communication it wasn't meant to help the deceased.

Yeah prison. Prisons can help the one's that want help, and hurt the one's that don't.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm more concerned with why people postulate conspiracy theories on this website using other crimes as an example, not to actually postulate a theory, but to get at the kinks of what they think might be what other members have-

But that's me..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join