It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full transcripts of Trump’s calls with Mexico and Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The thing that stood out to me was his unprofessionalism. It was about him and how he wanted to look good. It was like he was saying "hey buddies help me out here" and he expected other countries leaders to care about his image or his campaign promises.

The other thing was how he constantly denigrated other US leaders, that doesn't build confidence in the US or him. The leaders he was talking to maintained an image of representing their country throughout their conversation while Trump was Trump.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The thing that stood out to me was his unprofessionalism.

With Turnbull, he just couldn't even grasp the concept of the deal! All he could concentrate on was that it was a deal struck by the Obama Administration! Yep, it was like they were having two different conversations!

But, with Peña Nieto, he sounded like a "Godfather" wanna be gangster! "Nice little country you got there, I'd really like to be able to help you with those US armed Cartels that we launder money for, but "The Wall" thing, you know, Mexico has to agree...." "I would hate to impose 10%, 20%, maybe 30% tariffs on your border........The Wall!"

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I am literally laughing at all of you trump defenders. Its classic. LMAO...Perhaps you should all educate yourselves....Give it up! Clearly you all follow trumps twitter and not the news, and that includes FOX news, hell even they cant defend him anymore.

Being a big boy means admitting you were wrong the whole time....You people have 0 evidence to support trump, but there is 100% evidence to support what he says...OTHER THAN HIS WORDS. They are not worth JACK!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I am literally laughing at all of you trump defenders. Its classic. LMAO...Perhaps you should all educate yourselves....Give it up! Clearly you all follow trumps twitter and not the news, and that includes FOX news, hell even they cant defend him anymore.

Me a Trump defender????

Hey, all of you that I have been arguing and debating with for the past year you gotta love this guy.

When one side calls you a liberal and the other calls you a Trump defender you know you are in the middle.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I think that was an attempt at a pressure sale.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You got to read this folks!

Trumps total lack of comprehension of something very simple

nymag.com...

Turnbull tries to explain to Trump that refugees have not been detained because they pose a danger to Australian society, but in order to deter ship-based smuggling:

Trump: Why haven’t you let them out? Why have you not let them into your society?

Turnbull: Okay, I will explain why. It is not because they are bad people. It is because in order to stop people smugglers, we had to deprive them of the product. So we said if you try to come to Australia by boat, even if we think you are the best person in the world, even if you are a Noble [sic] Prize winning genius, we will not let you in. Because the problem with the people —
At this point, Trump fails to understand the policy altogether, and proceeds to congratulate Turnbull for what Trump mistakes to be a draconian policy of total exclusion:

Trump: That is a good idea. We should do that too. You are worse than I am … Because you do not want to destroy your country. Look at what has happened in Germany. Look at what is happening in these countries.
Trump has completely failed to understand either that the refugees are not considered dangerous, or, again, that they are being held because of a categorical ban on ship-based refugee traffic.

He also fails to understand the number of refugees in the agreement:

Trump: I am the world’s greatest person that does not want to let people into the country. And now I am agreeing to take 2,000 people and I agree I can vet them, but that puts me in a bad position. It makes me look so bad and I have only been here a week.

Turnbull: With great respect, that is not right – It is not 2,000.

Trump: Well, it is close. I have also heard like 5,000 as well.

Turnbull: The given number in the agreement is 1,250 and it is entirely a matter of your vetting.
Then Trump returns to his belief that they are bad, and failing to understand the concept that they have been detained merely because they arrived by sea and not because they committed a crime:

Trump: I hate taking these people. I guarantee you they are bad. That is why they are in prison right now. They are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people.
Turnbull: I would not be so sure about that. They are basically —
Trump: Well, maybe you should let them out of prison.
He still thinks they’re criminals.

Later, Trump asks what happens if all the refugees fail his vetting process:

Trump: I hate having to do it, but I am still going to vet them very closely. Suppose I vet them closely and I do not take any?
Turnbull: That is the point I have been trying to make.
After several attempts by Turnbull to explain Australia’s policy, Trump again expresses his total inability to understand what it is:

Trump: Does anybody know who these people are? Who are they? Where do they come from? Are they going to become the Boston bomber in five years? Or two years? Who are these people?

Turnbull: Let me explain. We know exactly who they are. They have been on Nauru or Manus for over three years and the only reason we cannot let them into Australia is because of our commitment to not allow people to come by boat. Otherwise we would have let them in. If they had arrived by airplane and with a tourist visa then they would be here.

Trump: Malcom [sic], but they are arrived on a boat?
After Turnbull has told Trump several times that the refugees have been detained because they arrived by boat, and only for that reason, Trump’s question is, “But they are arrived on a boat?”

Soon after, Turnbull again reiterates that Australia’s policy is to detain any refugee who arrives by boat:

Turnbull: The only people that we do not take are people who come by boa. So we would rather take a not very attractive guy that help you out then to take a Noble [sic] Peace Prize winner that comes by boat. That is the point.”

Trump: What is the thing with boats? Why do you discriminate against boats? No, I know, they come from certain regions. I get it.
No, you don’t get it at all! It’s not that they come from certain regions! It’s that they come by boat!

So Turnbull very patiently tries to explain again that the policy has nothing to do with what region the refugees come from:

Turnbull: No, let me explain why. The problem with the boats it that you are basically outsourcing your immigration program to people smugglers and also you get thousands of people drowning at sea.
At this point, Trump gives up asking about the policy and just starts venting about the terribleness of deals in general:

I do not know what he got out of it. We never get anything out of it — START Treaty, the Iran deal. I do not know where they find these people to make these stupid deals. I am going to get killed on this thing.
Shortly afterward, the call ends in brusque fashion, and Turnbull presumably begins drinking heavily.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

We all know not to hand your car keys to a toddler....... but it's ok to elect a clown as president?

Hey Turnbull, remember, it's America first, the Netherlands second...... not Australia!
edit on 3-8-2017 by Village Idiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

edit on 4-8-2017 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: Badams

Exactly, in your country, you heard it like it was, in our country trump called it fake news, that is what he does, and its really supper old, and trump supporters use it all the time, no matter what facts you state, and then you ask them to back up what they say, and they ignore your request...Do you know why?

It's because they're so stupid and uneducated. I bet half of them can't even spell "supper". Hell, the other half probably call it dinner.
But liberals like us know that a good tofu brunch is where it's really at.
edit on 4-8-2017 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Big editing job I bet.

Yes, they probably had to drag his bloated verbiage up to some basic level of comprehension.
Reading it - good grief. The man's a moron.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure these transcripts originated from outside of the US? I'm pretty sure when this happened it was on the news here in Australia. Due to how ill-mannered Trump was on the phone.

There's no way Australia would get access to the phone call with Mexico so no, someone inside leaked it

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
[/clips of Trump solemnly praising and loving wikileaks and other leaks on YouTube during the campaign trail]

those hypocr.....

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
prolly removed it as i tcould be a false story or they dont want to get in trouble for publishing classfied material.

Dude seriously, how can it be classified material if its "fake"? Please

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

Well damn; logic would suggest I was reffering to the Australian call. I shouldnt be surprised though, logic isnt particularly abundant on this forum.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Amazing that a conversation between two heads of state would be leaked... and people try to pretend there is no deep state at work in the USA.

Considering that two people were on the phone...

And Trump has publicly given an "alternate" accounting from true conversations ..

What makes you think the leaks came from the WH?

As another poster suggested, the conversation with Australia's leader looks to have been leaked in Australia before this?

Surely Mexico and Australian leaders record and transcribe calls as well?

Not saying it wasn't a WH leak. That is possible too...A whole lot of Trump's inner circle seem to privately find him dangerously incompetent.

I also get confused by Trump supporters?

the common refrain to the DNC hacks is...who cares who leaked the emails? Who cares if it was Russia or Wiki? As long as the public gets to see the truth? That does not apply to Trump?
edit on 4-8-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hahaha

So much for the world respecting and fearing Trump.

That call to Australia Trump sounds like a whinning pussy, all he is doing is begging.

Australia: 1 USA : 0

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

originally posted by: yuppa
prolly removed it as i tcould be a false story or they dont want to get in trouble for publishing classfied material.

Dude seriously, how can it be classified material if its "fake"? Please

someone missed the OR in there. i gave 2 options.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

I'm pretty sure these transcripts originated from outside of the US? I'm pretty sure when this happened it was on the news here in Australia. Due to how ill-mannered Trump was on the phone.

There's no way Australia would get access to the phone call with Mexico so no, someone inside leaked it

i hope the leaker get fitted for handcuffs and gets to see the inside of a federal prison.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

He should fire the entire white house staff, secret service included.

Even the cooks.

Hire from global talent and from within the military.

Make everyone who wants to stay or come back be rehired.

How is Trump supposed to do his job?

Private conversations between heads of state are dangerous if heard like this.

EDIT TO ADD:
Oh, WAPO. Duh.

edit on 8 4 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
This is a tricky issue. The left are so happy they got proof Trump is a stupid Ahole they don't see how dangerous this breach of national security is. If the people knew how world leaders talk in real life we would be at war with everyone all the time. Even ourselves.

What the left has to understand is:
We're sorry we had to make Trump your president.
We're really not that proud of him either.
He won because we hate most of our representatives and what our party has become.
He represents a big middle finger to what most of the states are sick of
Buuuuuuuuuuuuut.....
It could not have been Hillary
We will not allow it
Hillary is the real Hitler your 18-34 demographic claim Trump is.
She really is that evil. Countess Bathory evil.
We graciously (for the most part) let you have Obama
We would have gone into civil war over Hillary. We re the party that is pro second amendment. And some of your party too
There's enough of us that really do wait for signs of Tyranny while we stroke our guns and smile. They hate the idea of tyranny that much. (I myself have more guns than a person will probably need in one lifetime)
It could not have been Hillary. Hillary embodies tyranny That is why we defend Trump.

Nothing you've got so far are impeachable offenses.
Trump isn't the first A hole president. He won't be the last. Just relax and trust the process.

edit on 5-8-2017 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join