It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia Probe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

True but as in all cases charges are up to the prosecutors / AG. Trump is the chief law enforcement officer for the federal government and can lawfully end investigations, just as local prosecutors can.

True. But that does not mean there would not be consequences for doing so.

Yet not illegal at Trumps level in the federal system.

But impeachable.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: shooterbrody

I do not think a sitting president can be indicted

I think it was during the Clinton investigation that Ken Star's team decided it was constitutional for a president to be indicted by a federal grand jury for serious crimes.

A sitting president can be impeached

True. One of the sections in the articles of impeachment for Nixon was for interfering or trying to interfere in an FBI investigation.

yeah i have seen that star crap discussed by some of the talking heads
you know what they discuss after that
constitutional crisis
notice who trump has been moving into his cabinet?

if they want to remove him the constitution is VERY clear on how that is to be done
good thing the gop got their nom in the SCOTUS before all this crap
SCOTUS is where that endgame lands

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Robert Mueller is on steroids today. He just issued several subpoenas in connection with the Trump Junior Russian lawyer meeting.

Have a link?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Well, impanelling a Grand Jury is one thing, getting a conviction afterwards is quite another.

Correct. That is why we know that something very serious is going on. Mueller would not impanel a GJ unless he had a rock solid case. He does not want to look foolish, nor sully his reputation of public service with a "witch hunt."
edit on 3-8-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Robert Mueller is on steroids today. He just issued several subpoenas in connection with the Trump Junior Russian lawyer meeting.

Link?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Have a link?

No, just heard Neil Cavuto announce it on Fox News Radio.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: bknapple32
Mueller drops this bomb AS SOON as Trump starts his vacay... . Effing brilliant

Yet not surprising... They are bound and determined to get rid of Trump. Since grand jury proceedings are secret we once again have another leak.

Actually, I'm not entirely convinced that Trump will be directly part of any of this, unless they can find wrongdoing in Comey's firing. In that case, that's on Trump and cannot blame anyone but him.

I think Trump is easily implicated, but more to the point, it does not matter. He is immune to prosecution whilst in office. Any action regarding Trump will be via Impeachment and his own party turning on him.

I am not sure about the legalities...he can't be prosecuted while in office or for anything he did while in office, but the campaign season would not count...so once he is no longer President, he could be technically prosecuted?

Either way..if it comes to that he will be pardoning himself, associates and family before leaving office.

If he hands out Pardons without a plan to resign or before end of term, I suspect congress would be forced to impeach.

I'm not entirely sure about that.

A newfound memo from Kenneth W. Starr’s independent counsel investigation into President Bill Clinton sheds fresh light on a constitutional puzzle that is taking on mounting significance amid the Trump-Russia inquiry: Can a sitting president be indicted?

The 56-page memo, locked in the National Archives for nearly two decades and obtained by The New York Times under the Freedom of Information Act, amounts to the most thorough government-commissioned analysis rejecting a generally held view that presidents are immune from prosecution while in office.

“It is proper, constitutional, and legal for a federal grand jury to indict a sitting president for serious criminal acts that are not part of, and are contrary to, the president’s official duties,” the Starr office memo concludes. “In this country, no one, even President Clinton, is above the law.”

www.nytimes.com...

link   

I do not think a sitting president can be indicted A sitting president can be impeached

Correct. The findings of Muellers investigation will go to the house and senate. The house votes to impeach, the senate puts the president in the dock for trial.

link   
Boys and Girls..

We're getting some tax returns. At this point, I dont care what it proves or disproves... Those damn returns have been talked about more than the missing 28 pages of the 9/11 report

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This indicates the investigation is ramping up. If Mueller needs to subpoena documents or hear testimony they are already impanaled and ready to go.
Sounds,like he's settling in for a long haul and will need to get people under oath.

Yep...just in time....oddly directly after the House Judiciary requests these docs...hmm...guess what's going to pass the House vote....

He is settling in for the long haul.

My question to all those that believe this is going to lead to some impeachment or whatever of Trump....why have all of these folks, and Comey in particular, skated out of actual illegal activity at this point, or the stories buried? I mean Comey, Director of the FBI, admitted to leaking. He testified under oath that Lynch told him to lie about what was happening. Rice unmasked who knows how many people illegally. McCabe's wife took a bribe. Lynch met with Bill Clinton in a plane.

These are all things that are dead to rights proven...as in records and pictures of them.

Yet the libtard crew, with no ACTUAL physical proof of anything having happened, wants people to believe that Mueller is forming a grand jury to investigate and impeach Trump?

Have none of you read back to the early 90's and even farther back to the Arkansas days of the Clintons? Ever heard the saying that befins "if it walks like a duck"....well just take a look at how many scandals they have been involved in and how many around them have fallen....hell....just research Webster Hubbell....

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I do not think a sitting president can be indicted

I think it was during the Clinton investigation that Ken Star's team decided it was constitutional for a president to be indicted by a federal grand jury for serious crimes.

A sitting president can be impeached

True. One of the sections in the articles of impeachment for Nixon was for interfering or trying to interfere in an FBI investigation.

yeah i have seen that star crap discussed by some of the talking heads
you know what they discuss after that
constitutional crisis
notice who trump has been moving into his cabinet?

if they want to remove him the constitution is VERY clear on how that is to be done
good thing the gop got their nom in the SCOTUS before all this crap
SCOTUS is where that endgame lands

Who cares what the talking heads say? Star's memo is very interesting in that it indicates a president can be charged. Would have to be pretty serious though.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
You ask a great quesiton.. Then go ahead and call your audience to said question.. libtards. I, nor any other serious person wont respond to libtard.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TacSite18
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Facts are that he has a heavy hitting financial lineup of a lot of former Clinton "associates"....

What facts are those? Where do you get these facts about Mueller's grand jury? Sources, if you please.

Thank you.

Have you looked up any of the attorneys hired? Just wondering....

Grand Jury's don't usually include the attorneys but.....

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Let the real games begin ... Up until now the wheels were spinning but the cart was not moving . This will be my first time following closely one of these things ...gee I hope I don't expire before the end of the show

link   

The issue with Comeys firing is their was nothing illegal nor improper about it

Except that it appears that he did it to interfere with a federal investigation.
That could be seen as obstruction of justice. I guess it depends on how the investigators see it as to whether any charges will be brought. .
Flynn faces perjury charges at the very least.
Manifort too.
But I think they are singing to reduce or eliminate charges.
Manifort had contemporaneous notes from the meeting in trump tower which he has supposedly given to Mueller.
I don't remember where I heard that. Sorry.
Flynn is not on trial yet and we know they have direct evidence of perjury on him so he's singing like a bird.

link   

originally posted by: TacSite18

I do not think a sitting president can be indicted A sitting president can be impeached

Correct. The findings of Muellers investigation will go to the house and senate. The house votes to impeach, the senate puts the president in the dock for trial.

Nixons impeachment was preceded by criminal trials and convictions of members of his staff and campaign..

Muellers findings may not lead to criminal prosecution of Trump while in office..

But if they charge Trump Jr. or Jared etc. you will see Trump completely spin off the rails.

Other questions would be racketeering charges against the Trump org. as a corporate entity?

And trump can be charged for crimes committed before becoming President (campaign) ..Once he is out of office...Which is where the whole pardon himself and everyone else thing comes into play.

link   
a reply to: introvert

Mueller is not an Independent Counsel.

Big big difference.

He is just a Special Counsel.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

With everyone who has been fired or quit..... who is this leaker?!?!??!?!?!?!

Maybe Trump is the leaker. Maybe he got the number of his therapist confused with the number for WAPO.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The issue with Comeys firing is their was nothing illegal nor improper about it

Except that it appears that he did it to interfere with a federal investigation.
That could be seen as obstruction of justice. I guess it depends on how the investigators see it as to whether any charges will be brought. .
Flynn faces perjury charges at the very least.
Manifort too.

They are both cooperating witnesses IMO.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: introvert

Mueller is not an Independent Counsel.

Big big difference.

He is just a Special Counsel.

That's irrelevant because I believe they are still the same thing. Point remains that the president could be indicted by a federal grand jury for serious crimes.
edit on 3-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join