It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Counsel Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia Probe

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: soberbacchus

Democrats wanted his head on a pike during the election and afterwards, Democrats only changed their mind when the russia bs was pushed.

when Comey testified to Congress he illegally leaked a memo to force a special prosecutor it should have ended right then and there.

Are you saying there'd be no special prosecutor without that memo? There's no way there couldn't be a special prosecutor in this mess eventually.

This grand jury move isn't surprising at all - it's the next logical progression. There's so much smoke, someone has to be on fire - it's just a matter of determining who that is at this point.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Correct.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: TacSite18

a reply to: Xcathdra

Yup, it is so. Even more so since it was confirmed Trump was not the target of the investigation per Comey and the intelligence committee.

I didn't post a video. Try and keep up.

That was then. Now that Trump fired Comey it is a whole new game. Trump firing Comey is why Muelller was appointed, don't you recall?

Trump admitted that he fired Comey over the Russian investigation. He has made his own fate, and is his own worst enemy.

Hmmm...no actually he didn't say it was over the Russia investigation....would love to see that direct quote....LOL!

Would you? I should make you find it yourself.but...

The warm-up:

Source

President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting. “I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

The Pitch...
Source

President Donald Trump, who has contradicted top aides about his firing of FBI Director James Comey, on Friday fired off a tweet at odds with his own statements about the decision that triggered a special counsel probe. Trump, alluding to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, wrote that he is being “investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director!” He then, as he does almost daily, referred to the Justice Department’s Russia election meddling probe as a “Witch Hunt.” Yet, the president’s tweet contradicts his own comments about how and when he decided to fire Comey and appears to acknowledge that he is being investigated over terminating the FBI director.

and striiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike......
Source

In interview with NBC's Lester Holt, Trump said he planned on firing Comey regardless of what Rosenstein recommended. And he suggested the Russia investigation was a reason behind the dismissal. "When I decided to [fire Comey], I said to myself, I said you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story."

You must remember this...or didn't they show it on FOX?

From now on do your own reseach, and I am still waiting for your "Facts"

Oh...yeah...ive read all the stories and the "strike" you mention was the video you posted earlier.....like I said before, have you watched it?

Even in the quote you posted as a "pitch" it says

Trump, alluding to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, wrote that he is being “investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director!”

So....everyone calls for Comey to be fired, but when it happens it's because....RUSSIA!

LOL....seriously....this $hit is funny....

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Been here a while and have some of the most heavily researched threads on ATS. Feel free to go pick one apart.

I think I just did.

Those facts again? I guess I shouldn't hold my breath, because it looks like you may have, ahem, "embellished" a tiny bit.

Have at stop sign:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Trump didn't fire Comey because other folks wanted to see Comey fired in 2016. Trump didn't fire Comey because of the memo he clearly had Rosenstein draft either.

He fired Comey because Comey wasn't playing ball.

Even when he says out of his own mouth that when he fired Comey he was "thinking about the Russia thing with Trump" or whatever — you still can't manage to bring yourself to accepting reality and instead attempt to deflect with a different lie by Trump?

Why? Why are you so emotionally invested in this douche bag? Or is it your own ego you're trying to preserve because you've spent so much time trying to defend him?
edit on 2017-8-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

So....everyone calls for Comey to be fired, but when it happens it's because....RUSSIA!

Not everyone called for Comey to be fired?

Specifically...Trump himself repeatedly praised him...until he wouldn't drop the Russian investigation...then he fired him.

Not complicated. Trump has explained his motivations.

Hmmm...or maybe it was when he realized Comey, FBI Director, was leaking and was covering for Lynch and lying to the American people? Nah....couldnt be why, could it?

A) Those things did not happen outside the right wing ideological fiction narrative constructed to excuse Trump.
B) Trump articulated his reasoning and it did not include those things, he cited Russia.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Prosecutors are the final point for determining if a person is prosecuted - not congress.

Mostly correct, but I am not a lawyer.

I do know that congress impeaches, and I think this could very well wind up there soon...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Why? Why are you so emotionally invested in this douche bag? Or is it your own ego you're trying to preserve because you've spent so much time trying to defend him?

Because, 'ha ha, take that liberals!'

More on-point, this is something to remember. You don't have to remember everything but it's all, likely, to be one for the history books.
edit on 3-8-2017 by links234 because: changed for specification

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Don't research it...just believe....LOL

OR better yet, jsut say it is a fact, and when someone calls you on it, never respond.

Even when they keep asking you for your "facts"

Just never respond.

Ok....so you're saying Lynch and Clinton never met on the tarmac, Comey didn't say he gave his leaked memos to a reporter, Lynch didn't direct Comey to call an investigation something else, Rice didn't unmask 100's without cause and McCabe's wife didn't get a massive donation when this all kicked off?

Guessing you also believe that Hillary Clinton, acting SOS who made training videos about national security protocols and knew from 30 years in government that all government communications are to be saved, just forgot all of this and erased it?

Then, I am supposed to believe that Trump has some deal with Russians? Based on a unverified dossier given to them by a company who's people have ties to the Clintons since the 70's? And after all the Russian hoopla with Hillary during her SOS tenure?

I mean seriously....I have multiple threads on these things with hard evidence and court cases and documents etc....yet you seem to just want to sit here an recite MSN?

Anywho...your post history tells me all I need....no real depth, just copy paste regurgitation of whatever fits your internal narrative...echo chamber much?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Like I said

The Hill‏Verified account @thehill 13m13 minutes ago

Special counsel Mueller probe expands to possible financial crimes unrelated to 2016 election: report hill.cm...

Trump-Russia probe expands to possible financial crimes: report

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Get back on track guuuuuys !

On Monday we discovered that Trump Senior "alledgedly"
- dictated- Trump the Younger's "official reply" last week

That all happened Monday

Tonight, 3 days later ...
a grand jury is being called !

About Trump the Younger & ....
all things that resemble, from long and far, russian babushka dolls :p

RealDjtrump
for anyone not already following
edit on 3/8/17 by Damiel because: formatting

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

Not mostly - it is correct.

Congress does impeach however impeachment is a political question and not a criminal one. Further reinforcing the fact congress cannot grant themselves authority reserved to another branch of government.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Speaking of Clinton and Lynch the DOJ is refusing to release the talking points between the 2 citing "deliberative process" exemption. Clinton is not a government employee and both stated they only discussed personal issues - grand kids and gold - which come no where close to qualifying under exemption.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
Get back on track guuuuuys !

On Monday we discovered that Trump Senior "alledgedly"
- dictated- Trump the Younger's "official reply" last week

False - Fake media distorted what was said. He reviewed the statement when it was done. He didnt dictate anything

originally posted by: Damiel
That all happened Monday

Tonight, 3 days later ...
a grand jury is being called !

About Trump the Younger & ....
all things that resemble, from long and far, russian babushka dolls :p

False - The grand jury was called several weeks ago. It was just now leaked.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Not everyone called for Comey to be fired?

Specifically...Trump himself repeatedly praised him...until he wouldn't drop the Russian investigation...then he fired him.

Not complicated. Trump has explained his motivations.

Hmmm...or maybe it was when he realized Comey, FBI Director, was leaking and was covering for Lynch and lying to the American people? Nah....couldnt be why, could it?

A) Those things did not happen outside the right wing ideological fiction narrative constructed to excuse Trump.
B) Trump articulated his reasoning and it did not include those things, he cited Russia.

Hmmm...

“I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter,” Comey said. “I didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons.”

And the link so you can watch the video of him saying it under oath.....

I always hate for people to be uninformed and look dumb, but in this case I am happy to put this up....

link   

Are you using the WH as your source that Trump only reviewed it?

link   
In simultaneous developments, the Secret Service has decided that it can guard Trump's office on the 50th floor of Trump tower quite adequately from a van parked in the street below.

N..b., this actually happened in July, but For Some Mysterious Reason *cough* it has only just been announced to absolutely anyone who might be interested in Trump's personal security arrangements.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

OR better yet, jsut say it is a fact, and when someone calls you on it, never respond.

Just never respond.

Ok....so you're saying Lynch and Clinton never met on the tarmac, Comey didn't say he gave his leaked memos to a reporter, Lynch didn't direct Comey to call an investigation something else, Rice didn't unmask 100's without cause and McCabe's wife didn't get a massive donation when this all kicked off?

Guessing you also believe that Hillary Clinton, acting SOS who made training videos about national security protocols and knew from 30 years in government that all government communications are to be saved, just forgot all of this and erased it?

Then, I am supposed to believe that Trump has some deal with Russians? Based on a unverified dossier given to them by a company who's people have ties to the Clintons since the 70's? And after all the Russian hoopla with Hillary during her SOS tenure?

I mean seriously....I have multiple threads on these things with hard evidence and court cases and documents etc....yet you seem to just want to sit here an recite MSN?

Anywho...your post history tells me all I need....no real depth, just copy paste regurgitation of whatever fits your internal narrative...echo chamber much?

When did I say any of these things that your are saying?

This post appears to be the most obvious deflections I have seen today.

That is saying a lot.

How does any of this last post have anything to do with the OP?

Start another one of the tiresome threads on these topics if you like. This OP is about breaking news into the Mueller investigation of Russia interference in the 2016 presidential campaign, and any ties to the Trump campaign.

Your last post is so off topic, and such poorly done deflection, in an attempt to drag the OP off of the breaking story, that I am surprised a mod has not deleted it yet.

Oh, and this is the last time I will bring it up, because it is obvious you don't want to discuss it, but where are those "facts?"
edit on 3-8-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Here we go guys. It's really awesome experiencing history in the making. We get to say we saw most wild month in US political history. Glad to see it move in the right direction.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Just never respond.

Ok....so you're saying Lynch and Clinton never met on the tarmac,

Yes..and that is why Comey did the unusal thing of revealing his findings and conclusions directly and why Lynch directed Comey to do the same without her input?

Comey didn't say he gave his leaked memos to a reporter,

How do you "leak" a "leaked memo"..was it "leaked" before he "leaked it"?
Comey also openly testified who he gave it to.
He did not "Leak" anything, because the Memo was not classified at the time he shared it.
What "leak" are you talking about?

Lynch didn't direct Comey to call an investigation something else,

She asked him to call it an "inquiry" vs. "investigation" and Comey did not oblige....Yawn..

You seem strangely sensitive to "interference" for someone that is arguing that firing the head of The FBI for investigating you is A-OK?

Rice didn't unmask 100's without cause

Whoever she unmasked she had cause..everyone in Government knows it..the rest is just feeding bait to base.

and McCabe's wife didn't get a massive donation when this all kicked off?

No...that was before any of this kicked off..you have your timing wrong...fake news much?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join