It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can't Be President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hi there. I'm here to just let you know that you cannot be the President of the United States.

Apparently not having any prior experience in something like diplomacy, military advances, negotiations, or peace creation between countries, then you have no business at all even thinking about running for any high office. I constantly see ridicule of the current administration because "they have no experience doing [x political action among nations] so they have no business in office."

What do you think people would say about you or I if we got into office? What if we were really determined to make this country better based upon your morality and study, as well as those around you who is in your sphere of influence? One of us may be just a farmer who knows how to take care of the land and family, and feels that they can bring good change by being a positive influence in government of a hard worker and someone who is down to earth...

And everyone would ridicule them because they are not a professional politician who has already prostituted themselves to another government or they don't have multiple war hawk campaign insignias upon their breast. Perhaps I'll be more kind and just say you haven't served in the senate and interacted with other countries diplomatically. Only our political overmasters may rule over us, nobody else. No scientists, no businessmen, no academia, no simpleton.

Is this really what the opposition of the current administration feels towards our high offices?

I don't think the system was designed with professional politicians in mind... correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Myollinir

If you want to change the system, the system changes you.

WARNING!! GRAPHIC VIOLENCE!!!

edit on Fri Aug 4 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: added notice

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Inexperience is only one reason people are against the current administration.

There is a lot more to it.

If it were the case that they were inexperienced but doing a good job then fair enough, but not only is the administration inexperienced but Trumps approval ratings are rock bottom.

Also putting inexperienced people into posts were some experience would be helpful is utter stupid. Such as the Secretary of State having never worked in diplomacy.

Most jobs I apply for usually come with a "required" experience level, I could not just become the CEO of apple having never worked in that industry before or never having run a large department. It's a bit like that.
edit on 3-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I know right like Obama had so much experience.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If it were the case that they were inexperienced but doing a good job then fair enough, but not only is the administration inexperienced but Trumps approval ratings are rock bottom.

Also putting inexperienced people into posts were some experience would be helpful is utter stupid. Such as the Secretary of State having never worked in diplomacy.

Most jobs I apply for usually come with a "required" experience level, I could not just become the CEO of apple having never worked in that industry before or never having run a large department. It's a bit like that.

The experienced ones that bank 11 million while president is not how its suppose to be either. Experienced or not he and his family are on pace to give away as much money than Obama made.....People voted Trump because they are tired of these "experienced" politicians bleeding the country dry and lining their pockets and those who do not earn what they receive.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I don't think the system was designed with professional politicians in mind...

Not the president, no. Eisenhower was a career military man. So was Grant. Washington was a southern planter and military officer.

But they all put folks on their staff who were experienced.

Anywho, I don't think experience is the problem folks are having with Trump. Turn on the tv or radio, open a paper, or look around on the internet. Being a novice to politics is low on the list of complaints people have with the Trump administration. If fact, Jarred used inexperience as an excuse last Monday:

“They thought we colluded, but we couldn’t even collude with our local offices,” Kushner told congressional interns during a private talk at the Capitol Visitor Center in Washington on Monday afternoon.

For investigators attempting to determine whether Trump’s associates knowingly worked with Russia to interfere with the 2016 U.S. presidential election, a defense claiming chaos and confusion might be the key difference between criminal behavior and incompetence.

Kushner also downplayed his failure to report more than a hundred instances of foreign travel and contacts with foreign officials on his security clearance forms, which he updated twice to include meetings with Russian officials. “There are 127 pages on the SF-86, but there are only two you guys have to worry about,” he said. “Make sure you guys keep track of where you travel.” Kushner said he didn’t track contacts because he didn’t expect to get into politics, though he worked on his father-in-law’s campaign from the early stages.

Source

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

Yeah there are other criticisms .. the majority of which are ad hominem or ill informed (in my opinion)...

But I see the "they never held office" argument rear its head in almost every instance of criticizing the current job performed.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So just to clarify - only professional political overlords may hold these high offices?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I for one could not care less about 'inexperienced'. Sometimes inexperience - aka a fresh viewpoint - can be very beneficial.

What I object to, as regards the current administration, is the flagrant, in-your-face corruption, the total incompetence, the lies that would shame a 6-year old, and the explicit screwing of the very people that elected it.

Drain the swamp? Suuure, fill the cabinet with billionaires, that will work.
Restore American jobs? Yeah, right, those same billionaires got that way by shipping most decent jobs overseas.
Repeal the ACA and put in place a "really great" health care system? We see how that is working out.

The list goes on and on. This mook has done virtually nothing to keep the promises that were made that matter. THAT is cause for concern, inexperience be damned.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myollinir
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So just to clarify - only professional political overlords may hold these high offices?

Not really could have picked senior former diplomats or yes a politician who has diplomatic expertise

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Don't forget you have to know how to dominate the media, who basically decide who gets the airtime and who doesn't. The poor non-politicians who ran barely get a minute of it, unless they are Trump.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

Drain the swamp? Suuure, fill the cabinet with billionaires, that will work.
Restore American jobs? Yeah, right, those same billionaires got that way by shipping most decent jobs overseas.
Repeal the ACA and put in place a "really great" health care system? We see how that is working out.

Unemployment is the lowest it has been since 2007 (863 000 jobs added since february), and the markets are still surging.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

This mook has done virtually nothing to keep the promises that were made that matter. THAT is cause for concern, inexperience be damned.

I can list 10 right now for you and would be willing to list more promises kept:

1) Replace Antonin Scalia with like-minded justice
2) Defund & crack down on sanctuary cities
3) Suspend immigration from terror-prone countries
4) Pull the US out of the TPP
5) Renegotiate NAFTA or pull out
6) Order a two-for-one repeal for all new regulations
7) Roll back Obama-era regulations on small businesses
8) Crack down on illegal immigration (it's down 70%)
9) To bolster our depleted military
10) To enact a five year lobbying ban on government officials after they leave office

I'm not sure what promises you are keeping track of, but if this is one of your biggest areas of concern, you may want to switch the news station you are watching...

At any rate - I know how split we are as a populace on things not involving experience as per Trump himself, so lets not debate that while we are here. There are plenty other threads for that.

This thread is purely to criticize the "inexperience" claim of the administration and how it pertains to how our high offices were designed.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'll say this.

A. I was an elected official before. I had no experience in what I was running for. But I knew what I wanted to change and what was not working. Even though it was a very local small position, there were administrators there to help me every step of the way. As president and congress and mayor and any other elected position you can imagine there are guides and staffers and admins to guide you every step of the way. You don't need to know anything or have any experience, you just have to do your best and know right from wrong. In fact it's those with the most experience that get stuck in policy and governmental red tape.

B. George Washington, one of our finest presidents. (Read Washington a life) Great Biography. He was never really qualified for any of the positions he had, applied for or was voted for. That never stopped him.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Unemployment is the lowest it has been since 2007 (863 000 jobs added since february), and the markets are still surging.

Yeah, and we could have a discussion about the quality of most of those jobs... low. With low pay. And the market surging? That is fine for folks with enough money to profit from it, but does not do jack for most working class Americans.

A surging market is just more trickle-down, or voodo, economics. That model has proven to be a miserable failure for the working class.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Don't forget you have to know how to dominate the media, who basically decide who gets the airtime and who doesn't. The poor non-politicians who ran barely get a minute of it, unless they are Trump.

Such a huge point. It's so blatantly obvious that many of us are led to believe that we can only have our career politician overmasters run for high offices. And thus the media outlets cut out non career candidates and focus on the goons who stay in office for years and years without term limit. Hell, even people like Ron Paul get cut by the media who DID have experience - as they would routinely report on 1st 2nd and 4th place when Paul would be in 3rd place in "polls".

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yea, that's it. Bwahahahahaha, not.

Go back and look. All the Tr-Hators such as yourself have been on this bandwagon from day one. None of you have any clue as to what constitutes "doing a good job", you hate him no matter what. But I will give you this, you are all consistent. Hate that seeps out of every orifice. And a booming economy coupled with steady growth was all due to Obama's last 8 years. He was kind of a sleeper who put all his ducks in such a place that none of them would line up until after he left office. What a super dude.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12

I know right like Obama had so much experience.

Nobody was really worried about Obama's mental outlook though.
Huge difference.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
No one should govern over anyone, regardless of "Experience" or not

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yeah, "experience" is what has gotten us a 20+ TRILLION dollar deficit, global military quagmires, bailouts of corporations and banks that brought us the 2008 financial crisis, an inflated economy that could bust wide open any given day... Oh, but wait, there's more!! Need I list more?

Yeah, "experience" has done so "well." In short, when the media or an individual brings up political "experience," I tune out.
edit on 3-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join