It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

V shaped UFO over Bucharest in thermal spectrum

page: 3
17
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I would guess at geese? Just a guess though, not much to go on.



Too fast for geese..or any birds we know of. I'm surprised that there hasn't been a mid-air collision between a UFO and an Aircraft. There are Millions of airline flights per year.


So please explain HOW you calculte the speed size not know distance not know




posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

No, I realise that. My opinion though is the formation is perfect for the chevron that geese form and the low quality video plus night vision scope blurs any detail really.



We have seen captured military footage of apache pilots shooting and killing innocent people in middle east. Their camera quality wasnt perfect either. And this is the MILITARY technology we are talking about!


REALLY SR35 is the model he used

From the manufacturers web site


SR-35
The SR-35 camera features a focal length of 35mm, providing a short to medium field of view of
20° and is well-suited for short range threat detection in all circumstances.


Certainly NOT military grade as for thermal cameras at night thats old school now.

For consumers with deep pockets we have this.




posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008




LOOK AT THAT, looks like day time



posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3


I have seen that but have you seen the price ?



posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: wmd_2008




LOOK AT THAT, looks like day time


Holy sh**************************



posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: penroc3


I have seen that but have you seen the price ?




Probably the same response I gave on video...Holy sh**************************!



posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

no, but considering its the cutting edge of imaging, and the fact it looks like that company deals mainly to the government i would say ALLOT



posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Sony have a sensor thst works under star light Canon have a sensor that goes to 4,000,000 iso.

Those will end up in consumer cameras at some point.



posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Need a picture of a goose added to that chart now!



posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

How is that video possible if there is no light? I'm totally amazed.



posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm going with 99% chance geese, 1% chance something else, and that's probably being generous. I hate to use a way overused phrase, but Occam's Razor man, come on...



posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   


That's the Sony Star light sensor you may not know this but camera sensors see in shades of grey a filter over the sensor allows algorithms to work out the colour. As long as the sensor can see shades of grey then colours can be worked out thats it explained in the most basic terms.




a reply to: redtic



posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Black Chevrons, successor of the BBT



posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKestrel04

what makes you thing they are 2 different things?



posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

That's like asking the how the Boeing 787 is different from the Boeing 747, how ever the propulsion works the v formation is still present in the design though with less central mass.It's likely a more efficient design.
edit on 5-8-2017 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: penroc3

How is that video possible if there is no light? I'm totally amazed.


There is light, or at least there are photons of enenergy -- it's simply not visible light, but rather infrared.

Visible light is Electromagnetic (EM) radiation at certain wavelengths and carried by photons.

Infrared light is Electromagnetic (EM) radiation at certain wavelengths and carried by photons.

So there really isn't much of a difference, generally speaking, between visible light EM radiation and infrared EM radiation. They are two aspects of the exact same thing. In fact, on the EM spectrum, the wavelengths for Infrared is directly next to the wavelengths for visible light (with the infrared wavelengths being longer than visible light.

One difference is that our eyes have receptors that are sensitive to the EM spectrum in the visible light wavelengths (thus our eyes can sense visible light), but they do not have receptors sensitive to the EM spectrum in the infrared wavelengths. The fact that we can see the visible light wavelengths of EM radiation is why we call it "visible light". If we had receptors in our eyes that would allow us to see infrared or ultraviolet, then those would have been include din what we call "visible light".

This camera has the receptors that are sensitive to infrared light; i.e., when photons of infrared hit the receptor, an electrical signal is created that is read by the camera. What the camera does is then display that signal, but assigned EM wavelengths of visible light, allowing us to see a visible light representation of the infrared part of the EM spectrum.


edit on 5/8/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Amazing catch.
a reply to: Skywatcher2011



posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Very interesting. a reply to: Skywatcher2011



posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Amazing catch. a reply to: Skywatcher2011




top topics



 
17
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join