It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Admits he Punked his Supporters on Mexico Paying for the Wall

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
They don't know who leaked the transcripts and they will probably never know. Those calls were from just a few days into him taking the Whitehouse.

His staffing is a clustervuck now it must have been much worse at the beginning. No one even knows if the transcripts were even classified. They have said those transcripts had been widely distributed before it is actually amazing that it took so long to come out. How many have they recently fired they should probably check them first.

Aside from the timing and how it hurts the US credibility to negotiate because of the non-confidentiality it also hurts the US because it shows just how weak and inexperienced Trump is when dealing with world leaders.

I think he is probably going on vacation now because this was more than he could handle.

edit on 3-8-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Mexico's F-5 jets are retired. And they only had 3 of those.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The most important issue is renegotiating NAFTA.

Most people do not need to have an opinion about that.

But the renegotiation will cover the cost of the wall many times over.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You say that but Trump keeps failing at his "deal making". Though he keeps assuring us he is a top rate deal maker.

Kinda like watching sausage being made.

Wait for the results.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: gortex
The Washington Post has obtained transcripts of the phone calls between the President and leaders of Mexico and Australia, the transcripts are said to confirm his call with the Australian President didn't go well and show Trump used the prospect of building a wall and Mexico paying for it as a political tool to rally the faithful.

So how does the Washington Post get transcripts of 3 presidents over secured lines?

NSA.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
The entire wall costs about 20 billion, a drop in the bucket compared to the annual budget. It's not even like 0.001% of the annual budget. Mexico will pay nothing, and the wall will stop Mexicans coming in.

Doesn't change the fact that he lied, again. And you all defend him, again.

In the UK we call that "being mugged off" - and still, you defend it.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: vonclod

You're right I'm not shocked anymore and don't take any headlines especially from the wallstreet journal seriously.

I gave up trying to weed out the lies and just let both parties celebrate their comfirmation bias.

This story means nothing period. Trump supporters don't care as long as the wall is built. Omg trump used a political issue to get elected I'm so surprised

Fix everything...DO NOT continue to break things.

We will not be put on our knees by liberal misguidance.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Jonjonj

You went full WaPo, you never go full WaPo.

The quote shows once again Trump speaks with fork tongue.

Trump even acknowledges that the wall is “the least important thing we are talking about, but politically this might be the most important.”

On topic: Is the president and his administration's stance on illegal immigration bearing fruit do you think?

Probably , the figures will be good to bolster support with the faithful.
Weak leaders always need an enemy.

Forked tongues are hallmarks of salvation...since this is hell afterall.

You gonna continue believing the lesser demons instead of the KING SERPENT?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

How long before someone chimes in "All part of the plan" then when asked "What plan"? the supporter finds another topic to address. I don't know what irritates Me more, the way it comes across as if they are privy to any 'plan' OR That Trump would have a plan.

To this "common passerby" it appears that Herr Drumpf flies w/nary a net or 'plan'..

It would take quite a yarn to convince Me hiring/firing that LOUD MOUTH is part; parcel of any plan..

A politician will lie to get erected; Trump was a LIAR before becoming a politician.. Now He just doesn't give 2 squirts..
Better choose the liars who know how to get results.

Everyone hates the truth...so we have to lie a tad...unlike the rest who lie to DESTROY.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Fake news, OP.

There is nothing in the transcript to show that Trump admitted he never intended to get Mexico to pay for the wall.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The taxpayers would be more than happy to pay for something meaningful for once... those of us who actually go to work.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Fake news, OP.

There is nothing in the transcript to show that Trump admitted he never intended to get Mexico to pay for the wall.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel again. Find an excuse to call anything fake news, I think people are starting the realise they've been mugged off.

Time to start saving face.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyeKyu
The taxpayers would be more than happy to pay for something meaningful for once... those of us who actually go to work.

There are LOTS of us that 'go to work' that think The Wall is the most stupid concept since the bridge to nowhere. So don't try and pass-off the opinion of a few as representing the many. Even Donald knows it. The entire idea was a marketing ploy to drive his campaign. Read his damned book. It's all in there.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Everyone hates the truth...so we have to lie a tad...unlike the rest who lie to DESTROY.

What happened to "The Truth will set You free"? But instead of the citizenry playing to this old adage, We continue to play to this old one: "The lesser of 2 evils" Which of course, is an admission that either way We receive "EVIL"...

And when/if it ever gets to a scientific poll, You can mark Me down as someone who not only LOVES 'the truth' but I continue to seek same...

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. I read where You're a resident of the U.K. I'm headed to Scotland in Sept. w/the War Dep't. and was wondering if You could turn the heater on now so when We get there I won't freeze. Yes, I LOVE 'the truth' but despise the cold and the cold increases My pain level and because CBD Oil is verboten I'll have to turn to drink to numb the pain. You'll be warm too...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Fake news, OP.

Any idiot, including Trump, knew Mexico wasn't going to pay for that damn wall.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

So lemme git this, cut services for folks who need it the most, to pay for a Wall that was unnecessary in the first place, as illegal immigrants where at net zero...ooh snap!..did you and others actually believed, in that faked as hell vid that showed illegal immigrants storming the border??..the dude made an issue out of a nothing Berger, to placate a bunch of xenophobes at the tune of 20billion, and that's OK with much of you guys??
edit on 4-8-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I think he is probably going on vacation now because this was more than he could handle.

Or he's getting a hair transplant and liposuction.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You say that but Trump keeps failing at his "deal making". Though he keeps assuring us he is a top rate deal maker.

Kinda like watching sausage being made.

Wait for the results.

We have results already.

PS: I used a CNN link on purpose

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Although I support Trump. ALL Politicians lie to get into office. This is indefinably going to be parroted by the mainstream media for the next..however long Trump is on office. If you give Liberals even one thing to bash Trump with...they will repeat it over and over and over, like the word Russia. Imagine all the lies Hillary was telling, and if SHE made office..it would be fine all of a sudden and the Dems would say nothing at all...kind of like the crimes shes already been busted for.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

a reply to: ElectricUniverse

a reply to: ItsNotIronic

Trump's voters have every right to forgive him if he fails to make Mexico pay for the wall, even if he never intended to do it in the first place and only said he would. But I hope people would see through this sort of crap. No matter how high of a tariff you raise the wall will still be raised with US money, not Mexican. The aim of any economic policy should be to improve the economy(!), not to save face and make backroom deals. I'd like to think Trump would agree with this, being a businessman.

a reply to: ParasuvO

Whatever helps you sleep at night!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join