It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Admits he Punked his Supporters on Mexico Paying for the Wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
if they really want to stop people from crossing do this...

first big wall, like the ones in resident evil 2 movie, that were blocking people from getting out of the city
guards with shoot to kill orders
place land mines all around the border
turret guns lined along the border
24 hour camera to find tunnels underground. if found.. send a small bunker buster to collapse it

pew pew

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don't read anything surprising in the transcript of the conversation. I've mentioned before I'm not exactly a Trump fan, but this is pretty meaningless other than it's propaganda value for Trumps opponents.

I see the real story here as the leak. I find it unnerving that any President would find themselves in a position where they had what amounts to traitors in their inner circle, be it Trump, Obama or any other President.

The Washington Post has become the go to place for people who should be in jail. There is nothing even remotely funny or cool about this. These leaks are not the actions of whistle blowers or hero's and if they would do this for political reasons, what are they also doing in exchange for other things?

People who are celebrating the leaks now, should ask themselves would they have celebrated the same leaks if it had involved the Obama White House?

World leaders will no longer be able to talk behind the scenes and off camera. They will have to assume that their conversations will be leaked to the press and that is not in any way a good thing for the world. The real world is not a soap opera and leaders need to be able to trust those around them.

This has become like a cancer that has metastasized. It will not end well.
edit on 8/3/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

He has still kept more promises than a normal politician or past presidents. Just the fact that he attempted to get mexico to pay was worth it to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Mexico doesn't have a single fighter jet.

The fighter they use is the Northrop F-5.

It has so much corruption so poor.

Yet their debt is nowhere near the debt of our "honest" government.

Millions of Aztecs lost to a few hundreds Spanish. What a joke.

Disease will do that.

How can Mexicans ever pay for anything, let along a wall.

They can't pay for anything yet we owe them close to 40 billion in loans.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

He has still kept more promises than a normal politician or past presidents.

Not so sure about that.
thinkprogress.org...

edit on 3-8-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Trumps supporters won't get upset over this because they still think Trump is trying to keep out the nasty Mexicans. Well that and someone would have to sit down and take a couple of hours explaining to them what punked means.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Uh oh Trump compromised with the Mexican president. Fascist... Racist...

But that's how Trump makes deals according to his own admission.

" In fact, be forewarned – if you do close at your very first offer, you may have used persuasion, not negotiation, and later, the other side may have “remorse” about the deal."

I bet you didn't even know how he was going to get Mexico to pay for the wall, the plans of which were on his website since the beginning of his campaign.

Insulting and threatening people is how he makes deals? Why yes I knew that, but maybe one day you'll realize that is why Trump can't get any deals through government.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I see it as an extension of the dysfunction that Trump promotes. Obama had leakers too, but it wasn't as serious or often as Trump. That's because Obama tried to create a work climate where people respected him as the boss. Trump is just a brash buffoon only worried about his own self-image and who thrives in conflict. The culture of leaking at the WH is Trump's baby and it won't be fixed until HE admits that. Until then he is just going to go through communications teams trying to root out leakers.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't expect much shock from the pro-Trump crowd. They either already know (and have accepted) that Trump is a pathological liar and a conman and don't care "Because Hillary" or "Because Swamp" or they are drowning in Kool-Aid.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Insulting and threatening people is how he makes deals? Why yes I knew that, but maybe one day you'll realize that is why Trump can't get any deals through government.

I know you're used to the culture of public relations, which works perfectly well on those who are inured to marketing and propaganda campaigns, but things are going to be different from now on. The withdrawals you're feeling will subside in time.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12

He has still kept more promises than a normal politician or past presidents. Just the fact that he attempted to get mexico to pay was worth it to me.

He has kept nine promises. Not really worth bragging about.
Promise Kept rulings on Trump-O-Meter

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Ok so I have only compared promises kept not broken so I may be wrong on ones broken but more promises were broken because of backlash and such than any other president in my age.

The transparency though is night and day compared to the last administration. Both due to the way they operate and partially by the leaks. Either way I have never seen the US people get so much information on what is going on. The leaks however is another story.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You're making my point for me. You excuse it because of Trump and you ignore how dangerous it is.

Everyone who is thinking clearly should be bothered by this no matter who it is happening to.

This climate of excusing dangerous crimes and actions for partisan reasons is NOT a good thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yes and he just started. When he gets up there and tells a bold face lie to the people over and over like keep your doctor along with all the other crap we are finding out he boldly lied to our face.....Then I will stop defending him. People like MCCAIN, Pelosi, Waiters, Wasserman and so forth deserve this negative attention before Trump.

Feel free to link some bold face lies and I will see if it changes my mind.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You're making my point for me. You excuse it because of Trump and you ignore how dangerous it is.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm just explaining why the climate exists in the first place. It's not on me to fix it. It's on Trump. HE has to admit that HE is the problem in order to make headway into fixing it. Until then you might as well be pissing in the wind. Fretting over the danger it presents isn't going to change anything. I fret constantly over the damage that the administration is doing to scientific education across the country and the environment. But that isn't going to change what they are doing.

Everyone who is thinking clearly should be bothered by this no matter who it is happening to.

This climate of excusing dangerous crimes and actions for partisan reasons is NOT a good thing.

I'm bothered by the Trump admin altogether, so I see this as just one more symptom that is endangering our country on the world stage. I can't spare enough outrage though to be outraged 24/7 about as there are more bone headed things that Trump does that I'm moreso worried about.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

World leaders will no longer be able to talk behind the scenes and off camera. They will have to assume that their conversations will be leaked to the press and that is not in any way a good thing for the world. The real world is not a soap opera and leaders need to be able to trust those around them.

That is the real danger, it's not just Trump-talk, it's about the other world leaders being in the line of fire back home.
However, it is clear that Trump's pomposity and never ending propensity to lie..especially the need to lie to boost his ego, and his own disloyalty that puts him squarely in the area of vulnerability no matter what he does.
He's not fit for purpose.
IMHO, he is also dangerous, and God knows what he will be like even when he does leave office...he cannot shut up.
And that's it like it or not, if anyone doesn't see that, their head is in the sand.
Trump owes the people now...

' Trump tells Peña Nieto to stop saying publicly that his government would never pay for the wall.'
edit on 3-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You say that but Trump keeps failing at his "deal making". Though he keeps assuring us he is a top rate deal maker.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
a reply to: buster2010

Yes and he just started. When he gets up there and tells a bold face lie to the people over and over like keep your doctor along with all the other crap we are finding out he boldly lied to our face.....Then I will stop defending him. People like MCCAIN, Pelosi, Waiters, Wasserman and so forth deserve this negative attention before Trump.

Feel free to link some bold face lies and I will see if it changes my mind.

Trump has told more bold faced (and easily proven) lies than any politician in modern history. The fact you excuse all of them to say this just tells me you aren't even close to sincere about your statements. Hell his lies range from the petty to ones like this where he lied about campaign promises or others where he pursued policies and agendas counter to what he promised on the campaign trail. There is literally zero chance I believe you will ever hold Trump to the same honesty standards you hold Obama, because we passed that line a LONG time ago.

And since you asked:
Trump’s Lies
edit on 3-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Blaine91555

I see it as an extension of the dysfunction that Trump promotes. Obama had leakers too, but it wasn't as serious or often as Trump. That's because Obama tried to create a work climate where people respected him as the boss. Trump is just a brash buffoon only worried about his own self-image and who thrives in conflict. The culture of leaking at the WH is Trump's baby and it won't be fixed until HE admits that. Until then he is just going to go through communications teams trying to root out leakers.

You make a very excellent point. If he was running a productive, healthy ship, he wouldn't have that many mutineers on his hands.

It does not excuse that person of being a leaker, but it does show that Trump is not in charge.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's one of the unspoken checks and balances of the government. Public civil disobedience. It is an American tradition that dates back 241 years. Trump can rant and rave about whistleblowers, protestors, rioter, ramble rousers, and other ways liberals are speaking out, but the more he does the louder they'll get. Americans don't like being ignored.

PS: This isn't condoning that behavior either (since I know some yahoo will read too far into my words here). It is just a statement of reality.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join