It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just had to share this due to it's idiocy and hilarity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The left is conveniently silent when it comes the subjugation of women in different cultures, essentially holding them to lower standards, because they are racist, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Frightened of muslims.

Racist because we see something that resembles something.

What is this whoossification [sp]?

I saw this thumbnail the other day, thought it was a picture of muslim women, read the headline [about 3 times] before I got that they were bus seats.

Then I laughed, because they really looked like them.

Now what?

Am I a racist, because my brain recognised something and then realised that it wasn't what I thought???

Really?
I totally don't like how quickly these rather serious [and wrong - islam isn't a race] insults are happily applied by the little poppykins' kids.

They want equality, peace and acceptance for everyone apart from those they call Hitlers or bigots or racists, for them they want death and destruction. They all want to live in a diverse world; and all of those they call bigots can be put into concentration camps and burn...basically.
How weird, hypocritical and delusional are they?

Isn't that libel and slander if you just bleat accusations at others like sheep, without any knowledge of them?
edit on 3-8-2017 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The difference is wearing a Kippah is not impeding on modern society and social norms. It isn't an apples to apples comparison.

Lol. That is ridiculous. The Burka isn't impeding on modern society or social norms. For one, the burka has been around for centuries. For two, Muslims have been in the US since it was founded. The burka wasn't a problem back then. For three, it's only a problem to Muslim haters.

The fact is when women are walking around in a full body curtain it creates a safety hazard. If someone wants to adhere to a dark ages religion and treat their women as chattle, then I really don't care but the line gets drawn if it is preventing them from participating as a citizen in the country.

An article of clothing isn't preventing them from participating as a citizen of the country. You are reaching with that nonsense.

So if someone creates a religion and decides adherents should always be nude, are we going to allow that in public too? What if some religion says washing your hands is bad, can that person work in a restaurant?

That depends on if it becomes large enough that the US recognizes it as an official religion. Scientology had to literally scam the IRS to be accepted. Rastafarians and other groups who are trying to get around federal restrictions on pot use have a hard time getting approved. So it's not like it would be easy or anything. You make it sound like you can just declare a group and a segment of beliefs as a religion and suddenly you are protected under 1st Amendment protections. Um. No. Muslims are protected because Islam has been a religion for centuries now.

I gave specific examples of how it prevents them from participating which you didn't even attempt to address / refute. I also specifically stated I don't care if they want to walk around covered head to toe.

NO you gave specific examples of how Muslims men may keep their wives from participating in the culture around them. It has nothing to do with wearing or not wearing a burka. Though wearing the burka could be a symptom of said oppression. There are Muslim women who are proud of the burka and wear it as a matter of Muslim pride. How does that calculate into your stereotyping?

However, there are certain situations in which their religion / religious garb should not take priority. The biggest one is in identification.

And I said that this is a picture taken on a bus where identification doesn't matter.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The difference is wearing a Kippah is not impeding on modern society and social norms. It isn't an apples to apples comparison.

Lol. That is ridiculous. The Burka isn't impeding on modern society or social norms. For one, the burka has been around for centuries. For two, Muslims have been in the US since it was founded. The burka wasn't a problem back then. For three, it's only a problem to Muslim haters.

The fact is when women are walking around in a full body curtain it creates a safety hazard. If someone wants to adhere to a dark ages religion and treat their women as chattle, then I really don't care but the line gets drawn if it is preventing them from participating as a citizen in the country.

An article of clothing isn't preventing them from participating as a citizen of the country. You are reaching with that nonsense.

So if someone creates a religion and decides adherents should always be nude, are we going to allow that in public too? What if some religion says washing your hands is bad, can that person work in a restaurant?

That depends on if it becomes large enough that the US recognizes it as an official religion. Scientology had to literally scam the IRS to be accepted. Rastafarians and other groups who are trying to get around federal restrictions on pot use have a hard time getting approved. So it's not like it would be easy or anything. You make it sound like you can just declare a group and a segment of beliefs as a religion and suddenly you are protected under 1st Amendment protections. Um. No. Muslims are protected because Islam has been a religion for centuries now.

I gave specific examples of how it prevents them from participating which you didn't even attempt to address / refute. I also specifically stated I don't care if they want to walk around covered head to toe.

NO you gave specific examples of how Muslims men may keep their wives from participating in the culture around them. It has nothing to do with wearing or not wearing a burka. Though wearing the burka could be a symptom of said oppression. There are Muslim women who are proud of the burka and wear it as a matter of Muslim pride. How does that calculate into your stereotyping?

However, there are certain situations in which their religion / religious garb should not take priority. The biggest one is in identification.

And I said that this is a picture taken on a bus where identification doesn't matter.

Work on your reading comprehension. I stated so specifically that situations in which you need to identify the burka wearer are an issue. This has zip and zero to do with their subjugation. They could be happy as a clam wearing a curtain, but it doesnt chnage the identification issue.

I have no doubt some muslim women are perfectly happy being chattel. Ive never argued otherwise. However, that doesn't negate that outsiders can still see the subjugation for what it is...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Work on your reading comprehension. I stated so specifically that situations in which you need to identify the burka wearer are an issue. This has zip and zero to do with their subjugation. They could be happy as a clam wearing a curtain, but it doesnt chnage the identification issue.

*facepalm* Fine. Whatever. I don't care because it isn't related to this OP.

I have no doubt some muslim women are perfectly happy being chattel. Ive never argued otherwise. However, that doesn't negate that outsiders can still see the subjugation for what it is...

Wearing an article of clothing and being proud of that clothing choice isn't "being chattel"... Why is it so hard for you guys to accept that moderate Muslims can exist too? I happen to know a bunch. I just ate lunch with one in fact. We had pepperoni pizza. He spent the whole lunch telling me how he was trying to avoid pork, not because of his religion, but because he has heart palpitations. He ate the pizza anyways.

So really. Open your mind a bit. Maybe you'll learn something.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: justagod
An anti-immigrant group mistook empty bus seats for women wearing burqas

Some group members took the picture — posted with the comment, “what do people think of this?" — as proof that a ban was needed. More than 100 soon commented on it. “It looks really scary, should be banned. You can never know who is under there. Could be terrorists with weapons,” one user wrote, according to a translation from the Local website. Others described it as “frightening” and “tragic.”

Well, those are not burqas. They're bus seats.

Johan Slattavik, the user who initially posted the photographs to Fedrelandet viktigst, told WorldViews in a Facebook message that he had been bored one night so he decided to play “a little practical joke.” Slattavik said he was curious to see how people would react. “I laid out the photo to see what happened,” he said, adding that he was shocked so many people fell for it. “I ended up having a good laugh,” Slattavik said.

This just proves how fear and stupidity are a bad mix. These bigots just can't see straight and only saw the thing they feared most.

It is not wrong to think of your country first but it is wrong to blame an entire group for the violent idiots who are out to destroy that country. It is OK to disagree with someone's religion but you first must educate yourself on what it actually is about instead of reading biased sites on the subject.

Yes radical Muslims exist but they do not speak for an entire group. I do not know enough about the religion of Islam to spread hate or tolerance about it and the same goes for all religions. I hear the western religions speak about love...etc and then hear people from these same religions spread hate and fear yet do not enough to condemn them.

Just thought I would share this post due to ridiculous nature of how much hate and fear can blind a person.

Not hard to believe that nobody, including the OP, has pointed out yet that this was a photo taken in Norway posted a Norwegian FB page....yet somehow it equates to the US?

I mean with all the racial/ethnic/religious inequality we supposedly have here, why is a photo from Norway the thing making the news?

LOL....wait....did nobody actually read the article and see it was from Norway and the posts they refer to are on a Norwegian FB page and had to be translated before the hit piece was written to get Americans all riled up? Not shocked....
edit on 8/3/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
There's a photo of an old man trying to post a letter through a burka'd woman's eye slits. Too funny

The point is that humans are hardwired to see faces. We can read a face in a split second to determine whether that person is friendly or whether they are threatening. Burkas and full face covering are inhumane. They dehumanise those women and literally create a physical and communication barrier to the outside world. The women who wear such burkas follow the fundamental wahhabism and salafism sects of Islam. These women are brainwashed enough to dress in such a fashion then it's not a stretch that these women believe non-Muslims are dirty and worthy of death.

If the SHTF these would be the first Muslim women to take up arms against non-believers. These are not the moderates. These women are despised by truly moderate Muslims.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join