It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Awans Ever Have Security Clearance?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You know this how? Have you talked to the police investigator who arrested them?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

They were arrested for bank fraud, which implies that if data was stolen then it would be related to their attempt to commit bank fraud. The weren't arrested for treason or for selling information to a foreign government. It was bank fraud. BANK FRAUD

Here is a link to Burntheships ATS thread from February 11, 2017. This hit the news back then, and you were deflecting in page two of that thread.

Your post

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

They were arrested for bank fraud, which implies that if data was stolen then it would be related to their attempt to commit bank fraud. The weren't arrested for treason or for selling information to a foreign government. It was bank fraud. BANK FRAUD

Here is a link to Burntheships ATS thread from February 11, 2017. This hit the news back then, and you were deflecting in page two of that thread.

Your post

Wait. So you think that me withholding judgement and not jumping to conclusions with the little info given is deflecting? HAHAHAHAHA! Wow! ATS really has sunk low... I wonder if you still know what "deny ignorance" even means.

Furthermore, I'm not sure what you are trying to prove to me by linking me to that post. Just like back then I don't see the links you guys are spuriously trying to suggest about the Awans. I DO see a lot of confirmation bias and jumping to conclusions though.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This is huge then. Do we truly have an espionage ring that operated under Obama? Everything is pointing that way. What a swamp of rats! The sale of our security information would pay big bucks for sure.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You know this how? Have you talked to the police investigator who arrested them?

Oh, so you know the Capitol Hill investigations have concluded and found him innocent?

And you know for a fact that he is innocent of bank fraud as well?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, so you know the Capitol Hill investigations have concluded and found him innocent?

I don't recall saying or suggesting that.

And you know for a fact that he is innocent of bank fraud as well?

I don't recall saying or suggesting that. Are you sure you are talking to the right person?

I asked you if you had talked to the arresting officer since you seem so sure of yourself about the reasons they arrested them. Everything reported in the news says they were arrested for bank fraud and that is why they are holding them. So it reasons, at least until further information is released, that any stolen equipment or illegally accessed data has to do with their attempt to commit bank fraud. Saying literally anything else is intellectually dishonest. That is unless you have access to info that I don't (like say having talked to the arresting police officer).

But as butcherguy so kindly pointed out, I don't jump to conclusions mid-investigation. I go with the evidence presented and form a fluid opinion that is open to change as new info is released. And right now there is nothing that is suggesting I should believe this is anything but a bank fraud case. If something more concrete is comes out that says it is more than bank fraud (like additional charges against the Awans being leveled) then I'll reconsider my opinion.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

According to Gohmert, there is an ongoing investigation into procurement and data theft committed by the Awan brothers and those connected to them.

www.foxnews.com...

The investigation was announced last month by the U.S. Capitol Police and purportedly focuses on the contractors' access to House computers and whether they took hardware and made questionable IT-related purchases.

A police spokesman, while declining to go into detail, told Fox News this week that the case remains opens and focuses on “the actions of House IT support staff.”

But a high-level House staffer acknowledged Monday to Fox News that the probe has raised concerns about emails being hacked.

Official documents and multiple sources say at least five contractors -- including brothers Imran, Jamal and Abid Awan -- are the focus of the probe but that as many as six people could be involved.

The others purportedly involved are Imran’s wife, Hina Alvi, and Rao Abbas, who is not part of the family.

They allegedly removed hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment from offices, including computers and servers, and ran a procurement scheme in which they bought equipment, then overcharged the House administrative office that assigns such contractors to members.

As you can see, the charges being investigated by the Capitol Police are very, very different than the bank fraud.

www.cnn.com...

The complaint and affidavit against Awan accused him and his wife, Hina Alvi, of attempting to commit bank fraud by misrepresenting themselves on a loan for a rental property they had and then wiring the proceeds to two unnamed persons in Pakistan.

Christopher Gowen, an attorney for Awan, said Schultz's office fired him after the arrest. David Damron, a spokesman for Wasserman Schultz, confirmed to CNN that Awan had worked in the Florida Democrat's office and had been fired.
Asked if Alvi, who the complaint refers to at length, had been charged, Gowen said, "Not yet."

Awan, 37, of Lorton, Virginia, was a shared employee paid by more than a dozen Democratic House offices, congressional disbursement documents show, for January to March 2017, the most recent period for which data are available.
A report from BuzzFeed in early February said House staffers were under investigation for stealing equipment, and Politico reported Awan was one of those under investigation. Gowen said most offices ended their relationship with Awan, but that Wasserman Schultz's office continued to keep him on the payroll until the day of the arrest.

Even CNN admits they are two different things. And Awan has been released with a GPS tracker to keep him in the country.

So he was a flight risk and they took him in to keep him here as his wife already left with a cool $12,000 in cash in a bulging bag.

Bill Miller, a spokesman for the US attorney's office in DC, said Awan was arraigned in US District Court on Tuesday and charged with one count of bank fraud. He pleaded not guilty and was released "pursuant to a high-intensity supervision program," Miller said.

Miller said Awan would have a curfew and a GPS monitor and that he could not go more than 50 miles away from his home and had to turn over his passports, according to the conditions of his release.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Krazysh0t

According to Gohmert, there is an ongoing investigation into procurement and data theft committed by the Awan brothers and those connected to them.

Fantastic. If something new develops then I'll look at it and change my opinion then. As it stands even your Fox News link is saying that only questions have been raised. Which could mean anything. For instance someone could have just asked that question just because they are paranoid even though the police had already ruled it out.

As you can see, the charges being investigated by the Capitol Police are very, very different than the bank fraud.

www.cnn.com...

Looks like bank fraud to me. Though before they were arrested for bank fraud it appears they were under investigation for stealing equipment. I imagine that that investigation is what prompted the bank fraud charge and subsequent arrest.

So he was a flight risk and they took him in to keep him here as his wife already left with a cool $12,000 in cash in a bulging bag.

Of COURSE he's a flight risk. He tried to flee the country. That has nothing to do with his guilt for the other charges though.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well, here is another claim as a first hire for Awan to add to the list. I kept thinking that he was hired by someone from Fl but figured I just forgot.

Imran was first employed in 2004 by former Democrat Rep. Robert Wexler (FL) as an “information technology director”, before he began working in Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s office in 2005

link

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I see that their are a few members here who must work for the propaganda arm of the deep state, always making excuses.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I see that their are a few members here who must work for the propaganda arm of the deep state, always making excuses.

It's probably just a quaint Pakistani custom to board trans-Atlantic flights with suitcases full of money ... $12,000 worth of money.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Here he is mentioned in in August of 2005:

"Her calendar is sent directly to her BlackBerry, regardless of where she is," said Imran Awan, the information technology director for eight Democratic members of Congress. "We also send her PDF documents [to brief her]."

Technology travels to House
August 27, 2005

Is the arrested Awan any relation to this guy:

Dr. Imran Awan

Associate Professor in Criminology at Birmingham City University
Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Higher Education

Current
Birmingham City University

Previous
University of Glamorgan, University of Wolverhampton

?

I ask because a paper he wrote has been 404'ed and yet the wayback machine has it archived.

web.archive.org...://www.internetjournalofcriminology.com/awan_debating_the_term_cyber-terrorism_ijc_jan_2014.pdf

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Your post

Wait. So you think that me withholding judgement and not jumping to conclusions with the little info given is deflecting? HAHAHAHAHA! Wow! ATS really has sunk low... I wonder if you still know what "deny ignorance" even means.

Furthermore, I'm not sure what you are trying to prove to me by linking me to that post. Just like back then I don't see the links you guys are spuriously trying to suggest about the Awans. I DO see a lot of confirmation bias and jumping to conclusions though.

I saw your post to silly, making like this is something new.
It is a long developing story that you are fully aware of.
It was clear that the brothers were involved in espionage then, but you are apparently blinded by partisanship and still want to think that this is just about a bank fraud case today.

Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh so you are just trying to get me in a petty "gotcha" moment because I had a memory slip. Ok you win. Sorry for not having 100% perfect memory recall. Next time I'll install a hard drive in my brain so that I don't forget anything and you don't have to worry about correcting a petty slip of the mind. Is that fair?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Oh so you are just trying to get me in a petty "gotcha" moment because I had a memory slip. Ok you win. Sorry for not having 100% perfect memory recall. Next time I'll install a hard drive in my brain so that I don't forget anything and you don't have to worry about correcting a petty slip of the mind. Is that fair?

Not calling you out.
Helping you remember.
You are welcome.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Not calling you out.
Helping you remember.
You are welcome.

Helping me remember by being a complete tool bag and jerk about it? Gotcha.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I go with the evidence presented and form a fluid opinion that is open to change as new info is released. And right now there is nothing that is suggesting I should believe this is anything but a bank fraud case. If something more concrete is comes out that says it is more than bank fraud (like additional charges against the Awans being leveled) then I'll reconsider my opinion.

Your opinion is noted and with that, you should leave this thread since you're only going to keep telling the rest of us we have no business speculating.

The title of the thread asks a question and several respondents are theorizing. Would it be any fun to read threads if we all just went by the black-and-white, blinders-on scale-of-justice legalize facts? If we did that, we'd just be lawyers and I don't want to be put in that category.

In a public forum, we get to come up with all kings of speculation. Sometimes what people post is very revealing and stimulates others to think differently. Often times, people provide links to facts you'll never get from the MSM. And yes, other posts can seem a bit silly.

Don't spoil for everyone else.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Well said!! This said what most of us wanted to say, but without being rude.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Well said!! This said what most of us wanted to say, but without being rude.

I hope I wasn't rude... not my intent to be.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You said it without rudeness. That's what I meant to convey.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join