It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Awans Ever Have Security Clearance?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

True. But what exactly are you inferring?
Spit it out.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I believe we've been talking espionage, not terrorism.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I really don't know this latest conspiracy theory or who these people are.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Then read. You've been provided with a ton of resources, and if those fail, try doing a Google search using the terms Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and Imran Awan. Those will pull up plenty.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You mean this hasn't it been covered on MSNBC?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Here's the original story:
Democratic staffer arrested on bank fraud charge

Imran Awan, who has worked for several House Democrats, including Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, was arrested Monday and charged with bank fraud as he tried to leave the country, legal documents show.
FBI spokeswoman Lindsay Ram said FBI and US Capitol Police arrested Awan at Washington's Dulles International Airport as he attempted to travel to Pakistan.
The complaint and affidavit against Awan accused him and his wife, Hina Alvi, of attempting to commit bank fraud by misrepresenting themselves on a loan for a rental property they had and then wiring the proceeds to two unnamed persons in Pakistan.

As you can see it is just standard asshole behavior. BUUUUT because he is from Pakistan and worked for the DNC you get all the conspiracy theories. Here's a good one:
Roger Stone: Seth Rich Was Partying With Imran Awan on the Night of His Murder
I'm not going to copy/paste the story because the link being pointed out is beyond stupid.

By the way, his employers don't think that he compromised any information from the DNC:
Colorado Rep. DeGette on Imran Awan, IT staffer arrested while attempting to leave U.S.

Democratic Congresswoman Diana DeGette spoke with Next for the first time on Wednesday, about her former staffer who was arrested last week while fleeing the country.

DeGette says she doesn't think this IT staffer, 37-year-old Imran Awan, compromised the security of her information, or that of her constituents in Denver.

"So this is a former staffer who worked for several dozen members of Congress on a contract basis. And several months ago, some months ago, our chief of staff called together - and told us there was a criminal investigation - involving this individual. We terminated his employment because frankly he wasn't - didn't have access to the House information, so he couldn't do his job."

Awan also did work for former Democratic National Committee chair Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz. That's prompted all kinds of conspiracy theories about the election in conservative media. In Marshall Zelinger's interview with DeGette, our questions focused on whether Awan had access to sensitive personal information belonging to Coloradans.

DeGette did not directly answer that question.

"We don't have any information or belief that he has compromised any constituent information. And we have asked the investigators and also the House administration to please inform us if they get any information otherwise."

That about cover the reality of the situation. I'm sure our resident paranoid conservatives will fill you in on all the crazy stuff about how he and Seth Rich worked together to steal emails from the DNC.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Why was he paid so much?

Why did Wasserman-Schultz keep him employed long after all her colleagues ditched him?

Why was there so much destroyed computer hardware, including hard drives, hidden at one of the addresses he owned?

If this was just an otherwise innocent employee who is caught doing other crazy things ... how do you answer those questions?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

You mean this hasn't it been covered on MSNBC?

they've probably checked it out, and found it was bull....they have already been given several "stories" which have turned out to be fake news, but seemed legitimate at first glance. these "stories" have been sent to CNN, and others, trying to catch them broadcasting BS, so to DE-LEGITIMIZE their stations, and overall trying to de-legitimize the American MSM all together....it's been done in several countries. the most recent was Poland, who elected a right-winger, and he took over the Media due to reporting of fake news. now it's a state run media....just like Putin has done, and trump is trying to do.......our own alphabet agencies have been aware of this for some time.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why was he paid so much?

Because he had a good contract salary negotiation?

Why did Wasserman-Schultz keep him employed long after all her colleagues ditched him?

Because she didn't fire him right away?

Why was there so much destroyed computer hardware, including hard drives, hidden at one of the addresses he owned?

Because he's a computer geek?

If this was just an otherwise innocent employee who is caught doing other crazy things ... how do you answer those questions?

He isn't an otherwise innocent employee. He tried to get away with bank fraud and flee the country. That's a very serious offense.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for posting. Great job. I am having a senior moment and need to reread.

delete line

edit on 3-8-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

You are talking about the policy?

Hmmm ....

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Here's the original story:

Hardly.
The original story goes back to February of this year when the Awan brothers were outed for stealing computers and hard drives from Congress.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If you read the Congressional Record, you would note the Awans fled because they were under investigation for procurement and data theft.

Then this was added: ``This post has been updated and corrected with
new information from US Capitol Police, which said no arrests have been
made but there is an active investigation ongoing into IT staff who
were involved in alleged procurement scam. A lawmaker briefed on the
situation had told BuzzFeed News that arrests were made.''
And then yesterday we had this update from Politico, ``House staffers
under criminal investigations still employed,'' by Heather Caygle.
``Multiple Democratic lawmakers have yet to cut ties with House
staffers under criminal investigation for wide-ranging equipment and
data theft.

I don't know what data theft means to you, but to me it means they had access to sensitive information and they are under investigation for having possibly stolen it.

That they all fled, or attempted to flee doesn't look good.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am trying to verify this, but, if true, it is very concerning:

These Muslim staffer’s services were so important to the Democrats, that on March 22, 2016, eight Democrat members of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence issued a letter, requesting that their staffers be granted access to Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI). Of those that signed the letter were representatives Jackie Speier (CA) and Andre Carson (IN), the second Muslim in Congress, both of whom employed the Awan brothers.
A Huge Political Scandal

Politically correct to point out or not, I'm just sayin':

Andre Carson converted to Islam in the 90's.

Carson is the only Member of Congress to have served in a Department of Homeland Security Fusion Center.

What is a Fusion Center? They are designed to promote information sharing at the federal level between agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. military, and state- and local-level government.

Just adding this to the stuff to think about.

edit on 3-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The letter is real. I have a link to the .PDF somewhere in this thread. In the OP actually.

One of the sources I used in the OP also claimed that Carson brought in the Awan brothers, but since multiple other sources say Meeks was the first one to hire them, I didn't cite that bit if information. I couldn't find anything to back it up, so that may just be rumor.
edit on 3-8-2017 by ketsuko because: herp derp ... doubel negative

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I'm not kidding. Ok I get its a person or people from reading. But why are they important.
Or knowing this crowd, why do you think they are important.
Tell me the story of the Awan.

Your game plan today is:

Playing Opossum and hoping people will fall for it.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

They were arrested for bank fraud, which implies that if data was stolen then it would be related to their attempt to commit bank fraud. They weren't arrested for treason or for selling information to a foreign government. It was bank fraud. BANK FRAUD I have to keep repeating that because you guys are trying desperately to ignore that key detail.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

We are coming back to Kelly's DHS quote - If you knew what I knew ...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Had to read the doc again and I see that the policy for IT folks was implemented last year prior to the firings. Gohmert was questioning why this was done.

You don't even have to speculate why it was done and those who signed onto the bill need to be brought before committee as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

They were arrested for bank fraud, which implies that if data was stolen then it would be related to their attempt to commit bank fraud. The weren't arrested for treason or for selling information to a foreign government. It was bank fraud. BANK FRAUD

And Al Capone was only ever a tax dodger.

Please, in order to hold him and keep him from running from the investigation, they had to nab him on what they had. In this case, they can prove the bank fraud.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join